Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 on a New Build PC from USB, Error Loading Operating System

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 on a New Build PC from USB, Error Loading Operating System in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new PC I built. The PC seems to be running great, all the ports seem to function and the BIOS boots normally.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulHobson2, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Installing Windows 10 on a New Build PC from USB, Error Loading Operating System

I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new PC I built. The PC seems to be running great, all the ports seem to function and the BIOS boots normally. I've been troubleshooting for hours, reformatting the USB between NTFS, xFAT, FAT32, etc. trying each format to see if it would boot from any of those. At first I tried with an external HDD 500GB and it wouldn't even bother to read it no matter the format. Now I'm trying on a 16GB Flash drive, and I get "Error Loading Operating System" every time, no matter the format (won't let me do FAT32 because the "volume is too big").

Any help would be so greatly appreciated. I've been troubleshooting for two days now and can't find any answers.

I downloaded the OS file via my Macbook Pro, then copied it into the formatted USB flash drive.

The PC is running a Gigabyte Aorus z390 Ultra with an Intel i7 9700 CPU. As I said, BIOS is running fine. I'm just getting "Error loading operating system" every time I boot from the USB.

:)

PaulHobson2, Mar 19, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 19, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Installing Windows 10 on a New Build PC from USB, Error Loading Operating System

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 on a New Build PC from USB, Error Loading Operating System

1. Installing Windows 10 on a New Build PC from USB, Error Loading Operating System - Similar Threads - Installing Build USB

2. Installing windows on a new build but USB won't load

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing windows on a new build but USB won't load: Hello, I have built a new PC and trying to install windows on it via a USB. The computer was able to boot the USB once but it when I selected 64 bit it gave me an error message and the PC restarted. Once it restarted it tried to boot the USB again but it was just a blank...
  3. Loading Operating System

Loading Operating System: I am trying to install windows 10 off a USB. When I change the boot order to reflect the USB, I get stuck permanently at "Loading Operating System". I created this boot media just earlier today, from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 I...
  4. error loading operating system+windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error loading operating system+windows 10: error loading operating system+windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-loading-operating-systemwindows-10/639d5210-ac76-41e4-925d-0bff260838cb
  5. Windows 10 USB Install on new PC Error

Windows 10 USB Install on new PC Error: So i just bought and assembled a new PC today. I got the Windows 10 installer on a USB and went to launch the installer, but I always end up getting an error that stops me dead in my tracks. For clarity, I have done the following: - Set the boot priority for the Windows 10...
  6. New PC build new window usb not installing

New PC build new window usb not installing: Built my son a new gaming pc, have done a few of these but brand new windows usb install key wont install, will make a new key but hoping issue is fixable as new key not cheap...
  7. Windows 10 install from USB in new build keeps looping

Windows 10 install from USB in new build keeps looping: Hello, I am trying to install Windows 10 Pro from a USB on a new system build: Asus X570 Tuf Gaming + MB Ryzen 9 3900X CPU 3 different drives - 2 M.2 NVMe drives (500GB, 1TB) and one SATA SSD (8TB) Here are the steps I have taken to install the OS on the 500GB M.2...
  8. Brand new PC build - Windows 10 will not load - ACPI Bios Error

Brand new PC build - Windows 10 will not load - ACPI Bios Error: I just put a new build together and am getting a Stop code (at blue screen) "ACPI Bios Error". I created a USB boot drive with a new 16G USB drive. The motherboard is ASUS an H110M-C/CSM with 2X4G 2133 RAM. The processor is i3-6100. From the splash screen everything...
  9. Trouble installing Windows 10 through USB on a new PC build

Trouble installing Windows 10 through USB on a new PC build: Message is "Windows setup could not install one or more boot-critical drivers. To install windows make sure that drivers are valid and restart the installation." There is no CD, just USB. Please help!...
  10. Windows 10 PC stuck at Loading Operating System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 PC stuck at Loading Operating System: In case it may help someone. I had the subject problem I have two physical disks installed in a gigabyte m/c (mobo GA-Z68A-D3-B3). After much searching I discovered that the Hard Disk Priorities had been swapped in the BIOS causing it to attempt to load the operating system...