Windows 10: Installing Windows, not sure which drive?

Discus and support Installing Windows, not sure which drive? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey :) I apologise in advance if I sound totally stupid. A few days ago I tried to do a factory reset on my laptop but it failed right at the end and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Leannz0r, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Leannz0r Win User

Installing Windows, not sure which drive?

Hey Installing Windows, not sure which drive? :) I apologise in advance if I sound totally stupid.

A few days ago I tried to do a factory reset on my laptop but it failed right at the end and I ended up with no os installed.
    I used another computer to put Windows 10 on a usb to use to install on my laptop.

I've booted it up but stuck straight away because I'm not sure which drive/partition I should pick to install on?
    I've read that I should pick the largest drive and also read I should pick a primary drive.
    I have a primary drive but I have an unallocated drive that is much larger, so not sure which to pick.

Here is a picture if my drive:
    20181017-024410 — imgbb.com

Could someone please guide me through this step?

Thank you

:)

Leannz0r, Oct 16, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 16, 2018
  3. little cat, Oct 16, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

cant install windows 8 on my cruciall ssd drive

Yeah, that was going to be my next suggestion. You can actually access the command prompt from inside the Windows installer, then run DiskPart and do a Clean command on the drive.

newtekie1, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Installing Windows, not sure which drive? - Similar Threads - Installing sure drive

2. Which drives to image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Which drives to image: My laptop has two M. 2 drives the C drive and D drive, I use Macrium Reflect weekly to image the C drive, which is then backed up to a second external drive, I then use Goodsync to back up the D drive to the same second external drive, should I be imaging both the C & D...
  3. Which drive to install microsoft store apps to

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Which drive to install microsoft store apps to: Hi team, I had to instal iTunes and I noticed that it opted for my main drive. I do not want to put it there. After som searchign I noticed I could move possably move the program. When I tried this I get error 0x80073d21. Why am I not asked where I want to install my...
  4. I can't find which drive is which

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't find which drive is which: So I have installed a new 1 tb NVMe hard drive onto my computer. After I installed it I cloned the information from my 1 tb samsung ssd over to my my NVMe. Before I erased all the information on my SSD I wanted to make sure everything was fine with the nvme. So I disabled...
  5. Can't change which drive apps are installed on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change which drive apps are installed on: Every time I try to change this in the settings, it gives me the error code 0x80070005, which I've gone through every thread to try and fix, and I still am getting the error. Please, someone, give me a fix....
  6. Which Data Should Go no Which Drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which Data Should Go no Which Drive?: I have a 1TB Hard Drive and a 512GB SSD. How do I make it so Windows boots up on my SSD, and what are your recommendations on what should go on my SSD, and what should go on my Hard Drive? I’m new to PC gaming, so I would appreciate all of your help. (Edit: sorry about title,...
  7. Not sure how to install windows using multiple hard drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not sure how to install windows using multiple hard drives: I have several hard drives with games installed on them. If I re-install windows on my drive, I am very skeptical it's not going to start wiping those other drives. I have in the past had this happen. How can I reinstall windows on my main drive and BE SURE it's not going to...
  8. Which Drive is Which?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which Drive is Which?: I am trying to test a drive with seatools - and anything else available, such as inbuilt disk checking - but I can't figure out which drive is which. I can right click in explorer and select properties only to get a list of all drives on the system - and always in the same...
  9. Windows 10, TV, Display adapter problems, not sure which

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, TV, Display adapter problems, not sure which: Had a wierd problem over night as when I switched on the TV this morning all had changed. I've had my PC connected to HDMI 1 for years with UHD color active and had no problems whatsoever. Last night I was playing 'The Division' on the PC using the TV as my 2nd monitor,...
  10. Which "Windows 10" to install

in Windows 10 Support
    Which "Windows 10" to install: Hello, Soon I intend to buy a new computer, I am a little confused about the operating system - which windows 10 to buy - home or pro (cost). Right now on my problematic old computer os is windows 10 pro. I use the computer at home, for internet, e-mail, some video and...