Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 on new self built PC, freezes immediately on blue logo

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 on new self built PC, freezes immediately on blue logo in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just built a new desktop pc myself not my first one. When trying to install windows 10 from a bootable USB drive the installation/loading freezes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Felix_239, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Felix_239 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on new self built PC, freezes immediately on blue logo

I just built a new desktop pc myself not my first one. When trying to install windows 10 from a bootable USB drive the installation/loading freezes right after starting at the blue logo.

I tried different USB drives to make sure that wasn't the problem, also I tried downloading an ISO from Microsoft as well as creating one with the tool. I used Rufus and the official Microsoft tool to create the bootable USB drive, all show the same problems.

I tried both UEFI and legacy, once it freezes at the Asus logo and once at the Microsoft Windows logo.

I tried changing a few settings in the BIOS such as fast boot, however no difference.

I did look up similar questions, however, I was not able to find a solution yet.

SPECS: https://it.pcpartpicker.com/list/NXGgJf and using an older Radeon graphics card as I am waiting for a new one to be available.

Thanks for your suggestions in advance!

:)

Felix_239, Nov 10, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 10, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Installing Windows 10 on new self built PC, freezes immediately on blue logo

Installation Hangs at Blue Windows Logo, Error Code C1900101-20017

The BIOS update suggestion posted above by @Jegler helped me, @guhanath. I was on version 1.10 and updated to 1.90. The steps I took after that were just doing the official Windows 10 upgrade procedure.

Then the Windows 10 installation went without a hitch, and I'm no longer on Windows 7. I'm going to consider this solved, thank you @Jelger for the suggestion to update the BIOS!

KingDecimator, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 on new self built PC, freezes immediately on blue logo

1. Installing Windows 10 on new self built PC, freezes immediately on blue logo - Similar Threads - Installing self built

2. Built new pc but it constantly freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built new pc but it constantly freezes: Hello,I've recently built a new pc but every so often the display freezes and I can't do anything other than force shut down the system via the power on button. I went to the sysinfo to check for crashes but I can't find any information there last event is the force shut...
  3. Built new pc but it constantly freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built new pc but it constantly freezes: Hello,I've recently built a new pc but every so often the display freezes and I can't do anything other than force shut down the system via the power on button. I went to the sysinfo to check for crashes but I can't find any information there last event is the force shut...
  4. Try to install windows 10 on self-built desktop, but it freezes at windows icon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Try to install windows 10 on self-built desktop, but it freezes at windows icon: Hello everyone, I just built a desktop and tried to install windows 10 using bootable USB, but whenever it always freezes at the windows icon screen. I tried both the media tool and Rufus to setup the bootable drive. But both of them didn't work for me. It either tells me I...
  5. New PC built: Infinity blue windows logo

in Windows 10 Support
    New PC built: Infinity blue windows logo: Hey everyone! Hope you are having a great day so far! I just built my first pc and i was super excited until an annoying issue started rising out of the dark shadows.. the infinity windows logo when trying to boot using a USB flash drive. Please refer to the discussion in...
  6. 10euro for who solves it -> New PC built: Infinity blue windows logo

in Windows 10 Support
    10euro for who solves it -> New PC built: Infinity blue windows logo: Hey everyone! Hope you are having a great day so far! I just built my first pc and i was super excited until an annoying issue started rising out of the dark shadows.. the infinity windows logo when trying to boot using a USB flash drive. Please refer to the discussion in...
  7. Installing Windows to a Self Built blank computer

Installing Windows to a Self Built blank computer: My 12 yo son has built a gaming PC. I have purched windows 10 veey cheap - i hope its legit and have been given a key. we are nor sure how to get this on a computer with no operating system. We assume to download onto UBS and then install but are stuck. please advise....
  8. Clean Re-Install Win10 Self Built PC

Clean Re-Install Win10 Self Built PC: Hi all, I built a computer from scratch in 2016 and installed Windows 10 Pro using an OEM license that I purchased at the time. For various reasons, I wanted to do a clean sweep of the computer, and I've set up a USB drive to reinstall Windows and start from scratch that...
  9. windows 10 install from usb freezes on the blue logo

windows 10 install from usb freezes on the blue logo: Hi, I bout a new computer never had an OS installed on it. I used the windows media creator to create an installer on a USB 64 bit, and after that I tried installing it on my new computer. I opened my BIOS change it so it will boot from the USB, and then "saved & exit"...
  10. Windows 10 Install Error New Self Built PC

Windows 10 Install Error New Self Built PC: Hi all, I recently put together a new PC, specs are: MOBO: ASUS Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k 6-core 3.7GHz CPU Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R RAM: 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (2x 8GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB ROG Strix PSU:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 usb freezes rog strix z390-e