Windows 10: Installing windows 10 on a windows 8 machine after reset

Discus and support Installing windows 10 on a windows 8 machine after reset in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a Sony Vaio machine (6 years old) that was becoming very unstable. So I did a Reset on the machine which worked fine. However, the only option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Phyl620, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Phyl620 Win User

Installing windows 10 on a windows 8 machine after reset

I have a Sony Vaio machine (6 years old) that was becoming very unstable. So I did a Reset on the machine which worked fine. However, the only option I had was to install the included image which unfortunately was a windows 8 image. The machine was running windows 10 prior to the reset. Now that the "free" period for obtaining windows 10 is long over, is it still possible to install windows 10 without having to buy a new license? Please be specific if can be done. Thanks

:)

Phyl620, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 9, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Installing windows 10 on a windows 8 machine after reset

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Installing windows 10 on a windows 8 machine after reset

1. Installing windows 10 on a windows 8 machine after reset - Similar Threads - Installing machine reset

2. Factory reset after upgrading to Windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset after upgrading to Windows 8: I believe the pc I'm using started with Windows 7 because it has a sticker on it and is now on Windows 8 pro according to what it says on the bottom right of the screen. I'm wondering if I need the Windows 7 installation media to factory reset it? I've downloaded the windows...
  3. Factory reset after upgrading to Windows 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset after upgrading to Windows 8: I believe the pc I'm using started with Windows 7 because it has a sticker on it and is now on Windows 8 pro according to what it says on the bottom right of the screen. I'm wondering if I need the Windows 7 installation media to factory reset it? I've downloaded the windows...
  4. Reseting windows 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reseting windows 8: Hello, Everyone. I need some help with resetting my pc . Well i got a MSI Ghost Pro with windows 8 and lately i've been having trouble with things on my PC most likely because i installed a dumb game cheat wich made my PC slow. So i wanted to reset it. Well the problem is...
  5. Reseting windows 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reseting windows 8: Hello, Everyone. I need some help with resetting my pc . Well i got a MSI Ghost Pro with windows 8 and lately i've been having trouble with things on my PC most likely because i installed a dumb game cheat wich made my PC slow. So i wanted to reset it. Well the problem is...
  6. Windows and Office reset after machine restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows and Office reset after machine restart: After any reboot, windows 10 seems to be factory reset. Loose background picture, mail settings, application browser defaults. How do I avoid?...
  7. cant share from a windows 8 machine to a windows 10 machine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant share from a windows 8 machine to a windows 10 machine: I have had to transfer my server at home which is only used to store media files and other required stuff to back it up from ZFS GURU back to windows 8 due to the new requirement in windows 10 with samba. but now even with the server running windows 8 i cant access the...
  8. Help with resetting Windows 8 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help with resetting Windows 8 to Windows 10: My HP All-In-One was originally Windows 8 and I upgraded it to Windows 10. After not using it for awhile, I decided to reset all the settings and system to speed it up, and now it is stuck on the hp loading screen. It says: "Windows could not complete the installation. Please...
  9. No ports after windows 8/10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No ports after windows 8/10 installation: Specs msi z97 gaming 5 board 4 x corsair vengance 8gb ram (32gb) 2 x quad core i7 processors msi gtx 970 vga 120gb samsung ssd boot drive 2 x 1tb samsung hdd Everything works fine on windows 7 (just to be clear) ive installed win 8 and 10 and afterwards i have no...
  10. Enable AHCI in Windows 8 and Windows 10 after Installation

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable AHCI in Windows 8 and Windows 10 after Installation: How to: Enable AHCI in Windows 8 and Windows 10 after Installation How to Enable AHCI in Windows 8 and Windows 10 after Installation AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) makes NCQ (Native Command Queuing) along with hot-plugging or hot swapping through SATA...