Windows 10: Installing Windows 10 x64bit and wondering about my files..

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 x64bit and wondering about my files.. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer is currently backed up to OneDrive and I'm planning on updating from Win10 x32 to Win10 x64 Because my computer has the ability to do so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChampionMoon, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Installing Windows 10 x64bit and wondering about my files..

My computer is currently backed up to OneDrive and I'm planning on updating from Win10 x32 to Win10 x64 Because my computer has the ability to do so and I've been told I have to wipe my computer to reinstall windows.

Will my files be okay if I have them uploaded to OneDrive? How should I go about getting my files on my computer after I update? Should I also download them onto a USB? I want to be certain I don't lose the files on my computer.

:)

ChampionMoon, Nov 1, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Installing Windows 10 x64bit and wondering about my files..

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Installing Windows 10 x64bit and wondering about my files..

1. Installing Windows 10 x64bit and wondering about my files.. - Similar Threads - Installing x64bit wondering

2. Randomly got a new user temporarily and was wondering about it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Randomly got a new user temporarily and was wondering about it: When i was trying to log into my laptop i noticed another user named 'New User' on my laptop. then it disappeared after a few minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/randomly-got-a-new-user-temporarily-and-was/174c989f-75be-48df-b191-46748ae75c30
  3. Randomly got a new user temporarily and was wondering about it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Randomly got a new user temporarily and was wondering about it: When i was trying to log into my laptop i noticed another user named 'New User' on my laptop. then it disappeared after a few minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/randomly-got-a-new-user-temporarily-and-was/174c989f-75be-48df-b191-46748ae75c30
  4. Randomly got a new user temporarily and was wondering about it

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Stop Code: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL on Windows 10 x64bit 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop Code: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL on Windows 10 x64bit 20H2: I'm running Windows 10 x64but 20H2 version and I keep receiving this error while I'm using my PC. I also ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic and nothing so far. The drivers are up to date and I install windows upgrades regularly. I have collected dump files generated by the...
  6. OS Changing from x32bit to x64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OS Changing from x32bit to x64bit: I recently knew my machine is running 32 bit x64 processor and the problem of it is its operation keeps hanging when opening programs. Therefore, i was advised to change my window OS from 32 bit to 64 bi since it ia capable to run it. After that advice, i i downloaded that 64...
  7. Windows 10 x64bit clean installation

Windows 10 x64bit clean installation: Hi, Can anyone advise if there is a way of installing a fresh version of Windows 10 without losing programes, apps and files? I do not have a Windows 10 CD or ISO as I downloaded Windows 10 on the home user free upgrade from Windows 8.1 a few years ago. Many thanks,...
  8. new to windows 10 and wondering about windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    new to windows 10 and wondering about windows defender: Good evening, just got a Dell Latitude E5400 last night, it is running Windows 10 Pro, had a windows 7 laptop that decided to self destruct when trying to program a digital ham radio.... so ended up getting this one, it works great so far but since I usually use Mac computers...
  9. Wondering about Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Wondering about Windows 10: (quote from a site I was browsing) "Now all we need are some pointers on the cost for Windows 10 after the first year promotion." If Microsoft is going to make Windows 10 a 'service' and we all jump of the cliff and into Windows 10. What are we agreeing to in the long run...
  10. Wondering about SSD setup

Wondering about SSD setup: Hello everyone, I installed Windows 10 and was wondering from the past about all those "optimizations" for SSD's. Seems to me that in Windows 7 there were a lot like shutting off indexing, prefetch and super, but many more. Then in Windows 8.1 the list of things to...