Windows 10: Installing windows 10 on a Surface Laptop 3

Discus and support Installing windows 10 on a Surface Laptop 3 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wiped out my surface laptop 3 using the Microsoft Surface Data Eraser, not knowing that it would also wipe out the windows 10. Regardless, i have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tom_1996, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Tom_1996 Win User

Installing windows 10 on a Surface Laptop 3

I wiped out my surface laptop 3 using the Microsoft Surface Data Eraser, not knowing that it would also wipe out the windows 10. Regardless, i have a windows 10 installer in two different USBs, and everytime i boot from either, the windows setup screen comes up...and that's it. I cannot click on anything, there is no cursor, the whole screen just freezes. Not sure what to do.

:)

Tom_1996, Sep 30, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Installing windows 10 on a Surface Laptop 3 :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Sep 30, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    New Surface Laptop 3 Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - June 10

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Manual download:

Brink, Sep 30, 2022
  4. Installing windows 10 on a Surface Laptop 3

Surface 3 Clean Install

Hi Everyone

I have recently upgraded my Surface 3 to Windows 10 and I wish to do a clean install, to install a fresh copy of windows without having all the old data from Windows 8.1. Would I be fine following, "How to do a clean install" tutorial via Ten Forums or would there be a different process for doing this for a Surface?

I am guessing since its basically a mini laptop I would just follow the same steps? I have made a boot-able USB for this. Also would my Surface automatically activate or should I note down the product key just in case it doesn't?

Thanks

ellellell1, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

Installing windows 10 on a Surface Laptop 3

1. Installing windows 10 on a Surface Laptop 3 - Similar Threads - Installing Surface Laptop

2. Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop 3: Yo guys I am looking for a portable triple monitor screen extender and i have a Surface laptop 3 so I am looking for advice from someone who has any knowledge on which one should i get i live in Canada and I want the best one can some one give me the top 5 options that would...
  3. Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface laptop 3: Yo guys I am looking for a portable triple monitor screen extender and i have a Surface laptop 3 so I am looking for advice from someone who has any knowledge on which one should i get i live in Canada and I want the best one can some one give me the top 5 options that would...
  4. Surface Laptop 3 stuck in install loop.

Surface Laptop 3 stuck in install loop.: My Surface Laptop 3 is stuck in a loop, trying to reset laptop, it was unable to complete Windows install, so now it just keeps asking to restart over and over, it just turns off for like 3 seconds and says to restart still. Turning it off doesn't do anything. Please help!...
  5. Surface Laptop 3 stuck in install loop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Laptop 3 stuck in install loop.: My Surface Laptop 3 is stuck in a loop, trying to reset laptop, it was unable to complete Windows install, so now it just keeps asking to restart over and over, it just turns off for like 3 seconds and says to restart still. Turning it off doesn't do anything. Please help!...
  6. Installing windows 10 on a Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing windows 10 on a Surface Laptop 3: I wiped out my surface laptop 3 using the Microsoft Surface Data Eraser, not knowing that it would also wipe out the windows 10. Regardless, i have a windows 10 installer in two different USBs, and everytime i boot from either, the windows setup screen comes up...and that's...
  7. Installing windows 10 on a Surface Laptop 3

Installing windows 10 on a Surface Laptop 3: I wiped out my surface laptop 3 using the Microsoft Surface Data Eraser, not knowing that it would also wipe out the windows 10. Regardless, i have a windows 10 installer in two different USBs, and everytime i boot from either, the windows setup screen comes up...and that's...
  8. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop 3: They say a Surface Laptop 3 battery should last about 11 hours. I know you will not get 11 hours but you should get something near that. If I am lucky I get 2 to 3 hours at the most out of mine I ordered the laptop November 3 2020 so it is still under Microsoft one year...
  9. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop 3: I bought a Surface Laptop 3 today. After setting up a laptop updated, then I can not launch any setting apps like Settings, Personalisation etc. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> ms-settings ms-settings : The term 'ms-settings' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function,...
  10. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop 3: I recently bought the Surface Laptop 3, and I was wondering how long the battery usually lasts people. I am using it for high school classes, so nothing too serious should be using up the battery. I've been using it for about 4 hours and it went down about 40% already. The...