Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 on new computer with Windows 7

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 on new computer with Windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just purchased an HP Elitedesk 705 G1 MT. It came with Windows 7 installed but it was supposed to be upgradable to Windows 10. Since the free upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rllyon, Aug 26, 2016.

1. rllyon Win User

Installing Windows 10 on new computer with Windows 7

I just purchased an HP Elitedesk 705 G1 MT. It came with Windows 7 installed but it was supposed to be upgradable to Windows 10. Since the free upgrade period has expired I purchased a Windows 10 download from Microsoft. Last year I upgraded my old computer and I had the option to do an upgrade or a clean install of Windows 10. The download I just purchased does not give me that option. I am having problems getting the up to run. Since this is a new computer with no data on it, I would prefer to do a clean install and start from scratch. How can I do this?

:)

rllyon, Aug 26, 2016

2. Need help with reinstalling windows 7 on new computer

I just purchased a new computer and it came with windows 10 already installed. I would like to go back to windows 7 and want to know if this is a possible. Uninstalled windows 10 from new computer and installed 7 on the new computer.

LauraPerry-696, Aug 26, 2016
  3. Installing Windows 10 with USB key on new computer

Do I have to go 64bit or can I go 32bit?

AK Frachet, Aug 26, 2016
  4. Installing Windows 10 on new computer with Windows 7

You can download the latest ISO from Windows 10 boot from disk or USB, and it should give you an option for a clean install then. However just remember with a clean install it will remove all of your programs and settings.

HonorGamer, Aug 26, 2016
  5. rllyon Win User
    I put in a USB flash drive which is working, but the media creation tool says that it can't find it. Any suggestions?

rllyon, Aug 26, 2016
  6. What do you mean? Which step exactly are you trying to do? Are you wanting to install windows from the USB drive? Or use the creation tool to create the ISO and burn it to an CD/DVD later or USB?

HonorGamer, Aug 26, 2016
  7. rllyon Win User
    I am trying to put the installation media on a USB drive. I have the drive in a USB slot and I can access it from Windows explorer. However, when I select the USB option in the media creation tool, I get the message that it cannot find a USB drive. I do not have a blank DVD to burn the ISO file.

rllyon, Aug 26, 2016
  8. Installing Windows 10 on new computer with Windows 7

HonorGamer, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 on new computer with Windows 7

1. Installing Windows 10 on new computer with Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Installing computer

2. I recently installed Windows 10 64 bit..and,I have 8GB of my computer, but..there was still...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I recently installed Windows 10 64 bit..and,I have 8GB of my computer, but..there was still...: running win10 64 bit vs win10 32 bit and how much ram is required for it or be able to run without lag? submitted by /u/savant78 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1caj1w1/i_recently_installed_windows_10_64_bitandi_have/
  3. how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer: i want to install windows 11 on my old computer that crashed its a acer a5 will it be compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-a-windows-11-onto-a-flash-drive-to/9fe2d056-8501-4d39-bdf7-cf27cfcfacfa
  4. how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer: i want to install windows 11 on my old computer that crashed its a acer a5 will it be compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-a-windows-11-onto-a-flash-drive-to/9fe2d056-8501-4d39-bdf7-cf27cfcfacfa
  5. Computer failing to install update 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer failing to install update 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for...: I am assisting a friend with her computer. I am currently using that computer to type this. When I check for updates it lists "2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441" as a pending update that needs to be installed. When I attempt...
  6. Computer failing to install update 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer failing to install update 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for...: I am assisting a friend with her computer. I am currently using that computer to type this. When I check for updates it lists "2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441" as a pending update that needs to be installed. When I attempt...
  7. Computer failing to install update 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for...

8. I had a license for Windows 10 in computer that bricked, I installed Windows 11 and have it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a license for Windows 10 in computer that bricked, I installed Windows 11 and have it...: My sweet computer finally bricked and I've dual installed windows 11 on my laptop. My previous computer offered me, since I had my Windows 10 license, a free Windows 11 upgrade, but the HW specifically the CPU didn't allow for it. Today I have installed Windows 11 and have...
  9. I had a license for Windows 10 in computer that bricked, I installed Windows 11 and have it...

I had a license for Windows 10 in computer that bricked, I installed Windows 11 and have it...: My sweet computer finally bricked and I've dual installed windows 11 on my laptop. My previous computer offered me, since I had my Windows 10 license, a free Windows 11 upgrade, but the HW specifically the CPU didn't allow for it. Today I have installed Windows 11 and have...
  10. Hi there; have new HP computer. I need to install EPIC medical record. It stops me at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi there; have new HP computer. I need to install EPIC medical record. It stops me at...: Need Help installing EPIC/ ? media player ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-there-have-new-hp-computer-i-need-to-install/3ae96ea2-aeb2-41a8-815d-b9e82577046d