Windows 10: Installing windows on a new computer

Discus and support Installing windows on a new computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, this might be a little confusing but I am about to build a new computer from scratch. The only thing I'm keeping is my graphics card, internal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanielPendleton, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Installing windows on a new computer

Hello, this might be a little confusing but I am about to build a new computer from scratch. The only thing I'm keeping is my graphics card, internal HD and portable SSD. Windows is installed on my HD in the old computer and my goal is to install it on a fresh SSD in the new computer. However I'm not planning on installing a disk drive in the new one.

I have a licensed WinPro 8 64bit DVD which I have used a couple of times to reinstall windows clean on the current rig. I just go through the process of installing windows 8 then going into the app store to find windows 10 then upgrading it to the current version.

I have thought about building the computer and taking the disk drive and plugging it in just to install windows then removing it afterwards. I do not know if that would be easier or harder than doing the USB thing which I don't know how to do.

Please give your thoughts or insight on if you have installed windows on a desktop computer without a disk drive or with one just to remove the drive later.

:)

DanielPendleton, Dec 28, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Installing windows on a new computer

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Installing windows on a new computer

1. Installing windows on a new computer - Similar Threads - Installing computer

2. Hi there; have new HP computer. I need to install EPIC medical record. It stops me at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi there; have new HP computer. I need to install EPIC medical record. It stops me at...: Need Help installing EPIC/ ? media player ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-there-have-new-hp-computer-i-need-to-install/3ae96ea2-aeb2-41a8-815d-b9e82577046d
  3. Hi there; have new HP computer. I need to install EPIC medical record. It stops me at...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi there; have new HP computer. I need to install EPIC medical record. It stops me at...: Need Help installing EPIC/ ? media player ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-there-have-new-hp-computer-i-need-to-install/3ae96ea2-aeb2-41a8-815d-b9e82577046d
  4. Why doesn't Windows Update ask me what I want on my computer and stop installing JUNK by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't Windows Update ask me what I want on my computer and stop installing JUNK by...: When will windows stop installing GARBAGE on my computer by default and not asking me, the owner, user, operator, admin. what I want to install on my computer? So sick of Your Edge updates, copilot, cortana, etc. JUNK....
  5. Why doesn't Windows Update ask me what I want on my computer and stop installing JUNK by...

Why doesn't Windows Update ask me what I want on my computer and stop installing JUNK by...: When will windows stop installing GARBAGE on my computer by default and not asking me, the owner, user, operator, admin. what I want to install on my computer? So sick of Your Edge updates, copilot, cortana, etc. JUNK....
  6. Recently install a new Windows update, and from then, my computer crashes every hour whit...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently install a new Windows update, and from then, my computer crashes every hour whit...: This is the info in the dump file.Can anyone help me to know how to fix it?DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL d1An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at aninterrupt request level IRQL that is too high. This is usuallycaused by drivers using...
  7. Recently install a new Windows update, and from then, my computer crashes every hour whit...

Recently install a new Windows update, and from then, my computer crashes every hour whit...: This is the info in the dump file.Can anyone help me to know how to fix it?DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL d1An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at aninterrupt request level IRQL that is too high. This is usuallycaused by drivers using...
  8. Retailer stole my product key from my computer install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retailer stole my product key from my computer install: Hello,My name is Kevin. I went to Canada Computers in Vancouver. I purchased a computer to be built. I purchased all of the necessary peripherals including Windows 11. When I picked up my computer I did not notice anything strange. I turned on my computer & found that it was...
  9. Retailer stole my product key from my computer install

Retailer stole my product key from my computer install: Hello,My name is Kevin. I went to Canada Computers in Vancouver. I purchased a computer to be built. I purchased all of the necessary peripherals including Windows 11. When I picked up my computer I did not notice anything strange. I turned on my computer & found that it was...
  10. Are instruction the same for a computer with windows 7 installed?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Are instruction the same for a computer with windows 7 installed?: Are the instructions the same for downloading to a computer with Windows 7 installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-instruction-the-same-for-a-computer-with/9b250b86-f621-44a8-8a08-ab028dfd1fe5