Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 Using a USB Flash Drive

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 Using a USB Flash Drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Upon booting the computer from my usb flash drive which has the windows 10 20H2 ISO using Rufus, I am met with a screen which has a white line on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SevenSixtyThree, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Installing Windows 10 Using a USB Flash Drive

Upon booting the computer from my usb flash drive which has the windows 10 20H2 ISO using Rufus, I am met with a screen which has a white line on the top left corner of my screen. After blinking for a few seconds, the Windows Logo shows for a split second and then the system restarts. Even when using the media tool, I am met with the same problem. My goal is to move the OS to my SSD so that it can boot faster. Is there any possible way to fix this?

:)

SevenSixtyThree, Nov 28, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Nov 28, 2020
  3. 7.62 Win User
    Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

USB drive doesnt show up, even after a format through windows (XP)

Any suggestions?

4. puma99dk| Win User

Installing Windows 10 Using a USB Flash Drive

Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

i have been installing Windows 7 Ultimate x86 OEM from my Kingston G2 8gb usb for over 6month now, and it's formattet as NTFS but you need to active the partition on the usb flash drive to get it to boot propperly and give it the barcode that the Windows 7 disc have.

i have use this guide several times but once the usb flash drive's partition is activated you never need to do that again.

Guide: How to Install Windows 7 From USB Drive without Windows 7 iso dvd - Blogsdna.com

puma99dk|, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 Using a USB Flash Drive

1. Installing Windows 10 Using a USB Flash Drive - Similar Threads - Installing Using USB

2. Windows cant be installed on a usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cant be installed on a usb flash drive: Hi, I installed windows 10 on a hdd that I found in a random dstv decoder, I used diskpart to clean it and all, and after some struggle I got it to run windows 10 home, but when I try to update It says, "windows cant be installed on a usb flash drive", its a 512gb hdd...
  3. Windows cant be installed on a usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cant be installed on a usb flash drive: Hi, I installed windows 10 on a hdd that I found in a random dstv decoder, I used diskpart to clean it and all, and after some struggle I got it to run windows 10 home, but when I try to update It says, "windows cant be installed on a usb flash drive", its a 512gb hdd...
  4. Windows cant be installed on a usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Installing windows 10 with USB flash drive not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing windows 10 with USB flash drive not working: Just finished building my PC, I have a MSI B450 Tomahawk II Mobo. I went to install windows 10 from a flash drive, set the flash drive as boot priority, all PC parts working fine and BIOS page is fine. I boot up the PC again to install windows 10 and then THESE screens...
  6. trying to install windows 10 on usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    trying to install windows 10 on usb flash drive: so im trying to install win10 using media creation tool , but when i get to about 30% in the verifying stage, it says i dont have enough space. it cant be the usb because ive used multiple with storage all 8gb or higher. any help would be apricated, thanks! submitted by...
  7. After using the USB Flash Drive to reinstall Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    After using the USB Flash Drive to reinstall Windows 10: After I used the USB flash drive to reinstall the Windows 10, my startup disk became the disk that I choose when I use the flash drive which was D', the previous startup disk was SSD and now become E'. So how can I set the SSD as the startup disk?...
  8. using a windows usb flash drive installation as a normal usb stick

using a windows usb flash drive installation as a normal usb stick: after running the media creation tool on an empty usb flash drive can i copy additional files onto it? i would like to transfer some files using the space that is left empty from the old system i ran the media creation tool on to my new one will the installation still work...
  9. USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10?

USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10?: Good morning, Prior to beginning I am making this post to ask a few questions concerning Brinks' tutorial https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html I am using an All-In-One HP Pavilion 23-g017c (x64) AMD A6-5200 APU w/Radeon HD Graphics, running Windows 10,...
  10. Making a Windows 10 USB Install flash drive

Making a Windows 10 USB Install flash drive: Is it legal to make a Windows 10 USB install flash drive for a friend in another state? Thanks, 16378