Windows 10: Installing Windows 7 image on a virtual drive in Windows 10

Discus and support Installing Windows 7 image on a virtual drive in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro on a new desktop. I have created before an image of Windows 7 system on my older PC. I was wondering if I create a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by newu_873, Jan 20, 2019.

1. newu_873 Win User

Installing Windows 7 image on a virtual drive in Windows 10

Hi,

I have Windows 10 Pro on a new desktop. I have created before an image of Windows 7 system on my older PC. I was wondering if I create a virtual drive in Windows 10 (on Hard Disk), whether it's possible to restore the Windows 7 image on the virtual drive ??

***Modified title from: Restoring Windows 7 Image onto virtual drive in Windows 10***

:)

newu_873, Jan 20, 2019
  2. RoboX Win User

Windows 7 Image

Thanks...is it possible to created it from another drive, from another Windows 7?

I startup in anorher windows 7, and I wont to creat an image not of this windows and programs, but an image of the windows, data and programs installed on another drive

RoboX, Jan 20, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 20, 2019
  4. RoboX Win User

Windows 7 Image

I need to backup the windows,data,programs (A) installed in the hard disk n.1

I want to use the feature(restore windows image) of windows 7 installed in another drive (hard disk 2) , so of another windows 7 (B) started up.

So, Can i startup windows B (installed on hard disk n.2) and use the feature to create an image of windows A (located on another drive, Hard Disk n.1)?

RoboX, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Installing Windows 7 image on a virtual drive in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Installing image virtual

2. Windows 10 and Windows 7 virtual machine licensing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 and Windows 7 virtual machine licensing: Hello,I'm looking for the best way to go about getting licenses for around 4 - 5 users using VM with Windows 7 on a Windows 10 PC.We have MS365 and didn't know if I should license that way if possible or through another process.Thank you,R. Wilson...
  3. Windows 10 and Windows 7 virtual machine licensing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and Windows 7 virtual machine licensing: Hello,I'm looking for the best way to go about getting licenses for around 4 - 5 users using VM with Windows 7 on a Windows 10 PC.We have MS365 and didn't know if I should license that way if possible or through another process.Thank you,R. Wilson...
  4. Windows 10 and Windows 7 virtual machine licensing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Installing windows 10 pro in an hp virtual drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing windows 10 pro in an hp virtual drive: I have the problem that my win 19 installer doesn't accept my virtual drive is there a way that I can configure my virtual drive that windows wants to install on it? submitted by /u/DORFSCHLACHTER [link] [comments]...
  6. Where to find a minimal windows 10 installation image or virtual machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where to find a minimal windows 10 installation image or virtual machine: Hello! I hope i am on the good sub, I need to use some software (due to lockdown) but unfortunately they work only on windows. So I would like to create a virtual machine on my computer. But the only official windows virtual machine is a 20GB iso full of stuff i will never...
  7. Restoring Windows 7 Image onto virtual drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Restoring Windows 7 Image onto virtual drive in Windows 10: I have Windows 10 Pro on a new desktop. I have created before an image of Windows 7 system on my older PC. I was wondering if I create a virtual drive in Windows 10 (on Hard Disk), whether it's possible to restore the Windows 7 image on the virtual drive ?? 125591
  8. Restoring Windows 7 Image onto virtual drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring Windows 7 Image onto virtual drive in Windows 10: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro on a new desktop. I have created before an image of Windows 7 system on my older PC. I was wondering if I create a virtual drive in Windows 10 (on Hard Disk), whether it's possible to restore the Windows 7 image on the virtual drive ??...
  9. Mount Folder as Virtual Drive in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mount Folder as Virtual Drive in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10: How to: Mount Folder as Virtual Drive in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 How to Mount Folder as Virtual Drive in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 In Windows, you can mount any folder at any location as a virtual drive with a drive letter. When you mount a...
  10. Best way Imaging HDD to a Virtual Drive

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Best way Imaging HDD to a Virtual Drive: Hi, I have a Win 8.1 and I do not want to upgrade to Win 10, first concernes are about the lak of all Drivers (Sound, LAN,WLAN,BT). Before the Free Upgrade ends I thought to do a Image of my Win 8.1 Partition, upgrade it and see how it goes. Now, my HDD is 1TB, there are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installing a windows 7 image on 10

2. how to install win 7 on virtualdrive on win 10

3. how to install a virtualdrive with windows 7 on windows 10

4. installing windows 7 on a virtual hard drive