Windows 10: Installing Windows on a Solid State Drive

Discus and support Installing Windows on a Solid State Drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, it's Annabelle. I am asking this question because I'm planning to install Windows 7 onto a solid state drive, which I'm putting into a brand new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnnabelleBaradine, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Installing Windows on a Solid State Drive

Hi, it's Annabelle. I am asking this question because I'm planning to install Windows 7 onto a solid state drive, which I'm putting into a brand new tower, and I'm wondering if you might have an answer for me. I have two Western Digital Black solid state drives which I've just recently ordered through B&H Photo And Video in New York City. One is 500 GB, and the other is 1 TB. However, since I am sight challenged, I'm not sure how to tell which one is which, as both numbers, which I think are model numbers, start with SN750. Is one hard drive thicker than the other? I'm planning to instal

:)

AnnabelleBaradine, Aug 17, 2022

2. Unable to Install Sea Of Thieves on Solid State Drive

I had Sea of Thieves installed on my harddrive, but the load times were slow so I wanted to switch it to my solid state drive. I took the following steps.

• Uninstalled Sea of Thieves
    • Navigated to the microsoft store and selected install
    • Selected C: drive (which is my ssd) as the install location
    • After completing the download I get the error: "Couldn't install. We'll retry shortly".
    I've attempted this twice with no luck. It's a large download so it takes a long time to retry, I'm hoping for an easy resolution to get this installed on my C: drive.

Thank you,

Josh

JoshuaSmith3, Aug 17, 2022
  3. BTC55 Win User
    Upgrading to a solid state drive

I am considering upgrading to a Solid State Drive.

I have two basic questions that I hope someone can help me with.

• I am running Windows 10 Professional. It was the free upgrade offered for Win 7 users. If I upgrade will I have any problems reinstalling/switching to the new SSD? Is there anything I should be aware of before upgrading?
    • I have upgraded hard drives many times over the years but this is my first Solid State upgrade. In the past I was always upgrading to a larger drive. Drive software always allowed me to clone to a larger drive. This time, I will be using a smaller SSD for
      my operating system, 250 GB. My current Sata drive is 1 Tb. How do I proceed? If I simply install the smaller SSD, how do I get windows 10 on the drive? Do I install my original Windows 7 operating system and upgrade again? Will that work again? Or is there
      a way to get the Win 10 license key and install Win 10 and use that key. If so, how do I get that key.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BTC

BTC55, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Installing Windows on a Solid State Drive

defragging solid state drive

is it true that the life of your solid state drive will be shortened by using windows built-in defragging tool?

DeanLarsen2, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

Installing Windows on a Solid State Drive

1. Installing Windows on a Solid State Drive - Similar Threads - Installing Solid State

2. Installing Windows on a Solid State Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows on a Solid State Drive: Hi, it's Annabelle. I am asking this question because I'm planning to install Windows 7 onto a solid state drive, which I'm putting into a brand new tower, and I'm wondering if you might have an answer for me. I have two Western Digital Black solid state drives which I've...
  3. Solid State Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Solid State Drive: If I make 2 partitions on an SSD and write a lot to one of them, can that one partition fail and the other not? Does it work that way? submitted by /u/FluffyAlcatel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ubw7mp/solid_state_drive/
  4. Solid State Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Solid State Drives: This is my first time without an HDD. I now have SSD. Does data on an SSD ever fragment? Am I now done with defraging my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solid-state-drives/b803253f-0d3a-43af-8484-1d460d1686d5
  5. Install windows 10 to a Solid State Drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install windows 10 to a Solid State Drive?: Is it possible to do a [clean] install of Windows 10 to a SSD that is attached via USB 3.0? I have a SeaGate OneTouch 500 GB external drive. I looked on Seagate.com but couldnt track down the exact file to download for Windows 10 installation drivers... Any help? Thx,...
  6. Windows and Solid State Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows and Solid State Drives: I'm considering getting a new computer with a SSD Wil I have any difficulty installing Windows 10 on the SSD? James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-and-solid-state-drives/99be41ad-0667-49d3-9dae-c8a52ef82fb8
  7. "Trimming" a solid-state drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Trimming" a solid-state drive: Every time I open the defrag app I read, "Never run" and "Needs optimizing." I run the optimizer and it reports "trimmed." But after a few days, it again says "Never run," etc. This is happening consistently. Any idea why--and whether it is cause for concern? Is the fact that...
  8. solid state drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    solid state drive: After replacing my HD and installing win 10. I cant see my SSD. Had win 8 before changing HD. Where do I look? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solid-state-drive/66ded83f-fb6f-4b1e-bcbb-a479c75e754d
  9. defragging solid state drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    defragging solid state drive: is it true that the life of your solid state drive will be shortened by using windows built-in defragging tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defragging-solid-state-drive/49f4347c-3a15-4d5a-a7de-233c6e53349c
  10. Installing a Solid State Drive to my laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing a Solid State Drive to my laptop.: So since I am 12 I am probably going to get a lot for Christmas. So I decided I will make my notebook laptop into a gaming PC. Before you think; Laptop.. Gaming PC? It is a beast of a laptop and it has beaten many desktops at video games, applications ect. One of the main...