Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 on External HDD

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 on External HDD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to install Windows 10 on an external HDD connected to my 2016 Macbook Pro. There are some Windows apps I need to run, but it's not feasible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jcljules, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Installing Windows 10 on External HDD

I'm trying to install Windows 10 on an external HDD connected to my 2016 Macbook Pro. There are some Windows apps I need to run, but it's not feasible for me to buy a separate Windows machine, and my 256GB SSD doesn't have room for a Windows partition.

I've gotten as far as creating a bootable flash drive and entering Windows setup, but it won't let me install on the external HDD (where I created an NTFS partition for Windows). Is there any way around this? I know it's not supposed to be possible, but are there workarounds? And if not, is there any earlier version of Windows that can be successfully installed on an external HDD?

submitted by /u/jcljules
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jcljules, Jan 14, 2021

2. How to install Windows 10 on external HDD

Hello,

I have an external HDD. I want to install Windows 10 Enterprise which I have purchased recently.

Please guide me, if possible step by step on how to install Windows 10 on external HDD.

Thanks,

Siddarth Hegde

SidTheGooner, Jan 14, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Installing Windows 10 on External HDD

external HDD

Hi,

Usually, this problem occur due to software incompatibility or corrupted USB drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which driver did you uninstall? Have you reinstall the driver? If yes, how did you reinstall the driver?
    • Have you check if the external HDD is visible in Device Manager?

If the issue still persists after uninstalling some games, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. If you're using the latest Windows 10 version, follow these steps on how to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices and click
      Run the troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 on External HDD

1. Installing Windows 10 on External HDD - Similar Threads - Installing External HDD

2. How can I install Windows 10 on a external hdd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I install Windows 10 on a external hdd: I'm running a Linux system and I'm looking to install Windows 10 on a external hard drive. submitted by /u/Ron_999 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gvr5m3/how_can_i_install_windows_10_on_a_external_hdd/
  3. external hdd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    external hdd: Heyo guys! i want to switch from linux to windows but i have 1 little question about my external hard drive. Will it just work fine on windows or do i need to format it first? thanks in advance! submitted by /u/gekkemat [link] [comments]...
  4. How to install Windows 10 on external HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install Windows 10 on external HDD: Hello, I have an external HDD. I want to install Windows 10 Enterprise which I have purchased recently. Please guide me, if possible step by step on how to install Windows 10 on external HDD. Thanks, Siddarth Hegde...
  5. Can not install window 10 from external HDD

Can not install window 10 from external HDD: Dear all I try in stall windows 10 from externall HDD, but my PC show the massage as the below. My PC is Lenovo Ideapad C340. What should I do?[IMG]...
  6. External HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External HDD: What would happen to the Windows 10 installation on my SSD if I connected an external HDD with Linux installed on it, whilst using Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hdd/54e8dff5-f3f2-4f6d-8365-d6c9969434cb
  7. External HDD

External HDD: Hello, I recently used the Media Creation tool to reinstall windows on my system, and the drive was set to 31.9GB instead of the original size 1TB. I fixed that issue, by extending the volume. anyway, if I format it, it doesn't show up in This PC. so I had to create a...
  8. Windows 10 on external USB HDD

Windows 10 on external USB HDD: is it possible to put windows 10 on an external USB HDD? if so, how? if not, bummer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-external-usb-hdd/9c115056-c5dc-4836-b9c8-0b604f83159a
  9. External HDD

External HDD: I have an older Seagate 1 TB external HDD, but my new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't let me open it. It shows up under my computer, but doesn't allow me access; it reads "You don't currently have permission to access this folder". When I click on "continue", it prompts...
  10. Installing Windows 10 to an external HDD for use as bootdisk

Installing Windows 10 to an external HDD for use as bootdisk: Hi, I have a problem I've been trying to solve for some weeks. I have an ASUS K95VJ with a broken screen. It was working fine and booted up Win 10 so I could use it on my TV through HDMI. Last fall, I got a new computer through insurance, as the screen on the ASUS wasn't...