Windows 10: Installing Windows 10, trapped in boot loop

Discus and support Installing Windows 10, trapped in boot loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I had finally decided to update my PC from windows 7 to windows 10. All seemed well when I left windows 10 to install overnight, but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by J6nmd, Nov 14, 2019.

1. J6nmd Win User

Installing Windows 10, trapped in boot loop

Hi there,

I had finally decided to update my PC from windows 7 to windows 10. All seemed well when I left windows 10 to install overnight, but when I woke up my computer was on the ASUS EUFI BIOS Utility screen. I restarted, but was sent once again to the BIOS utility screen. I've tried force booting from both my hard drives, but no matter what I'm sent back to the BIOS utility screen.

So far I've tried:

- Long pressing power button on startup 3 times to enter recovery mode, but all that happened was a vague message telling me windows was trying to repair, then it restarted and I was back to square one

- Turning off Fast Boot and Secure Boot

- Creating a bootable USB to install windows 10 from, but when I try to do a clean install it's giving me error 0x8007000d and claiming e:\sources\install.wim is missing or corrupted (I checked the hard drive and it is there). After this error appeared I was able to enter a Troubleshoot - Advanced Options menu, but none of the options work and I seem to be missing the "reset this PC" button.

I don't know what to do.

Best,

Jen

:)

J6nmd, Nov 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Nov 14, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization, Tips and Tricks for your Windows PC

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Installing Windows 10, trapped in boot loop - Similar Threads - Installing trapped boot

2. Windows 10 Boot looping with UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Boot looping with UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP: Hi,After a recent update, I started running intoStop code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLEDWhat failed: Ntfs.sysWhich started boot looping and entering repair mode. But repair mode started a different chain of errors:Stop Code: UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAPAt one point,...
  3. Windows 10 Boot looping with UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Boot looping with UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP: Hi,After a recent update, I started running intoStop code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLEDWhat failed: Ntfs.sysWhich started boot looping and entering repair mode. But repair mode started a different chain of errors:Stop Code: UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAPAt one point,...
  4. Windows 10 Boot looping with UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Boot Loop During Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Boot Loop During Installation: I am trying to do a clean installation with a bootable USB. As soon as it starts loading and the windows logo flashes for like 2 seconds, the PC will reboot.What I have tried:- UEFI boot- Legacy boot- Different editions of Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise- Using a different hard...
  6. Windows 10 Boot Loop During Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Boot Loop During Installation: I am trying to do a clean installation with a bootable USB. As soon as it starts loading and the windows logo flashes for like 2 seconds, the PC will reboot.What I have tried:- UEFI boot- Legacy boot- Different editions of Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise- Using a different hard...
  7. Windows 10 Boot Loop During Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 Installation boot loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Installation boot loop: So I recently upgraded my win 7 desktop to win 10 because of everyone saying how unsafe win 7. I used a flash drive media tool to install and I selected custom install and deleted all partitions on my HDD for a clean windows. After finishing installing It reboots and I am...
  9. Trapped in AutoRepair / Windows Setup loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trapped in AutoRepair / Windows Setup loop: My computer crashed unexpectedly, and when it restarted it booted to the autorepair tool. None of the options in the tool work except command prompt. Reverting to a previous state gives an error, loading an image gives an error, running diagnostic gives an error. After...
  10. Windows 10 installation boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation boot loop: So I press the reset button and after it got ready it restarted but the monitors were not connecting for some reason so I for shutdown the computer and this force the boot loop. I followed the steps of another site in order to fix this issue I had which at that time was The...