Windows 10: Installing Windows Live Mail on Win10 Laptop

Discus and support Installing Windows Live Mail on Win10 Laptop in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello all Here we go again - Win 10 Nooby Q's - Now... not sure if I'm wording this correctly, my Desktop has Win 7 OS and my Laptop Win 10 - - Win... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by stubtoe, Feb 3, 2016.

1. stubtoe Win User

Installing Windows Live Mail on Win10 Laptop

Hello all

Here we go again - Win 10 Nooby Q's - Now... not sure if I'm wording this correctly, my Desktop has Win 7 OS and my Laptop Win 10 - - Win 7 I do like, Win 10 I'm on a leaning curve. The one thing I do like about Win 7 is Windows Live Mail and uses PoP3 Client ( if that is that the correct term ) which enables me to read my Sky/SkyYahoo emails in the format I'm used to.

So my question is can I setup this PoP3 thingy my on Win 10 Laptop without too much agro.

I purchased me HP Win 10 Laptop from PC World and have had good backup, initially I was hesitant cos of Win 10 what with the problems associated with it - perceived or otherwise - my son is a bit of a computer geek and he seemed to agree. So what persuaded me was I liked the Laptop, £200 off - good graphics for my model aircraft simulators and also a challenge to get me head around a new operating system that hopefully will come good in the end. Kinda getting used to the layout now - BUT - do not like the email format, so would someone please help with the changeover to Windows Live Mail - wudentyer think Microsoft could/would make things a One Button push Plug and Play changeover...Joe

:)

stubtoe, Feb 3, 2016

2. Windows Live Mail not working after 3 Updates installed 9th - 10th February 2016

This morning 10 Feb, I installed the 3 Updates showing as Available (KB3135782; KB890830; KB3135173). At first all appeared to be okay, until I tried to open Windows Live Mail! It will not open at all. It seems that every time there are Updates to install
    on Windows 10 something stops working. (on a new HP laptop - bought with Win10 installed) This is really annoying.

Can anyone please help me to solve the problem. I much prefer Windows Live Mail to the new Win10 Mail App - which I do not like at all.

Thanks

Sceptic_Win10, Feb 3, 2016
  3. Windows Live Mail 2012; Saved documents missing within the folders

*Original Title: Windows Live Mail 2012

Ok I use Windows live mail 2012 on a desk top and the new mail app on a laptop. Both running win10. On my laptop I sync the folders but when I open them none of my saved documents are in the folders, such as car or house insurance or emails I don't want
    deleted. How do I get these on the new mail app?

Creativespeaker, Feb 3, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

Kyhi, Feb 3, 2016
  5. Yes you can install Live mail in Windows 10. When you created the account you'll have to enter a mail server (ex mail-server.cfl.rr.com) which is my internet mail server address. That is the server that Roadrunner of Central florida uses and this is where you in comming email is stored. Then you have to setup you SMTP server information. I would check with you internet provider which will give you the proper settings. You will get questions of ports and if you need to login to the SMTP server. Your provider will supply that info. You need that info no matter what email client you use.

orlbuckeye, Feb 3, 2016
  6. Phone Man Win User
    In WLM 2012 you can setup a new account by just entering the e-mail address and password. If you have a problem you can also check the box at the bottom to do it manually.

Installing Windows Live Mail on Win10 Laptop [​IMG]

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Installing Windows Live Mail on Win10 Laptop - Similar Threads - Installing Live Mail

2. Installing Google 3 on Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installing Google 3 on Windows Live Mail: I am trying to install Google 3 on my Windows Live Mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-google-3-on-windows-live-mail/df939918-9f9a-4d24-b989-5fb4de23b6fc
  3. windows live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows live mail: I cannot send or receive e-mail from my windows live mail 2011. My internet provider is sky. Sky Yahoo via e-mail apps. Sky has told me that sky.com e-mails will no longer support out of date versions of some e-mail apps and I need to update to the latest software. How do I...
  4. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Mail: Hi I have just deleted thousands of emails from my computer but today they are all starting to come back. How do I stop deleted emails from coming back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/06fd9be5-3564-49e6-b367-5c685037f4e1
  5. WINDOWS LIVE MAIL

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    WINDOWS LIVE MAIL: How can I sign in to Windows Live Mail to change the password if it won't recognize any of my usual passwords? I have no email access and over 9000 emails wailing to arrive. HELP!!!!! Greg Young...
  6. Windows Live Mail

Windows Live Mail: Trying to update my Live Mail Account. Showing old email address and want to correct it to my new address. Cannot send mail through this account on my home page. Using Windows 10....
  7. windows live mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows live mail: When I click on a link there is no response. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/b01da16f-a033-4766-b24c-752d59512bee
  8. windows live mail

windows live mail: my outgoing emails are stuck in outbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-live-mail/63c5c15c-35cb-4c55-9326-bf53a9df221c
  9. Windows Live Mail won't install

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail won't install: I get a Windows Live mail failed to install code 08007643. It says some other program is keeping it from installing, but it doesn't tell me which one. I have turned off antivirus and firewall. I have also "Run as administrator" and logged in as administrator and same thing....
  10. Windows Live Mail 2012 problem with Win10

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail 2012 problem with Win10: Recently "upgraded" to W10 from W7 (like so many apparently *Biggrin) Most of 10 works OK and my old installed programs are fine but the big problem I'm having is with Live Mail 2012 Program (is it now an app?) The program sometimes starts, sometimes not. When it starts it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows live mail for win10