Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OEM version

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OEM version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Community: I recently changed out my desktop PC's motherboard because I had accidentally damaged pins in the socket. I found the exact board... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Neal O'Connor, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Installing Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OEM version

Hello Community:

I recently changed out my desktop PC's motherboard because I had accidentally damaged pins in the socket. I found the exact board that shipped with my HP ENVY CTO. My pre-changeout O/S was Windows 10 Pro digital license upgrade from Microsoft. When I tried to re-install the digital license version, Microsoft denied activation. I learned the hard way that after a hardware change, the digital upgrade cannot be re-used nor activated on the same PC. I then purchased the Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OEM version through Amazon and the O/S is on DVD. I have not tried to install the new OEM version yet. Question: as a one-time single PC installation, can I just run the DVD setup to install this OEM version; or do I have to setup an OEM Preinstall Kit (OPK) before I run the DVD?

Thank you.

:)

Neal O'Connor, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Installing an Upgrade Version of Windows 7 64 bit over XP 32 bit

You can upgrade XP Pro 32-bit to Windows 7 Pro 32-bit(you don't need XP installed) and then do the free upgrade from Windows 7 Pro 32-bit to Windows 10 Pro 32-bit. Make sure each OS is activated before going to the next step. If you want to use the 64-bit version of 10, you can now do a refresh reinstall of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit by booting from the install DVD/USB flash drive you made with the Media Creation Tool. Make sure 10 is activated after the reinstall.

Using the 64-bit version of Windows 7 Pro should also work, but I'd do a clean install of 10 Pro 64-bit either way. It's not clear from your post what you have. Do you have both an upgrade version of Windows 7 32-bit and an OEM version of Windows 7 64-bit? If so you're better off upgrading the upgrade version of 7 to 10 because you'll be under Retail licensing for 10 rather than OEM licensing. Retail licensing will allow you to move your copy of Windows 10 to another computer. OEM is tied to the machine forever.

Guest1, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Windows 10 Pro OEM does it support both 3rd parties apps 32-bit and 64-bit?

I did not ask a question about OEM!!! I know what is OEM. Thank you.

Please... my ONE question is "Windows 10 Pro OEM does it support both 3rd parties apps 32-bit and 64-bit?"

If yes, what are the list of 3rd parties apps 32-bit (at least 20 apps to prove that it does support 32-bit excluding the 64-bit bits in Windows 10 Pro).

Guest2, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Installing Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OEM version

Windows 10 Pro OEM does it support both 3rd parties apps 32-bit and 64-bit?

I'm trying to figure out what this question even means? You want someone to post a list of 20 32bit Widows programs? Why? 64bit Windows natively supports all Windows programs whether 32 or 64 bit, it doesn't matter.

Guest3, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OEM version

1. Installing Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OEM version - Similar Threads - Installing Pro bit

2. Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.: So, for some reason, I can't install the 64-bit version of windows 10. My pc meets the requirements hp compaq 6005 sff with ram upgraded to 4gb and storage upgraded to 500gb, I know, ancient and there is no problem with the USB stick I'm using. When I try to install it, it...
  3. Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.: So, for some reason, I can't install the 64-bit version of windows 10. My pc meets the requirements hp compaq 6005 sff with ram upgraded to 4gb and storage upgraded to 500gb, I know, ancient and there is no problem with the USB stick I'm using. When I try to install it, it...
  4. Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Upgrade to Version 2004

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Upgrade to Version 2004: Checks system requirements. Everything is a go. Did the download. Got message: "We couldn't update the system reserved partition." How do I continue?...
  6. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Full Version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Full Version: I want a version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit that will stay with me not the computer, so that if I was to build a new PC to replace this one I will have an OS to install on it!...
  7. 64 bit version Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    64 bit version Windows 10: How do I find out whether I am running 64 bit OS Windows 10 in my new laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bit-version-windows-10/f7b648cb-3d95-455e-aea5-16153988b220
  8. windows 10 64 bit version

windows 10 64 bit version: since the latest updates as from 07 01 2020 the keyboards and mouse are frozen or stuck until I hit the windows key or others. have deleted one update and now held them off for a few days. it also sticks when typing...
  9. New install Windows 10 pro 64-bit

New install Windows 10 pro 64-bit: I am installing the above in a rebuilt ASUS A53E-A51 Laptop with a new Seagate FireCuda 1TB SSHD-2.5" SATA 6GB/s Flash storage device. I booted up, got the installation going for a clean install, entered my new key code, had it confirmed. I'm now at the screen: "Where do...
  10. CHKDSK WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BITS VERSION 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHKDSK WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BITS VERSION 1809: CHKDSK STOPPED WORKING ON SYSTEM DISK USING /F OR /R DID YOU SCREW THIS UP ALSO???????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-windows-10-pro-64-bits-version-1809/0570eacf-aa09-4674-9d68-2cba3e4e8491