Windows 10: Installing Windows 7 programs/games on Windows 10

Discus and support Installing Windows 7 programs/games on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I wanted to install some programs and games, and it says that it is compatible for Windows XP/Vista/7. I was wondering if I could still run it on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Skentoto, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Installing Windows 7 programs/games on Windows 10

Hi,

I wanted to install some programs and games, and it says that it is compatible for Windows XP/Vista/7. I was wondering if I could still run it on Windows 10.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Skentoto
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Skentoto, Sep 27, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Installing Windows 7 programs/games on Windows 10

Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Installing Windows 7 programs/games on Windows 10

1. Installing Windows 7 programs/games on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Installing programs games

2. Install Windows 7 games On Windows 10 {{was: Windows 7 games}}

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Windows 7 games On Windows 10 {{was: Windows 7 games}}: How can I install Windows 7 games to Window 10. I want the Spider Solitaire games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-7-games-on-windows-10-was-windows/5e28dbea-15b7-44eb-924a-dbe44448ea81
  3. Install Windows 7 games On Windows 10 {{was: Windows 7 games}}

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Windows 7 games On Windows 10 {{was: Windows 7 games}}: How can I install Windows 7 games to Window 10. I want the Spider Solitaire games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-7-games-on-windows-10-was-windows/5e28dbea-15b7-44eb-924a-dbe44448ea81
  4. Windows 7 Games For Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Games For Windows 10: Hello So i want to download the W7 Games for W10 zip file from here Get Windows 7 games for Windows 10 But as far as i know that they only can be installed in C drive where i have the W10 installed. I don't know if they can be installed in any other drive but i don't think...
  5. Gaming on windows with many programes installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming on windows with many programes installed: Hello, does installing Microsoft office and Adobe photoshop affect FPS and gaming performance or is it a myth?. of course I don't feel the difference at all using the PC out of gaming but in gaming I don't know if there is a difference.. Should I delete those to squeeze some...
  6. How to install Windows 7 games on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to install Windows 7 games on Windows 10: There are a lot of valid reasons why someone would want to play Windows 7 games on Windows 10. In any case, installing Windows 7 games on Windows 10 is still possible and it’s a lot easier than it used to be, thanks to the work done by independent developers. For those...
  7. Windows 7 games on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 games on Windows 10: I've taken the liberty of compressing all the windows 7 default games in to one handy zip file! Download link is here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e5v31j0lfxspwu9/All_Default_Win7_Games.zip/file...
  8. Install Windows 7 games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Install Windows 7 games: How do I install Windows 7 Games on my Windows 10 PC, including Spider Solitaire? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-7-games/8303fa54-dbac-4bc0-acba-0cdcbb8a5ed3
  9. Windows 7 Games On Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Games On Windows 10: I am a retro gamer. I like games like zuma deluxe and ballance, however I am not sure how to download them, or if they are even compatable with windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-games-on-windows-10/1aa69652-9265-4bf9-a7ff-714453ee163d
  10. Windows 7 games for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 games for windows 10: Had these games installed and running prior to updating to Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for PC. Now the games will not open at all. Have tried re-install but no luck. 46057