Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 on an older 2009/2010 Asus P6X58D-E motherboard?

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 on an older 2009/2010 Asus P6X58D-E motherboard? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My question is a carryover from this locked thread. Back in 2017 a user reported horrible performance with Windows 10 on this specific motherboard. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sammy888, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Sammy888 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on an older 2009/2010 Asus P6X58D-E motherboard?

My question is a carryover from this locked thread. Back in 2017 a user reported horrible performance with Windows 10 on this specific motherboard.

I would like to run Office 365 but I recall several years ago when Microsoft was offering a free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 my PC ran super slow despite have more than the minimum required specs. There was considerable and noticeable lag switching between browser tabs and applications. Obviously, this wasn't a hard drive or HDD issue where some suggest buying an SSD to improve performance.

At that time, I uninstalled Windows 10 and installed my backup image which contained Windows 7. I'm reconsidering upgrading one final time to Windows 10 hoping that Windows 10 has become more efficient and less resource heavy over the last 5-6 years and a fresh clean install might improve performance but I doubt that will be the case.

Below is the original thread and Asus does in fact now provide drivers for Windows 10 so the motherboard barely supports Windows 10 but technically, it does.

:)

Sammy888, Jan 12, 2021

2. BIOS Update for Asus P6x58D-E

Bios I bought new ram and I need to update my bios for Asus p6x58d-e.

The bios does not recognize the thumb drive.

Boston_Bobby, Jan 12, 2021
  3. BIOS Update for Asus P6x58D-E

Hi, Bobby. Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you, and I am here to work with you on this issue.

Bobby, here's the link for the BIOS/Firmware download page for the P6X58D-E motherboard:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P6X58DE/HelpD...

Any help you might need with that, please refer to Asus support page:

Official Support | ASUS Global

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Leonardo Penha Mesquita, Jan 12, 2021
  4. GARoss Win User

Is it possible to do clean Windows 10 install over an older 2009 iMac?

The iMac is an early 2009 model that does support Bootcamp for Window 7 (8?). Early 2009 iMac's cannot upgrade to the latest Sierra OS X because of hardware so it occurred to me, why not upgrade the iMac to a fresh install of Windows 10. Can this be done?

I believe the problem lies in the iMac's motherboard as Windows drivers are not installed (BIOS). Even if I install Bootcamp drivers to the MB directly, I still could not install Window 10 because 2009 iMac's will only go up to Windows 7 or 8 & I don't think Microsoft is supporting 7 anymore either so we'd be right back to where we are now.

Anyway, is it possible to do clean Windows 10 install over an older 2009 iMac?

GARoss, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Installing Windows 10 on an older 2009/2010 Asus P6X58D-E motherboard? - Similar Threads - Installing older 2009

2. windows 10 update 2009

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update 2009: i want to update my windows 10 ver 2004 into 2009 october update through windows 10 update assistant. since my mobile data is limited so i want to know the size of the update as how much data will it consume???...
  3. Is it possible to install Encarta Encyclopedia 2009 on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it possible to install Encarta Encyclopedia 2009 on Windows 10?: Hi, I got the Encarta encyclopedia at a flea market for very little money. Unfortunately there are installation problems. I have Windows 10 x64 Here is the error message [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Kann man die Encarta Enzyklopädie 2009 auf Windows 10 installieren?
  4. BIOS Update for Asus P6x58D-E

BIOS Update for Asus P6x58D-E: Bios I bought new ram and I need to update my bios for Asus p6x58d-e. The bios does not recognize the thumb drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-update-for-asus-p6x58d-e/56f33c12-5e96-48a3-9566-2aa0b29939cb
  5. Asus motherboard and folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus motherboard and folder: I have a n Asus board on a PC made for me. I was looking at some folders and found an Asus folder under program files that is almost 500 MB. Before I ramble, I would not mind deleting it if it is manuals etc. Could you help me with this please? 159644
  6. Change date on photos - older camera puts them in 2009

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change date on photos - older camera puts them in 2009: Have read several web things about this, but none of the suggestions work, or I don't understand the terms. Older Vivitar camera, will download from SD but date on file is wrong. Fix in files? Or is there a way to do 10 at once in Photos?...
  7. ASUS Motherboard specific

ASUS Motherboard specific: Hi, This forum is my go-to for many things, but this time my question is ASUS motherboard specific. Can anyone guide me to a solid forum where I might be able to ask about my ASUS board? I have 2 questions 1. In UEFI, select XMP 1 or XMP 2 if I'm using ASUS' AI Overclocking...
  8. office 2010 install in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    office 2010 install in windows 10: I recently bought a new HP Pavilion 595-p0074 w/10. It's been strange enough switching from my old Dell Studio XPS w/7 but I find some features, ahhh, a lil' hinky ta get used to. I was told that there'd be no problem installing my Office 2010 Home and Student, but not for...
  9. ASUS Motherboard compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS Motherboard compatibility: My Asus MB (M4A89GTD PRO/USB3) is about 5 years old. I have successfully upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10. However, running on Win 10 my PC frequently locks up and has to be re-booted. As a result I down-graded to Win 7 and now all is ok. ASUS does not include this board in...
  10. Is it possible to do clean Windows 10 install over an older 2009 iMac?

Is it possible to do clean Windows 10 install over an older 2009 iMac?: The iMac is an early 2009 model that does support Bootcamp for Window 7 (8?). Early 2009 iMac's cannot upgrade to the latest Sierra OS X because of hardware so it occurred to me, why not upgrade the iMac to a fresh install of Windows 10. Can this be done? I believe the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 on an asus P6X58D-E