Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 without optical drive

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 without optical drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m looking at building a new PC without a optical drive.How do I purchase and install windows 10 this way ? .Thanks in advance . submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cgb1970, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Installing Windows 10 without optical drive

I’m looking at building a new PC without a optical drive.How do I purchase and install windows 10 this way ? .Thanks in advance .

submitted by /u/cgb1970
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cgb1970, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Installing Windows 10 without optical drive [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Jul 15, 2020
  3. LemP Win User
    Optical drive letters keep swapping

Open Disk Management (click Start, type diskmgmt.msc in the Search box, and press Enter).

1. In the lower pane, right-click on your optical drive and select "Change drive letter and paths"
    2. Assign Y: to the first optical drive
    3. Repeat step 1 for the second optical drive and assign Z:

4. Anak Win User

Installing Windows 10 without optical drive

Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Thema:

Installing Windows 10 without optical drive

1. Installing Windows 10 without optical drive - Similar Threads - Installing without optical

2. optical drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  3. optical drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  4. DVD Installation with no optic drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    DVD Installation with no optic drive: Hi, I accidentally purchased the DVD version of Windows 10 for a new pc build that doesn't have an optical drive. Is it possible to use a serial number or something on this DVD to transfer over to a USB version, or do I need to return the DVD and buy a new license entirely?...
  5. Optical Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optical Drive: Hello, The optical drive on my ASUS all in one pc has stopped working. Apparently, there is a driver error. I have tried to fix/update with no success. ASUS say there is no direct fix available. I have bought an external drive, but this is also showing the same diagnostic...
  6. optical drive

optical drive: just bought a new desk top PC. manual shows that there is an optical drive eject button but I don't see it in my PC. am I equipped with optical drive or no? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive/ff81eee5-343a-42cc-b7f8-31d2e4a2b445
  7. Optical drive will not install

Optical drive will not install: Toshiba Satellite laptop. New problem in the last few days. Windows 10 version 1809. Trying to send backup data to a flash drive, I noticed that the flash drive was labeled as 'D' instead of 'E' . Went to device manager, cd/dvd drive and saw this error for device status....
  8. optical drive

optical drive: is not listed in devices and wont find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/optical-drive/0fdeeee8-96a7-42b5-801d-ed31c57d2c14
  9. VirtualBox without optical drive?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VirtualBox without optical drive?: I was just wondering if you could make a Virtual Machine without an optical drive since I have more than one Virtual Machine and not enough USB drives. So if anyone could help that would be great. 66560
  10. How To Install Windows 10 To PC with No Optical Drive??!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How To Install Windows 10 To PC with No Optical Drive??!: Hi all, I'm sure this question has been asked multiple times, but it seems this forum is active, so hopefully someone can help me! I just ordered Windows 10 off newegg.com for a custom gaming PC i'm building. I'm not sure if its coming as a CD or USB, probably a CD?...