Windows 10: Installing Windows 10

Discus and support Installing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I download Windows 10 to a completely blank laptop using the cd/disk?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamiHolstein, Sep 9, 2018.

1. JamiHolstein Win User

Installing Windows 10

How can I download Windows 10 to a completely blank laptop using the cd/disk?

:)

JamiHolstein, Sep 9, 2018
  2. exodusprime1337 Win User

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 9, 2018
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Installing Windows 10

1. Installing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Installing

2. C Drive Formatted and no OS installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C Drive Formatted and no OS installed: I have a problem. I accidentally formatted my C drive when I was going to install windows 10. So the condition now is I don't have any os installed. The worst thing is the C drive is formatted too. Please help. I want to install windows 10 using bootable disk but it says...
  3. Cant install game on my HDD because i dont have "directory permission"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant install game on my HDD because i dont have "directory permission": I have an SSD and an HDD in my computer. I just tried installing the new game Fallout 76 onto my HDD but it tells me I cannot do this because I don't have directory permission. I'm so confused. I am the only user on this computer. Idk what to do....
  4. Windows 10 1909 error on every install that want's to create a shortcut how to correct this?

Windows 10 1909 error on every install that want's to create a shortcut how to correct this?: The title basically says it all I thought that the error was related to one program but it turns out that anything I try to install that install a shortcut receives the 1909 error most can carry one but some can't and they report having a fatal instal error and I have no clue...
  5. October 2018 1809 Fails to install, Undoes changes at 16% progress

October 2018 1809 Fails to install, Undoes changes at 16% progress: So I've been trying to get onto 1809 from 1803, Check for Updates thinks I'm up to date though I am not, whatever. I'm using W10 Update Assistant downloaded from the October 2018 update page instead, it sees there's an new version available (1809), downloads it and installs...
  6. Activating windows 10 after hardware change - version mismatch - how to install older...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating windows 10 after hardware change - version mismatch - how to install older...: Sorry if this has been asked before, could not find it. I just finished installing new motherboard and cpu. Linked my license before that to my account. Created bootable USB from my old windows version 10.0.17134.376. Installed fresh windows from that same USB after the...
  7. Can't install Windows 10 on SSD

Can't install Windows 10 on SSD: Hello everyone! Just want to say in advance a big thank you for any advice you could give me :) So, I have an HP EliteBook Folio G2, i7, and I would like to install a SSD in legacy mode because the other modes doesn't work. I have done this n-times and I have succeeded...
  8. Re-installing and reactivating a free upgrade of Windows 10 after hardware change.

Re-installing and reactivating a free upgrade of Windows 10 after hardware change.: Hello all. I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit version 1803 that i upgraded to, for free, from Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Now my hardware is a bit long in the tooth, main board approaching ten years old, so i would like to upgrade it along with memory and possibly CPU, and a...
  9. Windows 10 Update - Failed to Install 0x8024200d, then Succesfully installed...why?

Windows 10 Update - Failed to Install 0x8024200d, then Succesfully installed...why?: Anyone else seen this odd pattern? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-failed-to-install-0x8024200d/c570277f-30db-4988-9c34-a84df20df6f5
  10. Installation of Windows 10 October Update (released today) failed!

Installation of Windows 10 October Update (released today) failed!: [IMG] So, I downloaded Windows 10 October Update ISO and started installing it. After 100%, it rebooted but to the older build (1803) with the following error. I have 60GB of free space in C:Drive. What could be the solution to this? Windows Update shows I have no updates...