Windows 10: installing windows 10 with multiple hard drives installed

Discus and support installing windows 10 with multiple hard drives installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am going to do a fresh install windows of Win 10 on my computer which was running Win 7. I have 3 hard drives installed. Windows will be installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by aquaplus, Nov 13, 2019.

1. aquaplus Win User

installing windows 10 with multiple hard drives installed

I am going to do a fresh install windows of Win 10 on my computer which was running Win 7. I have 3 hard drives installed. Windows will be installed on my c Drive and my D and E drive have a lot of saved graphics on them. Will Windows only install itself on the C drive or will it install itself across all 3 drives? I know once I reinstalled Win 7 and it put files on my C drive as well as my D drive. Do I have to disconnect the D and E drives?

Thanks in advance.

SC

:)

aquaplus, Nov 13, 2019
  2. little cat, Nov 13, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 13, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

Installing windows from usb hard drive

I know you can do that, but what about having different windows installers on each partition? I think that's what the OP needs.

erocker, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

1. installing windows 10 with multiple hard drives installed - Similar Threads - installing multiple hard

2. Installing Windows 10 on new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on new hard drive: I am replacing a failed hard drive in a Dell Inspiron desktop with Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16.0 GB installed memory. Windows seems to have installed but on reboot I get memory "memory management" blue screen and it keeps rebooting with same message. The Dell...
  3. Hard drive not installed?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive not installed?: Hey everyone! I recently got a new drawing tablet and my laptop started having problems. I thought it was because I had too many apps so I deleted some. But the same problem persisted and the laptop would simply crash. I even factory reset the laptop thinking everything would...
  4. Hard Drive not installed

Hard Drive not installed: Hi there,Yesterday I was just resetting my Dell Laptop, there it showed a message that Reset Failed, then I went out of the Reset Screen and when I restarted my PC , it showed a message stating that Hard Drive not installed. Also when I tried to go to BIOS, there under Boot...
  5. Question related to custom installation of Windows 10 with multiple hard drives?

Question related to custom installation of Windows 10 with multiple hard drives?: Hi... I'm building my first PC with my son and following an online video. I have a 2TB NVMe and a 2TB SATA SSD drive. I was advised to install Windows on the NVMe drive. In the video, the windows installation tool designated the drives as 0 and 1 and it was easy to...
  6. Hard Drive - Not installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive - Not installed: My Dell inspiron 5559 which had Windows 10 is not detecting hard drive. It's stuck on showing Dell logo and nothing happens after that. I have another hard drive from old laptop which has Windows 7. But, this is not detected by the laptop. After changing the boot mode to...
  7. Installing Windows 10 on a hard drive

Installing Windows 10 on a hard drive: I had Windows 10 on my old hard drive. Over a period of time, someone suggested switching to Linux, as there were some virus problems. I did, and everything was done for less than 6 months. Suddenly, my Windows started acting crazy and crashed. I had my Linux and continued to...
  8. How do I install Windows 10 on a Laptop with Multiple Hard Drives?

How do I install Windows 10 on a Laptop with Multiple Hard Drives?: I'm doing a complete reinstall on my MSI laptop. In Linux, the internal drives are listed as sda, sdb, sdc, and sdd. I want to make sure Windows ends up on the first drive, the one Linux sees as sda. I'll be backing everything up and wiping all the drives before starting....
  9. Not sure how to install windows using multiple hard drives

Not sure how to install windows using multiple hard drives: I have several hard drives with games installed on them. If I re-install windows on my drive, I am very skeptical it's not going to start wiping those other drives. I have in the past had this happen. How can I reinstall windows on my main drive and BE SURE it's not going to...
  10. HELP! Multiple hard drives - Fresh install

HELP! Multiple hard drives - Fresh install: Fixing a friends older PC. There are two physical hard drives in the computer and I am going to completely format and reinstall Windows10 due to the 1803 failure on that machine (can't get into literally anything now). So, the PC has 2 hard drives but boots from the...