Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 with existing Users folder

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 with existing Users folder in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I followed this article Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10 to relocate my Users folder on another drive. I had to reinstall Windows but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fiftoine, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Fiftoine Win User

Installing Windows 10 with existing Users folder

Hi,

I followed this article Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10 to relocate my Users folder on another drive.

I had to reinstall Windows but even if I follow the previous article to locate the Users folder, Windows creates another account without using the existing one.

How can I do to install Windows 10 and reuse the existing Users folder and accounts.

Thanks in advance

:)

Fiftoine, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Installing Windows 10 with existing Users folder

Windows installation folder

A couple of years ago, I read that Windows has a special folder that contains files used during the installation process. Also, I heard there's another folder that Windows uses as a back-up of every system file, just in case the user wants to do a system restore. Where can I find both folders and are they safe to delete?

GoFigureItOut, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 with existing Users folder

1. Installing Windows 10 with existing Users folder - Similar Threads - Installing existing Users

2. Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User: I used the 'restore from backup' option from control panel on my new win11 notebookusing a backup of my old win10 laptop. A seperate User folder for the data was created by default, but no actual user profile. Trying to delete the User folder results in this error: "you need...
  3. Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User: I used the 'restore from backup' option from control panel on my new win11 notebookusing a backup of my old win10 laptop. A seperate User folder for the data was created by default, but no actual user profile. Trying to delete the User folder results in this error: "you need...
  4. Cannot delete user folders for users that dont exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete user folders for users that dont exist: I have several folders under the USERS folder, but yet only have 2 user accounts set up. I have successfully been able to delete a few but some are refusing to delete saying they are in use, when they are not. The user account does not exist anymore on the PC and when I try...
  5. Switching an existing user in a Windows 10 PC to a local user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching an existing user in a Windows 10 PC to a local user: Hi, A long time ago my brother logged into my mom's laptop with his Xbox account. The account is now logged into the user as a Microsoft account. I tried to find a way to log out of the account and switch the already existing user into a local user, but no success. -I...
  6. HELP: Moving just 1 user profile folder (existing installation)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    HELP: Moving just 1 user profile folder (existing installation): Howdy folks, New here. I read the article on moving the users folder during setup. Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10 But is it possible to move a SINGLE user profile folder to another drive using symbolic links? for an EXISTING installation (not during setup). would...
  7. Map ODB to existing user folders

Map ODB to existing user folders: ODB sets up its own folder under User. In my ODB I have set up the folder names for the usual folders that are under the User - Documents, Download, Pictures, etc. That's where I keep my data, mirrored in the cloud. It means the usual folders under User are empty. It looks...
  8. With clean 10 install, how to use existing user profile data?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    With clean 10 install, how to use existing user profile data?: Hi all, I've upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but I wasn't able to do an upgrade in place (Windows Update kept failing in the midde of the install) or keep my old Windows 7 partition on the same disk (the install USB kept failing to create a Windows 10 partition) so I...
  9. Windows 10 - User folder

Windows 10 - User folder: Hello, I would like to ask if it's safe to rename the user folder as there is no option to rename. Some videos may be dangerous then if I trust and it may not be safety. So, I would prefer asking you. So, like this "c:\Users\ptrav" and I want to rename it as Peterboy....
  10. The users folder on windows 10.

The users folder on windows 10.: Today i tried to download a game and it said there was not enough space on my SSD. So i tried to make up some space to make sure that it'll fit on my computer, until i ran into the ''problem'' that my users folder was taking up extemely much space (149GB). So i wanted to ask...