Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 - stuck on "Wait a moment" (Network stage)

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 - stuck on "Wait a moment" (Network stage) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi OK - I'm an IT guy, and have installed Windows from 3.1 to w10 on 1000s of PCs, and I'm stuck lol. Ideas welcome. Working Windows 10 PC needing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Blue Snowman, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Installing Windows 10 - stuck on "Wait a moment" (Network stage)

Hi

OK - I'm an IT guy, and have installed Windows from 3.1 to w10 on 1000s of PCs, and I'm stuck lol. Ideas welcome.

Working Windows 10 PC needing a fresh install. Booting of latest w10 ISO (x64 April 2018) - installer gets stuck at "Just a moment". Doesn't pass this screen, and after forced reboot it goes back there. Weird.

If I remove the network cable, it goes shows the "Network" screen - saying "skip for now". But, if I click "skip for now" it thinks, screen flashes and it goes back to this page. Plugging in cable and it goes to the stuck "Just a moment" screen. If I have the cable removed, and click "skip for now" 5 or 6 times on the trot, the machine reboots and a Windows message come up saying "Why did my PC restart? Theres a problem preventing us from getting your PC ready to use, but we think an update will help get things working again. Heres how to get the update. Plug it in, connect to network, then we'll get the update. So if I plug in cable, click next as told, it goes to a "Just a moment" screen! Argh.

And I can't get past it!

So it appears its insisting on connecting to the internet and downloading something which it seems it can't do. Hence the loop. But what, and wtf really! I've been able to "skip for now" on connecting to network, in fact I did a couple of times today on other machines, never been "forced" to connect to internet.

What I've tried, and what it isn't:-

• USB ISO. Tried 2x different USB drives, and redownloaded ISO. (USB drives successfully built 10+ PCs on same day)
    • UEFI/BIOS boot image/settings - tried both
    • SATA/ATA drives - tried both settings
    • BIOS (updated, no difference) and Win 10 was OK previous (though was upgraded from w7 originally)
    • BIOS settings (tried defaults, tweaking, same issues)
    • NIC (same issue if NIC disabled in BIOS and if PCIX NIC used instead)
    • Weird hardware (all USB and extra GPU removed - its back to basics - simple Mobo, CPU and RAM)
    • HDD/SSD - same issue regardless of drive used

So PC is just a Gigabyte Motherboard, nothing special.

Its got me beat so far, still working on it, but wondering whats going on!?

:)

Blue Snowman, Sep 13, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Activation Stuck on "Just a Moment"

I've seen other posts about hanging on installs, but I am not trying an install. Just got a new Lenovo X1 Carbon with Win 10 installed. Powered up and went through a few activation steps. Chose the Express installation. Now I am stuck with a screen that
    says "Just a Moment" with spinning circles. Tried to reboot, but it goes back to the same screen after booting every time. Any suggestions?

Makemeweak, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Installing Windows 10 - stuck on "Wait a moment" (Network stage)

Delta6326, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 - stuck on "Wait a moment" (Network stage)

1. Installing Windows 10 - stuck on "Wait a moment" (Network stage) - Similar Threads - Installing stuck Wait

2. Stuck at "Just A Moment" Clean Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at "Just A Moment" Clean Install: I've clean install my Win 10 Asus laptop. When the screen started for "Just A Moment" screen, there is no respond in few an hour. Anyone have a suggestion?...
  3. Stuck at "Just A Moment" Clean Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck at "Just A Moment" Clean Install: I've clean install my Win 10 Asus laptop. When the screen started for "Just A Moment" screen, there is no respond in few an hour. Anyone have a suggestion?...
  4. Hangs on network stage of install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hangs on network stage of install: After installing win 11 pro it won’t go past the network stage. I have checked all modem connections and they’re ok. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hangs-on-network-stage-of-install/b25e2994-78a4-4dac-a1ad-448aa0b40662
  5. Hangs on network stage of install

Hangs on network stage of install: After installing win 11 pro it won’t go past the network stage. I have checked all modem connections and they’re ok. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hangs-on-network-stage-of-install/b25e2994-78a4-4dac-a1ad-448aa0b40662
  6. Windows 10 clean install stuck at Just a moment.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 clean install stuck at Just a moment.: I have a an hp pavilion gaming desktop 690-0034 that is currently stuck at "just a moment" blue screen. I had perform a reinstall of windows 10 from the recovery partition but failed. After it would go through the installation it would take me to the login screen where it...
  7. Windows 10 clean install stuck at Just a moment.

Windows 10 clean install stuck at Just a moment.: I have a an hp pavilion gaming desktop 690-0034 that is currently stuck at "just a moment" blue screen. I had perform a reinstall of windows 10 from the recovery partition but failed. After it would go through the installation it would take me to the login screen where it...
  8. Windows 10 clean install stuck at Just a moment.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows 10 stuck at Just a moment...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 stuck at Just a moment...: Hi so I was clean installing windows 10 using an iso not a usb drive so after I went through 2 setups then my pc was just stuck at Just a moment.. can anyone please tell me how to fix this thank you...
  10. Windows Re installation stuck on just a moment

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Re installation stuck on just a moment: as title says then after about 10 minutes it takes me back to the start up screen where i put in my location, time, language and then repeat submitted by /u/MoldyMoldyMoldy [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 install stuck on wait a moment

2. win 10 pc stuck on please wait a moment

3. please wait a moment windows

4. windows wait a moment loop in reset network