Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 Pro on a new PC

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 Pro on a new PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just finished building a new PC and all seemed well until I came to installing my copy of Windows 10 Pro. I’ve set the PC to boot from the USB and all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by B19DaveH, Feb 9, 2020.

1. B19DaveH Win User

Installing Windows 10 Pro on a new PC

Just finished building a new PC and all seemed well until I came to installing my copy of Windows 10 Pro. I’ve set the PC to boot from the USB and all is good until I get to the activation page where it states that it doesn’t recognise the Product Key. I bought it from a local computer shop to ensure that I got a genuine copy which it seems it is all sealed etc. but now I’m unsure. I’m just wondering do Product Keys expire or is it likely I’ve been had?

:)

B19DaveH, Feb 9, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 9, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Installing Windows 10 Pro on a new PC

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 Pro on a new PC

1. Installing Windows 10 Pro on a new PC - Similar Threads - Installing Pro

2. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  3. Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Pro w/SP1 x64 won't activate after new installation due to disc drive died.: I have an old desktop computer that has had Windows 7 Pro x64 installed on it for years. I know Windows 7 is no longer supported. I use this computer for backups and data. The hardware is incompatible with newer Windows versions. The discdrive died. I've installed a new...
  4. Window 10 pro installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 pro installation: I have Dell laptop core-i7 8th generation, How to install windows 10 pro on my laptop , I try money times but I can’t .Please anyone can help with me.I downloaded about 7 windows ISO files but no one Is working on my laptop....
  5. Window 10 pro installation

Window 10 pro installation: I have Dell laptop core-i7 8th generation, How to install windows 10 pro on my laptop , I try money times but I can’t .Please anyone can help with me.I downloaded about 7 windows ISO files but no one Is working on my laptop....
  6. Window 10 pro installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem: i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-re-installed-my-operating-system-windows-8-pro/cbec03ad-b505-4798-8266-e9b8c39f485a
  8. i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem

i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem: i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-re-installed-my-operating-system-windows-8-pro/cbec03ad-b505-4798-8266-e9b8c39f485a
  9. Help Installing Windows 7 on ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Installing Windows 7 on ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED: Hello,I'm trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED and everytime I load the installer, it always seems to freeze at the 'Starting Windows' point.I'm just wondering whether anyone knows how to fix this issue? I know this is an issue with...
  10. Help Installing Windows 7 on ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED

Help Installing Windows 7 on ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED: Hello,I'm trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my ASUS Vivobook 15 Pro OLED and everytime I load the installer, it always seems to freeze at the 'Starting Windows' point.I'm just wondering whether anyone knows how to fix this issue? I know this is an issue with...