Windows 10: Installing Windows from Asus Uefi Bios Uility

Discus and support Installing Windows from Asus Uefi Bios Uility in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried to reinstall the windows because of used memory and I didnt installed it from the ISO file or Media Creatin Tool. I reinstalled it from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AndreiChiosea, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Installing Windows from Asus Uefi Bios Uility

I tried to reinstall the windows because of used memory and I didnt installed it from the ISO file or Media Creatin Tool. I reinstalled it from the settings. After cleaning the disk i turned on my pc and the "Your device ran into a problem" appeared. I entered Bios menu and it was Asus Uefi Utility. Im not familiar with this bios and i dont know how to install windows from a usb drive with that. Pls help

submitted by /u/AndreiChiosea
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AndreiChiosea, Jan 17, 2021

2. Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

As the title says, I'm trying to install Windows on a RAID array in uefi on my Maximus V Formula. When using legacy ROM I can install just fine but I go into CSM and change settings to UEFI only, I can build the array in the UEFI Raid driver (IRST tab in "BIOS") but the array does not show up in the boot menu and when I try to install windows (boot from UEFI DVD drive), The drive does not show up in the Windows install. The next thing I tried was to enable UEFI and legacy oprom in CSM, boot from UEFI DVD drive and install to the RAID array (probably detected by legacy oprom) and it will install. After first reboot, Windows Boot manager will show up as an option in the BIOS boot menu so I set that as first boot device and reboot. I will get to the starting windows screen and then BSOD (too quick to get codes) The last thing I tried was Changing to legacy mode and installing windows to a different drive. once installed, I initialized the Raid array as GPT and rebooted, changed csm back to UEFI only but they RAID array still doesn't show in the boot device list so I repeated the earlier process hoping that It might work because I had initialized as GPT but it still BSODs on starting windows screen. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

mystiksinner, Jan 17, 2021
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

I think you were on track with your first try. Windows installer probably needs the RAID driver in order to detect it on install.

Installing Windows from Asus Uefi Bios Uility [​IMG]

FX-GMC, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Aquinus Win User

Installing Windows from Asus Uefi Bios Uility

Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

You might have been doing it wrong, but I can't say for certain.

Have you come across this article on ASUS' ROG forum for installing to a RAID device under UEFI?

Aquinus, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Installing Windows from Asus Uefi Bios Uility

1. Installing Windows from Asus Uefi Bios Uility - Similar Threads - Installing Asus Uefi

2. Stuck on ASUS UEFI BIOS UTILITY - EZ MODE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on ASUS UEFI BIOS UTILITY - EZ MODE: Whenever i restart or boot up my computer it just brings me here everytime and ive been stuck on this for days researching on how to fix this. I basically tried every boot option availabe, and still nothing. I Tried updating my ez flash 3 utility, nothing. I would really...
  3. Stuck on ASUS UEFI BIOS UTILITY - EZ MODE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on ASUS UEFI BIOS UTILITY - EZ MODE: Whenever i restart or boot up my computer it just brings me here everytime and ive been stuck on this for days researching on how to fix this. I basically tried every boot option availabe, and still nothing. I Tried updating my ez flash 3 utility, nothing. I would really...
  4. Stuck on ASUS UEFI BIOS UTILITY - EZ MODE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. UEFI settings. I change Bios from Legacy & UEFI to UEFI only but it reboots back to bios...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI settings. I change Bios from Legacy & UEFI to UEFI only but it reboots back to bios...: As shown above the Bios does not want to take the change. I also did UEFI on all the rest like network etc but again Bios did not take the change so everything back to legacy and all works fine. But I need to change to UEFI to get Win 11. I changed to TMP with no problems...
  6. Changing from LEGACY BIOS to UEFI BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing from LEGACY BIOS to UEFI BIOS: Hello,First time posting here. I want to change from LEGACY to UEFI, I'm thinking:Will the computer be able to boot?I use it regularly, and I hope it works after this changover!I am not a computer geek. But I do know how to get into BIOS.Thanks...
  7. Install Windows 10 From ASUS BIOS Utility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 From ASUS BIOS Utility: I got an error message that no Bootable Device Detected but my Hard Drive is Detected as Storage How to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows-10-from-asus-bios-utility/550a0afb-533e-40c1-964c-39551ced6511
  8. Restore windows from a bios installation in a uefi installation

Restore windows from a bios installation in a uefi installation: Hi, I have an MSI Laptop with windows 10 installed in dual boot with ubuntu. I want to switch to UEFI can I make a system backup image on an external hdd and install this in UEFI mode?...
  9. Win10_Pro_15031 won't boot with "UEFI" selected in Asus Bios

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10_Pro_15031 won't boot with "UEFI" selected in Asus Bios: I have a home built desktop with an Asus Maximus V Gene mob with a Intel 3570k CPU running UEFI on Win 10 Pro 15031 preview. All updates have been applied and I have the latest BIOS from Asus. I have 3 SSD's, each with a separate OS: (1) Win 7 HP 64 bit (2) Win 10 Pro...
  10. Windows 10 installation from DVD in UEFI BIOS mode

Windows 10 installation from DVD in UEFI BIOS mode: Hello, I bought new laptop (HP 250 G5) few days ago and it came without system on it so I tried to install Windows 10 from bootable DVD. I have both UEFI and Legacy modes enabled in BIOS. When I try to boot from my Interna CD/DVD ROM Drive i just get some yellow screen...