Windows 10: Installing Windows Maps on government owned surface pro 6 with Windows 10

Discus and support Installing Windows Maps on government owned surface pro 6 with Windows 10 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I was recently issued a surface pro 6 as part of a test group to evaluate upgrade of our desktop machines to improve mobile connectivity. Virginia... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by VAgovemployee, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Installing Windows Maps on government owned surface pro 6 with Windows 10

I was recently issued a surface pro 6 as part of a test group to evaluate upgrade of our desktop machines to improve mobile connectivity. Virginia severely limits the end user from installing software and adjusting some settings in Windows. One intended use of the surface pro is to have it function as a GPS navigator for turn-by-turn directions by downloading offline maps and other GPS enabled functions with a GPS receiver dongle. This surface pro is running Windows 10

Our surface pros did not come with the Windows Maps app installed. In the Settings Menu - Default apps - Maps is populated with a gray square and "choose a default". When clicked you get a box that says "There is no installed app for this type of file or protocol", a dead end.

I put in offical requests to have Windows Maps approved from installation on my surface pro. After securing permission I tried to create an account on the Microsoft Store with my goverment email or phone and it would not allow this. I then created an account with a personal email address, but hit a roadblock when it could not find a microsoft device linked to that account. IT has been very little help and exhausted all resources.

My questions: Is Windows Maps standard software on a new windows 10 install and did someone need to manually configure so it wouldn't appear? Why can't a microsoft store account be created with a .gov email address? How do other government agencies work around this? Is there some workaround to get Windows Maps installed on this surface pro?

Thanks!

:)

VAgovemployee, Jun 5, 2019

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

As far as I am aware there is no Windows 10 Pro version.
    But I'd be happy to be wrong.

Caring1, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Installing Windows Maps on government owned surface pro 6 with Windows 10

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Installing Windows Maps on government owned surface pro 6 with Windows 10

1. Installing Windows Maps on government owned surface pro 6 with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Installing Maps government

2. Windows 11 - Surface Pro 6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Surface Pro 6: Hii everyone, Was just wondering, when will I get the Windows 11 upgradeI am using a Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10 Home Edition.In the update section, it shows this option:...
  3. Windows 11 - Surface Pro 6

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Surface Pro 6: Hii everyone, Was just wondering, when will I get the Windows 11 upgradeI am using a Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10 Home Edition.In the update section, it shows this option:...
  4. camera stop working in surface pro 6 Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera stop working in surface pro 6 Windows 10 pro: When trying to use the camera app or skype or zoom apps the message "camera not found" appears. In the camera app the error code is "0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>" In the Properties window of the Device Manager the status is "This device can not be started. Code 10...
  5. Trying to map a network drive on my Surface Pro 6

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to map a network drive on my Surface Pro 6: We are a 2 person office with a NAS for file sharing. We have moved our base home for the time being-we were accessing files via Splashtop at the office, but we decided since this will likely be a fairly long term situation, it was much more efficient to bring the NAS home....
  6. Surface Pro 6 Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 6 Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I have a new Surface Pro 6. I purchased the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft store, but keep getting an activation error that no product code was found - and there seems to be no way to re-download, or get activation key, or anything along those lines from the...
  7. Windows 10 SHB / Surface Pro 6

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 SHB / Surface Pro 6: we are trying to install a SHB version of Windows 10 1809 on a surface Pro 6 We keeping getting Storage driver failure even after injecting the Microsoft storage driver from Microsoft website. We have injected the entire driver pack for that surface Pro 6 and still nothing....
  8. Windows 10 Pro activation on Surface Pro 6

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro activation on Surface Pro 6: I had been using a Windows 10 Pro license digitally linked to my Microsoft account on my old laptop. I recently purchased the Surface Pro 6 which has Windows 10 Home installed. Can I upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro using my old Windows 10 Pro license? I am no longer using my old...
  9. Error installing icloud for Windows on Surface Pro 6

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error installing icloud for Windows on Surface Pro 6: I have a new Surface Pro 6. It is running Windows 10 Home Version 1803 Build 17134.228. When I attempt to install icloud for Windows I get the error below. Can anyone assist or shed light on this? Thank you in advance. [ATTACH]...
  10. Surface Pro 6?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 6?: What DVD CD external unit is recommended for my new Surface Pro 6? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-6/ae634952-a688-4247-85d7-780381370a9a