Windows 10: Installing Windows on Formatted drive

Discus and support Installing Windows on Formatted drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a NVMe SSD formatted to NTFS but when I try to install windows10 on it I'm told that it has a MBR partition table. When I go to disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Robert G May, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Installing Windows on Formatted drive

Hi there, I have a NVMe SSD formatted to NTFS but when I try to install windows10 on it I'm told that it has a MBR partition table. When I go to disk management to try to convert it to a GPT disk it won't allow me to convert it. How do I fix this problem so the windows10 o/s can be installed on it. Thank you, Robert.

:)

Robert G May, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

How to format on Windows 7

just format from the installer on the windows 7 DVD. the options there when you choose which drive to install on.

i suggest partiotining the drive, i run with a 60GB C: drive, but then move my user folder to the D: partition - so that when i format/reinstall, my desktop/my docs, etc, dont get lost.

Mussels, Aug 11, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 11, 2020
  4. 1nf3rn0x Win User

Installing Windows on Formatted drive

How to format on Windows 7

150GB for OS should be fine?

1nf3rn0x, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Installing Windows on Formatted drive

1. Installing Windows on Formatted drive - Similar Threads - Installing Formatted drive

2. formatting a windows installed hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    formatting a windows installed hard drive: hello,i wanted to ask that how to format a windows installed HDD. I have removed the HDD from an old laptop and I want to wipe everything up including windows and use it as an expansion drive for my new computer. The drive has Windows 10 20h2 installed. Thanks :...
  3. formatting a windows installed hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    formatting a windows installed hard drive: hello,i wanted to ask that how to format a windows installed HDD. I have removed the HDD from an old laptop and I want to wipe everything up including windows and use it as an expansion drive for my new computer. The drive has Windows 10 20h2 installed. Thanks :...
  4. formatting a windows installed hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. format drive and install windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    format drive and install windows: Back when the user actually had ownership of their computer, we used to be able to format the hard dive completely and install windows. That's not possible with win 10. There's so much bloat wear and malware on here that this machine hardly functions. My only solution is to...
  6. format drive and install windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    format drive and install windows: Back when the user actually had ownership of their computer, we used to be able to format the hard dive completely and install windows. That's not possible with win 10. There's so much bloat wear and malware on here that this machine hardly functions. My only solution is to...
  7. Formatting Hard Drives Windows Installation?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Formatting Hard Drives Windows Installation?: Hi. I have four hard drives in my computer. On one is Windows 10 and I want to reinstall the operating system. In the Windows installation manager (when booting from the stick etc.) you can format the hard drives. The only thing is that I have to unplug my remaining 3...
  8. Re Installing Windows After C Drive Format

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re Installing Windows After C Drive Format: Hello, I would like some help. I want to to a Complete reinstalltion of windows 10, I want to whipe all my drives then do a fresh installtion. however my version is a free upgraded version from a windows 7 pro install. How do I go about formating the hard drive and...
  9. C Drive Formatted and no OS installed

C Drive Formatted and no OS installed: I have a problem. I accidentally formatted my C drive when I was going to install windows 10. So the condition now is I don't have any os installed. The worst thing is the C drive is formatted too. Please help. I want to install windows 10 using bootable disk but it says...
  10. Windows won't install on GPT formatted drive.

Windows won't install on GPT formatted drive.: This is probably a longshot, but might anyone here know why my laptop won't boot in UEFI mode? I'm trying to install windows 10 on a new SSD, but I'm getting the error message: "windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style." The...