Windows 10: Installing windows 10 with a windows 11 licence key

Discus and support Installing windows 10 with a windows 11 licence key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an old laptop which I would like to install Windows 10 onto. There's no way it will cope with Windows 11's requirements, e.g. TPM chip. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RedX111, Sep 27, 2022.

1. RedX111 Win User

Installing windows 10 with a windows 11 licence key

I have an old laptop which I would like to install Windows 10 onto. There's no way it will cope with Windows 11's requirements, e.g. TPM chip. The problem is that Windows 10 licences seem to be very scarce and hard to come by. There was a time when I could have bought a 10 licence for £5, but now they seem to go for £25+. Windows 11 licences are much cheaper at £15 each.So, can I install Windows 10 with a Windows 11 licence key? Will it be recognized? I know how to install Windows 10 from a usb or dvd, there is no need to explain how to do that.Windows 11 used to be an upgrade, but it seems to

:)

RedX111, Sep 27, 2022

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 27, 2022
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Sep 27, 2022
  4. Aquinus Win User

windows 10 key

You need to upgrade the first time around. Once you upgrade, you can use that key for a clean installation. I've done 2 clean installations with my Windows 7 key since I upgraded to 10 the first time around.

Aquinus, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Installing windows 10 with a windows 11 licence key - Similar Threads - Installing licence key

2. buy windows 11 non licences key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    buy windows 11 non licences key: Hi i have buy a windows 11 Pro, and i didn't received the licences Key. can you help methe order 8476092985 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buy-windows-11-non-licences-key/251f9419-24dc-448f-ab06-89d58ab60c1c
  3. Installing windows 10 with a windows 11 licence key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing windows 10 with a windows 11 licence key: I have an old laptop which I would like to install Windows 10 onto. There's no way it will cope with Windows 11's requirements, e.g. TPM chip. The problem is that Windows 10 licences seem to be very scarce and hard to come by. There was a time when I could have bought a 10...
  4. Installing windows 10 with a windows 11 licence key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing windows 10 with a windows 11 licence key: I have an old laptop which I would like to install Windows 10 onto. There's no way it will cope with Windows 11's requirements, e.g. TPM chip. The problem is that Windows 10 licences seem to be very scarce and hard to come by. There was a time when I could have bought a 10...
  5. windows 11 licence key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 licence key: Hello, i have some questions that i need to know.1. if i keep Windows 11 more then 30 days, is it possible to remove the licence key?2. if i keep Windows 11 less then 30 days and then remove the licence key, can it be recovered?I dont know if i asked before but Windows 11 is...
  6. windows 11 licence key

windows 11 licence key: Hello, i have some questions that i need to know.1. if i keep Windows 11 more then 30 days, is it possible to remove the licence key?2. if i keep Windows 11 less then 30 days and then remove the licence key, can it be recovered?I dont know if i asked before but Windows 11 is...
  7. Windows licence key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows licence key: Hi guys,I'm having problems activating my license on the PC. I changed motherboard and CPU, and the key that I have doesn't work because of the hardware change. can I do anything about it?...
  8. Windows licence key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows licence key: Hi guys,I'm having problems activating my license on the PC. I changed motherboard and CPU, and the key that I have doesn't work because of the hardware change. can I do anything about it?...
  9. Windows licence key

10. windows 10 pro licence key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro licence key: I had a hp elitebook with windows 8 licenced and downloaded the windows 10 pro upgrade which was free and as i understand with this it becomes a digital licence. Now that laptop has gone to pasture and i bought another laptop and used the same windows 10 which i downloaded...