Windows 10: Installing Windows 7 on a Windows 10 Laptop. Boot device not found.

Discus and support Installing Windows 7 on a Windows 10 Laptop. Boot device not found. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to clean install Windows 7 on my Windows 10 Laptop but every time it comes back on it loads the message. "Boot device not found." Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaleGoldenCat, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Installing Windows 7 on a Windows 10 Laptop. Boot device not found.

I am trying to clean install Windows 7 on my Windows 10 Laptop but every time it comes back on it loads the message. "Boot device not found." Please help. I am using a USB to install Windows 7. The ISO file has been burned onto the usb using AnyBurn. I also formatted and deleted all files on the usb before burning Windows 7 onto it.

:)

PaleGoldenCat, Aug 12, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 12, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    windows 10 boot problems

I had windows 10 installed on my old laptop, I also had a boot problem, but my HDD just stopped spinning and I was unable to load windows.
    It still had the Asus factory recovery partition which I used to reinstall windows 7.
    I found out that my HDD was fine in windows 7, nothing wrong with it, staying with windows 7 SP1 on this laptop and I stay with windows 8.1 on my main laptop.
    No windows 10 for me!

P4-630, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Jborg Win User

Installing Windows 7 on a Windows 10 Laptop. Boot device not found.

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for Windows

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Installing Windows 7 on a Windows 10 Laptop. Boot device not found.

1. Installing Windows 7 on a Windows 10 Laptop. Boot device not found. - Similar Threads - Installing Laptop Boot

2. Boot device not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot device not found: Hi, Yesterday I was on my laptop and then it suddenly crashed so I forced powered it off. When I tried to open it again it came up with a black screen saying: Boot device not found Please install and operating system on your hard disk. For more information, please...
  3. Windows 10 install on windows 7 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install on windows 7 laptop: I bought an hp pavilion dv6 - 1199eg. It came with no hdd. I had a wiped 320gb that I put in it. And ran the windows install tool to install windows10. Its starts to install then it says it's missing drivers. And wants me to locate them. But I dont have them. Not sure what to...
  4. No Boot Device Found

No Boot Device Found: My desktop PC running Windows 10 on an HP was doing an automatic update overnight, and I woke up to a blue screen stating that the boot device was not found. On the screen, it had the option to run a quick or a detailed check of the disk, which said no disk found and led to...
  5. Boot device not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot device not found: My computer froze. When I tried to restart a screen came up "Boot device not found. Please install operating system on your hard disk (3FO)." I have tried reinstalling windows with a media creation tool. But when I get to the part about drivers it does not list drivers....
  6. Boot device not found

Boot device not found: After having issues uninstalling apps and unsuccessfully battling a virus/malware, I decided to try a restore to original factory install of windows 10. My hp pc performed the formatting of the c drive and immediately failed to copy the system files resulting in complete...
  7. No Boot Device Found

in Windows 10 Support
    No Boot Device Found: A month or so ago I started getting "No Boot Device Found, Press any Key to reboot machine". I have a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series laptop with 256G SSD. After the message appears, I press a key to reboot then start banging on F12 until I get to what looks like a bios setup...
  8. Boot Device Not Found Please install operating system

Boot Device Not Found Please install operating system: This has been a constant issue for the last several weeks. Resetting the BIOs to factory settings is only a temporary fix. How can this problem be resolved?...
  9. help with no boot device found

in Windows 10 Support
    help with no boot device found: Have one SSD with windows 10 installed, I have already slaved it to another pc to copy data off the drive, so I know the SSD itself is not bad. However when I try to boot it, the BIOS (EFI) says no boot device found, this happens using two different motherboards which I know...
  10. Adding Windows 10 dual-boot (clean install) to a Windows 7 Laptop.

Adding Windows 10 dual-boot (clean install) to a Windows 7 Laptop.: Now that we have the ability to clean install 10 onto a pre-existing 7 machine, and then activate using the pre-existing 7 key... 1. Created a 200GB partition for 10. 2. Booted from USB 10 installer (created today, so latest version). 3. Installed 10 into said 200GB...