Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 without a Microsoft or Local Account

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 without a Microsoft or Local Account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed/upgraded to windows 10 for the first time. UGH!. I noticed when I was installing it got to a point asking if I wanted to install a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by steveeyes, Nov 10, 2017.

1. steveeyes Win User

Installing Windows 10 without a Microsoft or Local Account

I installed/upgraded to windows 10 for the first time. UGH!. I noticed when I was installing it got to a point asking if I wanted to install a Microsoft account for logging in. I didn't so I clicked the skip option. However, it next asked me to create a Local Account for logging in and I saw no skip option for local account.

So you are forced to either create a Microsoft or Local Login account in windows 10? Why? Wonder if I don't want to have ANY login accounts. Is there a way?

Thanks
    Stevie

:)

steveeyes, Nov 10, 2017

2. Windows 10 Pro Download from Windows Store activation questions.

If I buy the Download version of Windows 10 Pro, can it be activated if only a local account is created during installation (Without the need to switch from local account to Microsoft account and back) and will I also get a product key?

Roberto_Gomez, Nov 10, 2017
  3. Install Windows 10 without creating user account

Hello,

I need to install Windows 10 but without creating local or Microsoft account.

I only want the built in admin account without any other account, but Windows won't let me do that.

So, my question is : Is there a way to make Windows 10 install without creating any user account (except the built in admin)?

Thank you for reading the post.

Yoshi_26_02, Nov 10, 2017
  4. Installing Windows 10 without a Microsoft or Local Account

you always have a user-account, rather it's a microsoft account or a local account. if you're worried about the spying windows does there are plenty of apps out there to cut microsoft off at the knees in regards to spying.

xXWhackerXx, Nov 10, 2017
  5. steveeyes Win User
    Sorry, I have been using windows 7 so long that not sure I know what you mean. Let me ask you this:

Windows 10 forces you to create an account to log in to windows? True or False?

If False, then how to install windows 10 without creating a user account be it Microsoft or Local?

In windows 7 you didn't have to create a login account.

steveeyes, Nov 10, 2017
  6. Superfly Win User
    Yes .. how do you login to Win7 w/o an account?

Superfly, Nov 10, 2017
  7. steveeyes Win User
    You don't have to create a login account in windows 7. You turn the computer on and it goes straight to he desktop.

I wanted the same setup for windows 10 but it looks like I can't do. When I turn on the computer I have to login be it Microsoft or Local (depending on setup when installing). Or am I wrong. Is there a way to setup windows 10 so when I turn it on it goes straight to the desktop without having to login?

steveeyes, Nov 10, 2017
  8. Installing Windows 10 without a Microsoft or Local Account

that's cause 7 auto creates a user account for you, so by installing 7 you ARE creating a user account. now are referring to rebooting? if you are you should be taken right to the desktop on a local account. you can set 10 to wait till you click login on a reboot, but it is not the default behavior.

xXWhackerXx, Nov 10, 2017
  9. Helmut Win User
    Just use a Local Account, you don't even have to use a Password.
    Switch on and use it as before.

You can sign on to bits requiring an MS Account individually as before. There are some small features not available when using a Local Account that's all.

There is no forcing, just a strong suggestion from MS to use an MS Account.

Since Windows 8.1 it has become easier to use a Local Account.
    Just use a Local Account, I have been for some 4 years from Windows 8.1.

In previous versions of Windows you were creating a Local Account though it may not have been obvious.

Helmut, Nov 10, 2017
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Windows 7 requires a user account to be created during setup just as much as Windows 10 does. It was just worded differently than Windows 10 setup.

NavyLCDR, Nov 10, 2017
  11. sygnus21 Win User
    I think you're getting confused here. A Microsoft Account is one that can access a myriad of on-line services and can now be tied to Windows as a login service. The Microsoft account is only applicable to Windows 8 or 10. All other OS's (XP, 7 for example) use a local account and this account is created when you install the OS.

You are given an opportunity to personalize it (name, password). If you choose not to password it, the account is still created, you just won't be required to "login" with a password.

To see your user account you can go to C:\Users and your account will be listed there - either admin, or personalized name. The bottom line is Windows does create and use a user account.

sygnus21, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 without a Microsoft or Local Account

1. Installing Windows 10 without a Microsoft or Local Account - Similar Threads - Installing without Microsoft

2. Change from local account or local configuration without Microsoft account to Office 365...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change from local account or local configuration without Microsoft account to Office 365...: I have Windows 10 with local configuration without personal Microsoft account and, in "Access work or school", I logged in with my company's account.:My big problem is that, now, I would like to switch my local account to my work access account office 365. Is there a way to...
  3. Change from local account or local configuration without Microsoft account to Office 365...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change from local account or local configuration without Microsoft account to Office 365...: I have Windows 10 with local configuration without personal Microsoft account and, in "Access work or school", I logged in with my company's account.:My big problem is that, now, I would like to switch my local account to my work access account office 365. Is there a way to...
  4. Change from local account or local configuration without Microsoft account to Office 365...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Install Windows 10 20H2 without Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install Windows 10 20H2 without Microsoft Account: It has a self-explanatory title. So, before saying me to disconnect it from the network, I connected to the Wi-Fi without knowing that the Offline Account option was removed, and after knowing it, I restarted Windows, but it will just auto-connect to the Wi-Fi and will never...
  6. Local office install without loggin in with my Microsoft 365 account.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Local office install without loggin in with my Microsoft 365 account.: Hello everybody, I want to use my office installation without loggin in with my Microsoft 365 account, because I don't use any of the online features. Then I also no longer have to hide OneDrive and also have a better feeling in terms of data privacy. This works perfectly,...
  7. How to connect Microsoft Account without changing local account login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to connect Microsoft Account without changing local account login: Short version: How can I connect my Microsoft account to my windows account without it forcing significant account-wide changes, the most abhorrent of which is forcing a password or pin log-in? Long version: I hate the way that adding a Microsoft account hijacks my local...
  8. Windows 10 Microsoft Account replaced the local account

Windows 10 Microsoft Account replaced the local account: I've created a dummy email account for outlook but little did I know the microsoft email links to the Windows 10.Now I cannot reset my password + I don't know the password and I'm locket out of Windows 10. I've installed Windows 7 and I can access the win10 files.Is there a...
  9. Add Microsoft Account without losing Local Account?

Add Microsoft Account without losing Local Account?: I currently use a Local Account (no password) on a notebook but would also like to add my existing Microsoft Account. Is this possible without losing an option to sign in with the Local Account if necessary? 67987
  10. Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10: How to: Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 How to Add a Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 You need a user account to use Windows, and if you share a single PC with other people, each person should have their own account. Each person can...