Windows 10: Installing windows fresh to get rid of BitLocker recovery key request

Discus and support Installing windows fresh to get rid of BitLocker recovery key request in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My friend's laptop randomly activated BitLocker and the key that he has on his Microsoft account does not work for it. Would I be able to just do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SVNCBASS, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Installing windows fresh to get rid of BitLocker recovery key request

My friend's laptop randomly activated BitLocker and the key that he has on his Microsoft account does not work for it. Would I be able to just do a fresh windows install and reformat the drive to fix this? He doesn't have any important files on there so he doesn't care about everything getting wiped.

submitted by /u/SVNCBASS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SVNCBASS, Nov 30, 2019

2. BitLocker Recovery Key request

Have found my BitLocker Recovery Key and input. All good. Turn off Surface Pro3 and then turn on again and the request for the BitLocker Recovery Key comes up again? Why does this continue to come up?

HarrySpacie, Nov 30, 2019
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Installing windows fresh to get rid of BitLocker recovery key request

Xylee Del, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Installing windows fresh to get rid of BitLocker recovery key request

1. Installing windows fresh to get rid of BitLocker recovery key request - Similar Threads - Installing fresh rid

2. URGENT HELP REQUESTED - BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URGENT HELP REQUESTED - BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY: I have an HP Pavilion dv7 running Win 10 Pro. This weekend during a storm the computer died and will not restart. I took it to a local shop where of course they asked for the Bitlocker recovery key. My MS Acct shows that MS cannot locate the device and the 'Manage recovery...
  3. URGENT HELP REQUESTED - BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URGENT HELP REQUESTED - BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY: I have an HP Pavilion dv7 running Win 10 Pro. This weekend during a storm the computer died and will not restart. I took it to a local shop where of course they asked for the Bitlocker recovery key. My MS Acct shows that MS cannot locate the device and the 'Manage recovery...
  4. URGENT HELP REQUESTED - BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to get bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get bitlocker recovery key: Hi, morning.I can't log in to the laptop as it requested for a recovery key.May i know how should i proceed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-bitlocker-recovery-key/c72191dc-3be1-4d9b-93d6-6064cf689ff8
  6. Request For Recovery Key

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Request For Recovery Key: To the person-in-charge, My colleague had changed his laptop login password and for some reason, the password was not able to login successfully and it was being locked out. Was wondering if someone can contact me for the recovery key to start the laptop again. My...
  7. get bitlocker recovery key

get bitlocker recovery key: Lenovo YOGA 920 with BIOS update and bitlocker screen, need recovery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-bitlocker-recovery-key/2e6936e2-fa5f-4b50-b886-fd6a68a4c2f1
  8. Bitlocker recovery Key Always Requested on Startup

Bitlocker recovery Key Always Requested on Startup: I am always asked for my bitlocker recovery key when my Win 10 PC boots. I do knpw my recovery code and when I enter it, the boot continues normally. I would like to eliminate the need to enter my recovery code every time, so please tell me how to eliminate it....
  9. get bitlocker recovery key

get bitlocker recovery key: get bit locker recovery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-bitlocker-recovery-key/5f5d7ffe-e3c2-4c8f-a478-569d917cecdb
  10. Bitlocker recovery key /way out to get recovery's key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker recovery key /way out to get recovery's key: I have dell inspiron, i had replaced Motherboard with new one, but after replaced, window started asking for bitlocker recovery key , i havnot set bitlocker im my device. I have tried Microsoft account, key is not there, Is there any way to get this or i have some important...