Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 on a second computer

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 on a second computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought Windows 10 and downloaded to my laptop, now I want to download to a desktop computer in my home. What's the easiest way to do that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CherylBarton1, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Installing Windows 10 on a second computer

I bought Windows 10 and downloaded to my laptop, now I want to download to a desktop computer in my home. What's the easiest way to do that?

:)

CherylBarton1, Jan 27, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 27, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on a second computer

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 on a second computer

1. Installing Windows 10 on a second computer - Similar Threads - Installing second computer

2. Second/Original Windows 10 Installation Access?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Second/Original Windows 10 Installation Access?: So a few years ago i experienced a quite breaking experience on Windows 10. Windows was shutdown while attempting to update and got stuck in a loop where when i started it up it would go to "working with updates" then quickly rebooted- and repeat. This forced me to completely...
  3. Purchased Windows 10 to install on second hand computer but did not receive Product Key and...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchased Windows 10 to install on second hand computer but did not receive Product Key and...: Microsoft just manages to get more unhelpful and inaccessible as time goes by.I have recently purchased Windows 10 online for a second hand computer I just acquired. I received an invoice from Microsoft and was charged by for the purchase which appears in my order history....
  4. Install windows 10 on second hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install windows 10 on second hard drive: If I have a digital key on my hard drive will it let me install windows 10 to my second hard drive or back-up hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-on-second-hard-drive/6197a02d-9e44-4af8-8d96-182cd7803e86
  5. Computer hangs for a split second exactly every 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer hangs for a split second exactly every 10 seconds: I used a stopwatch and exactly every 10 seconds my pc hangs for a split second. I can't tell what would be causing it in task manager. In task manager, on the CPU graph, one core will get a spike in usage at the same time. It would be useful if I could view which cores...
  6. can a second drive with os be installed on computer using windows 10 without having...

can a second drive with os be installed on computer using windows 10 without having...: can a seond drive with os be installed on computer using windows 10 without having conflicts with each other.... I need to get files off the second drive......
  7. Windows 10 install freezing on second reboot.

Windows 10 install freezing on second reboot.: This all started with me upgrading my CPU air cooler to a AIO water cooler and some rgb case fans. Installed everything and the computer ran fine for a couple of weeks. Powered it down and moved one of the rgb case fans in the rgb hub because it wasn't lit. Then my computer...
  8. Windows 10 on a second computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 on a second computer: I just bought Windows 10 and want to know if I can also put it on my second computer. Not sure it is networked correctly or not. Thanks much https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-a-second-computer/6824fead-4718-45e4-bbe3-9f15f5fe5282"
  9. Can Windows 10 be installed on the second disk in the computer?

Can Windows 10 be installed on the second disk in the computer?: In my desktop computer (with Bios), there are two hard drives (both recognized by the Windows installer as "primary", MBR-style partition tables, 1863 GiB capacity each). No matter what I try, I cannot get the installer to install Windows 10 onto the second disk (the first...
  10. Windows second installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows second installation: Windows 10 will not boot on my computer. I have tried every fix but none of them work. I have the install disc that comes with computer, and i was wondering what would happen if installed with windows 10 already on my computer. Would it damage my computer to have two copies...