Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 on my old Sony Vaio

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 on my old Sony Vaio in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I have a Sony Vaio VPCEB14-EN which has a core i3 m330 and ati radeon HD 5470 graphics card, running Windows 7 Ultimate I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MayDayv7, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Installing Windows 10 on my old Sony Vaio

Hello everybody,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEB14-EN which has a core i3 m330 and ati radeon HD 5470 graphics card, running Windows 7 Ultimate

I want to install the latest version of windows 10 64-Bit on my system and want to know if this is possible and if there are any problems with the graphics driver after updating.

submitted by /u/MayDayv7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MayDayv7, Apr 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 for Sony Vaio

I have reserved Windows 10 for my Sony Vaio laptop running Windows 8.1. I understand that after 29 July it will download to my machine and I will be given the option to upgrade immediately or do so at a later date.

I have today received a notification from Sony advising me not to upgrade to Windows 10 until the drivers are ready as below

Microsoft is offering a free upgrade* to Windows 10.

• The offer applies for qualified Windows devices which are upgraded during the first year*.
    • Sony will not be providing support for all models that qualify for this upgrade.
    Get the offer details from Microsoft*.

Although Microsoft is offering the Windows 10 upgrade, it is strongly recommended that you wait to install it until the drivers & installation instructions are available for your VAIO PC.

My question is do I need to cancel my reservation for Windows 10 completely. Or do I allow it to download in the background and wait until instructed to install it by Sony?

Thanks

DavidSwindells, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Driver Updates for Sony VAIO Still Nowhere to Be Found

For my case (Sony VAIO Tap 11)... it is there in the list of models.

... but it turns out i don't need that upgrade 'driver' anyway. The special 'upgrade' mode did nothing to my machine prior to the actual upgrade, and after completing the upgrade it merely installed one single update (to Sony Control Center I believe) that can be downloaded anyway from Sony's website. Working like a charm now running on Win10 (except for a few Intel display driver problems which are not specific to VAIO the way I understand it)

seemebreakthis, Apr 17, 2020
  4. MarcieLRP Win User

Installing Windows 10 on my old Sony Vaio

Problems with new Windows 10 install on my Sony Vaio laptop

i just recently updated my Sony Vaio laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My Sony Vaio laptop is model #VPCSC41FM and is a few years old. The problem i am having is that the screen brightness continues to revert to 10% brightness even after resetting the
    brightness level in the control panel power settings. i contacted Sony about the problem and they suggested it was a driver problem and

that some drivers for Sony laptops are noy available yet and they are recommending not to download Windows 10 at this time. I would like guidance on how to revert my laptop back to Windows 7 or when a driver can be installed to resolve this issue. I don't
    know if there are any other issues since I am visually impaired and the brightness issue is a serious issue for me to continue to utilize my laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MarcieLRP, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 on my old Sony Vaio

1. Installing Windows 10 on my old Sony Vaio - Similar Threads - Installing old Sony

2. Brightness Sony Vaio Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness Sony Vaio Windows 10: Recently i installed windows 10 on my Sony Vaio SVE14A35CVH, and i have some trouble with the brightness. Fn keys for brightness won't work, they do work with the volume but not brightness. even if i change the setting from control panel to automatic nothing changes happens....
  3. Sony Vaio control center not installing on window 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sony Vaio control center not installing on window 10: Why I am unable to install the Sony Vaio Control center on the new window 10 installations on my sony Vaio machine.I even downloaded directly from the sony websites:https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/downloads/W0009201But it doesn't allow installation despite it being...
  4. Sony Vaio control center not installing on window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sony Vaio control center not installing on window 10: Why I am unable to install the Sony Vaio Control center on the new window 10 installations on my sony Vaio machine.I even downloaded directly from the sony websites:https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/downloads/W0009201But it doesn't allow installation despite it being...
  5. Sony Vaio control center not installing on window 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Installing Windows 10 on a Sony VAIO laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on a Sony VAIO laptop: I have this problem with my laptop , it doesnt want to install Windows 10 even from a Disc or USB installation , I tried booting it also but it doesnt it just goes blank then shows little dots on the screen...
  7. can't install windows 10 on a sony vaio laptop

can't install windows 10 on a sony vaio laptop: I was in the middle of restoring it to factory settings with a copy of windows 10 on it and it froze i left it going for two days hoping it would finish the install but it never did. Now i have downloaded and created both a windows 10 install disk and a windows 10 usb...
  8. Windows 10 install issues in a Sony Vaio laptop

Windows 10 install issues in a Sony Vaio laptop: Hi everyone! I decided to install Windows 10 on my 2011 Sony Vaio Laptop SVE14A1S1EB in order to have an updated OS and still with support Windows 7 is already out of support since January 2020 and in fact it was running quite slow . I decided to upgrade 4GB RAM to 8GB 2...
  9. Old Sony Vaio VPCJ114FX, No HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old Sony Vaio VPCJ114FX, No HDMI: I have an old Sony Vaio tried to connect to a TV to see a video using a cable with a adapt of a usb adapter, Windows 10 it was imposible ah I use a HVAC driver downloaded from Microsoft store. Would be any solution or I forget about it? Thanks, Jose...
  10. Safemode on Windows 10 Sony Vaio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safemode on Windows 10 Sony Vaio: Hi, I switched off my laptop which is running on windows 10 when I saw it froze. Afterwards, when I switched on... It is not loading... It keeps restarting... but keeps failing. Does anyone know how to open on safemode ? I never updated the settings on troubleshoot/safemode...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sfep driver windows 10