Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 through ISO file in Windows 7

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 through ISO file in Windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am currently using Windows 7 Ultimate and I've a few questions to ask, so please try to answer- 1. I've saved the ISO of Windows 10 in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Akash, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Akash Win User

Installing Windows 10 through ISO file in Windows 7

Hello,

I am currently using Windows 7 Ultimate and I've a few questions to ask, so please try to answer-

1. I've saved the ISO of Windows 10 in cloud storage which I did web upload when Microsoft made these available. So, will it also work for the upgrade?

2. I've not updated it to Service Pack 1, so it won't work? Also, as I've not update it yet so my PC is eligible for the upgrade even after 29th July?

3. I've unstable Internet Connection, so the Internet may disconnection while-in the progress of download. So, is Media Creation Tool will be good or bad because I can't see any pause option in it, so I'm afraid that it may not contain Resume option too. So, should I use the method to download ISO file directly?

4. After installing Windows 7 SP1, there could be many updates there which will totally eat lots of data. So, can you tell me the only needed update names.

Please try to answer all the questions, thank you! *Smile

:)

Akash, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jul 29, 2015
  3. eckoh Win User
    windows 10 clean install, where to get product key

Instead of upgrading my windows 7, I opted to just download the iso file through the media creation tool and do a clean install after formatting my system partition.

My windows 7 product key doesn't work to activate windows 10. So, how do I get a windows 10 product key without having to buy one?

eckoh, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Akash Win User
    Thank you Brink for your reply!

I tried the Media Creation Tool to download it but I cancelled it. However, due to this- new problem has raised. *Sad

Actually, even after I cancelled it I found that svchost.exe is continuously taking data, even after several restarts. And when I again open the Media Creation Tool, SetupHost.exe also start taking data.

I fixed this by deleting a few files, however, the same thing again happen when I open MediaCreationTool.exe *Sad

You can see it in detail here- Media Creation Tool not working; continuosly data used by svchost.exe - Windows 10 Forums

Akash, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  7. Akash Win User
    I don't have ISO file. I had stored the Windows 10 English 32-bit ISO file in a cloud storage website, when Microsoft had made it available. I haven't downloaded it yet because even it doesn't support any download manager.

Akash, Jul 30, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You could download it from another computer if you like to use on your PC.

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  9. Akash Win User
    Yeah but can you try to tell me why do svchost.exe take too much data? SetupHosts.exe also start taking data but even it doesn't show any dialog that I could understand that it is actually downloading or not. *Sad

Akash, Jul 30, 2015
  10. Akash Win User
    Installing Windows 10 through ISO file in Windows 7 [​IMG]

You can see, SetupHost.exe as well as svchost.exe is taking data.

Akash, Jul 30, 2015
  11. Akash Win User
    I'm thinking to do a restore everything. Maybe it will solve with it. However, still can you tell me whether that ISO file will work for me or not in case I download that?

I had saved the ISO file in UDisk (of UC Browser) and the size of the file is around 2.8 GB.

Akash, Jul 30, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  13. Akash Win User

It is Media Creation Tool's setup file, I think! I've done system restore and will try whether it works or not when I recharge the data card.

By the way, thanks for helping me! *Smile

Akash, Jul 30, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Could be since you had issues with it.

It's always a pleasure to help when I'm able. *Smile

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  15. Akash Win User
    Akash, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Installing Windows 10 through ISO file in Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Installing through ISO

2. Windows 8.1 install through iso

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 install through iso: I wanted to downgrade to windows 8.1 and wantd to know if i can install it without any usb/dvdDirectly extracting the iso and running the setup file to install ? Can i clean install through that...
  3. Windows 8.1 install through iso

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8.1 install through iso: I wanted to downgrade to windows 8.1 and wantd to know if i can install it without any usb/dvdDirectly extracting the iso and running the setup file to install ? Can i clean install through that...
  4. Getting windows 7 ISO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting windows 7 ISO file: Hello everyone,I bought my pc in 2020 December month. With it was Windows 10 activated with digital license. I am interested in using windows 7. So I am just wondering whether I can download Windows 7 iso file from Microsoft. I already found ISO file of windows 7, but it was...
  5. Getting windows 7 ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting windows 7 ISO file: Hello everyone,I bought my pc in 2020 December month. With it was Windows 10 activated with digital license. I am interested in using windows 7. So I am just wondering whether I can download Windows 7 iso file from Microsoft. I already found ISO file of windows 7, but it was...
  6. Windows 7 installer with out iso

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 installer with out iso: Can i download windows 7 installer like windows 10 installer? I really need windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-installer-with-out-iso/f350be83-7f65-4659-8ce1-289cdf9a4334
  7. Windows 7 ISO file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 7 ISO file: I have Upgraded windows 10 a few months ago but It is causing problems to the computer I need to go back to windows 7 Windows 7 was my preinstalled OS. I tried to download it on the windows 7 iso image website but it doesn't work it only says "please contact your computer...
  8. Windows 7 ISO file

Windows 7 ISO file: I have Upgraded windows 10 a few months ago but It is causing problems to the computer I need to go back to windows 7. I tried to download it on the windows 7 iso image website but it doesn't work it only says "please contact your computer manufacturer" but my computer has...
  9. Updating through ISO file

Updating through ISO file: I have an ISO update created by the media creation tool. Can I use this file for both Windows 10 pro and home edition? I have a home version on my laptop and Pro edition on my PC. So Can I use the ISO for both my PC and Laptop or do I need different ones for my PC and laptop?...
  10. Unable to Install Windows 7 ISO

Unable to Install Windows 7 ISO: I have just found out that I could install Windows 7 for free as long as I had a product key for my Windows 10 computer, in which I had to search for and find a special way to get it through the registry since it wasn't in the box. I went to this website...