Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 with existing Users folder

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 with existing Users folder in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I followed this article Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10 to relocate my Users folder on another drive. I had to reinstall Windows but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fiftoine, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Fiftoine Win User

Installing Windows 10 with existing Users folder

Hi,

I followed this article Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10 to relocate my Users folder on another drive.

I had to reinstall Windows but even if I follow the previous article to locate the Users folder, Windows creates another account without using the existing one.

How can I do to install Windows 10 and reuse the existing Users folder and accounts.

Thanks in advance

:)

Fiftoine, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Installing Windows 10 with existing Users folder

Windows installation folder

A couple of years ago, I read that Windows has a special folder that contains files used during the installation process. Also, I heard there's another folder that Windows uses as a back-up of every system file, just in case the user wants to do a system restore. Where can I find both folders and are they safe to delete?

GoFigureItOut, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 with existing Users folder

1. Installing Windows 10 with existing Users folder - Similar Threads - Installing existing Users

2. OneDrive "Protect important folders" and existing folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive "Protect important folders" and existing folders: Let's say that I have an existing "Documents" folder in OneDrive that I created manually. Then I turn on "Protect your important folders" which, as I understand, is going to move any documents I have in the default Windows "Documents" folder to a OneDrive "Documents"...
  3. Change windows 10 user folder

Change windows 10 user folder: Some days ago my system got a weird error, and it created a new empty user folder called TEMP, which is now linked to my original user. The folder for the original user is still there, but there are no other users to select from in the login screen. How can I change the user...
  4. The users folder on windows 10.

The users folder on windows 10.: Today i tried to download a game and it said there was not enough space on my SSD. So i tried to make up some space to make sure that it'll fit on my computer, until i ran into the ''problem'' that my users folder was taking up extemely much space (149GB). So i wanted to ask...
  5. User Folder DISAPPEARED Windows 10

User Folder DISAPPEARED Windows 10: It happened when I was adding a new folder to quick access. My user folder was also there. To clarify, I'm talking about the one with my username. My user folder disappeared not only from quick access and can't be re-added, but it also disappeared from the users folder. Now,...
  6. Rename user folder in windows 10

Rename user folder in windows 10: Got the BSOD and had to reload Windows 10. My email address starts with MNstrel@ so windows made my user folder MNstr. I want my user folder to be my name, David B........ My microsoft account has my full name. My user account has my full name. When I try to make a local...
  7. My user doesn't exist

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My user doesn't exist: I recently canceled A factory reset on my windows 10 computer and my user exists but it doesn't? It shows up, but not when it took me an hour to open file explorer 102295
  8. Windows users and folders.

Windows users and folders.: Hello guys. I need some help with the user account (both run as admin). I have some files in the 1st account (a folder for example) and when i change user i don't have it . The folder at the security tab is to system with full control . I don't know what's going on .If...
  9. Lost Folders - but files exist

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost Folders - but files exist: Win10x64Home build 14393.447 - upgraded a year ago from Win7 Something yesterday transposed 'Downloads' into 'Documents' in the Quick Access list of File Explorer and in the Library list shows the downloaded files in the so-called 'Documents' folder. I cannot find my...
  10. Showing folders that no longer exist.

in Windows 10 Support
    Showing folders that no longer exist.: I deleted a handful of folders a couple days ago while under Win7x64, now i've upped to Win10 it's showing those folders under pictures. obviously i can't access folders that don't exist, which also means I can't delete them, because they don't exist......but they are still...