Windows 10: Installing windows 10 on my new pc using window 8 pro key

Discus and support Installing windows 10 on my new pc using window 8 pro key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Very soon I will finish building a new pc, on my current pc windows 10 is a upgrade from a retail version of windows 8 pro I own and still have. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by galehardy, Mar 4, 2019.

1. galehardy Win User

Installing windows 10 on my new pc using window 8 pro key

Very soon I will finish building a new pc, on my current pc windows 10 is a upgrade from a retail version of windows 8 pro I own and still have.

My understanding is I can download installation files for windows 10 from Microsoft use them to install on my new pc and use my windows 8 key to activate it as long as it's removed from my old pc. Can anyone confirm if my assumption is correct or would I actually need to purchase a windows 10 licence?

:)

galehardy, Mar 4, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Mar 4, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Installing windows 10 on my new pc using window 8 pro key - Similar Threads - Installing using window

2. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key: I have a Windows 8 Pro product key that I purchased years ago when Windows 8 was first released.I go to the "Update & Security" tab in settings in my Windows 10 home laptop.I then select the "Activation" tab on the side panel.I then select "Change product Key".After entering...
  3. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key: I have a Windows 8 Pro product key that I purchased years ago when Windows 8 was first released.I go to the "Update & Security" tab in settings in my Windows 10 home laptop.I then select the "Activation" tab on the side panel.I then select "Change product Key".After entering...
  4. Unable to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 on the new PC own a Windows 8 with key

Windows 10 on the new PC own a Windows 8 with key: BACKGROUNDBought in it's time a Windows 8 with key directly from microsoftThen upgraded for free to Windows 10 proCurrent activation status : Windows is activated with digital License WHAT I Would likeI would like a completely clean installation of Windows 10 pro on my...
  6. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Windows 8 Pro Lisence Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Windows 8 Pro Lisence Key: Hello! I have one quick question: Is it still possible to use an old Windows 8 Pro license to upgrade my Windows 10 to professional? I saw in articles online that it was possible but when I went to activation and put in the Product Key in my email from when I bought Windows...
  7. Transferring windows 10 to a new PC using a windows 8 key

Transferring windows 10 to a new PC using a windows 8 key: So I've got windows 10 on my PC currently, which was installed using a windows 8 key then upgraded for free. I'm planning to build a new PC and wanted to know if I could uninstall windows from my current PC and install it on the new PC using the windows 8 key I purchased...
  8. Installing Windows 10 Pro on a new PC

Installing Windows 10 Pro on a new PC: Just finished building a new PC and all seemed well until I came to installing my copy of Windows 10 Pro. I’ve set the PC to boot from the USB and all is good until I get to the activation page where it states that it doesn’t recognise the Product Key. I bought it from a...
  9. Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home: Hello, I have 2 laptops, one old(1st) and other new(2nd). The 1st laptop had Windows 7 Home pre-installed which was later upgraded to Windows 8 Pro through Windows 8 Upgrade Offer. This again was upgraded to Windows 10 Home for free. The 2nd PC came with Windows 10 Home...
  10. Install Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key? (NOT 8.1)

Install Windows 10 Pro using Windows 8 Pro key? (NOT 8.1): I have a Windows 8 Pro key that came on a plastic card with the Windows 8 DVD. I am pretty sure this is an upgrade version, but I don't know for sure because I don't have the original packaging. All I have is the DVD and the plastic card that has the activation code. I am...