Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 on a new PC and transferring license from a broken laptop

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 on a new PC and transferring license from a broken laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My son's Windows 10 laptop is beyond repair so we are about to replace it with a new desktop PC. He's as you can imagine on a budget so of course the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JackoJaxster, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Installing Windows 10 on a new PC and transferring license from a broken laptop

My son's Windows 10 laptop is beyond repair so we are about to replace it with a new desktop PC. He's as you can imagine on a budget so of course the option of buying a PC without a pre-installed operating system will save him a considerable amount of money if he then installs Windows 10 Pro on the new machine himself & can then transfer the Windows 10 Pro digital licence linked to his Microsoft account to activate this for free. I know the usual protocol is to remove the license activation from the old PC before activating on his new PC but of course this isn't really an option with his

:)

JackoJaxster, Aug 1, 2021
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 1, 2021
  3. VesyDi Win User
    Transfer Windows 10 license from a broken pc to a new one

I purchesed windows 10 for my old laptop that recently broke and is unrepairable.

Its hard drive and video card got damaged.

I got a new pc and i have the activation key from the windows i bought ,but i cant activate my old windows on the new laptop.

Is there a way to remove the license from the old broken laptop an transfer it to the new one.

VesyDi, Aug 1, 2021
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on a new PC and transferring license from a broken laptop

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 on a new PC and transferring license from a broken laptop

1. Installing Windows 10 on a new PC and transferring license from a broken laptop - Similar Threads - Installing transferring license

2. Transferring from old broken laptop to new.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring from old broken laptop to new.: My old laptop no longer boots. The cursor shows up and moves around, but nothing else happens. What is the best way to get files off of the old hard drive? Cand I simple hook up my new laptop to my old with a USB cord and access the old drive that way?...
  3. Transferring from old broken laptop to new.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring from old broken laptop to new.: My old laptop no longer boots. The cursor shows up and moves around, but nothing else happens. What is the best way to get files off of the old hard drive? Cand I simple hook up my new laptop to my old with a USB cord and access the old drive that way?...
  4. Trying to transfer license from a broken laptop to a new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trying to transfer license from a broken laptop to a new one: Hi,a couple of days ago I purchased a new laptop and a Win 10 license. I installed the Win 10 on this laptop,but it turned out that the laptop has HW related issues, so I returned it to the store, where I got back my money.So, I bought another laptop, and I would like to use...
  5. Trying to transfer license from a broken laptop to a new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to transfer license from a broken laptop to a new one: Hi,a couple of days ago I purchased a new laptop and a Win 10 license. I installed the Win 10 on this laptop,but it turned out that the laptop has HW related issues, so I returned it to the store, where I got back my money.So, I bought another laptop, and I would like to use...
  6. Trying to transfer license from a broken laptop to a new one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Is it possible to transfer a Windows 10 license to a new PC/Laptop?

Is it possible to transfer a Windows 10 license to a new PC/Laptop?: Hi, I have Windows 10 licenses activation statuses: "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account" that were upgraded from Windows 7 and 8.1. These licenses were originally tied in to the hardware but these hardware are pretty old. So I'm...
  8. Transferring Windows 10 Pro License from broken Desktop to new Laptop

Transferring Windows 10 Pro License from broken Desktop to new Laptop: I've got a new laptop as a desktop replacement. The desktop is no longer functioning fan and other issues but I have the boot SSD which is licensed as Pro. The laptop only has Windows Home. Is there a way to recover my Pro license from the SSD? TIA!...
  9. Transferring Windows 10 License to new pc

Transferring Windows 10 License to new pc: I’ve built a new pc and wish to transfer my license for Windows 10 on my current PC to my new system. Windows 10 is currently activated by digital license via free upgrade on my current system. I don’t know my current windows product key because it is covered in my...
  10. Transferring windows license from old laptop to new laptop

Transferring windows license from old laptop to new laptop: Hi Few months back i purchased the retail license of windows 10 pro from microsoft site and install the same on my laptop. Now there is some problem with my existing laptop and need to buy a new one. Can I transfer this license from this old laptop to new laptop? If i go to...