Windows 10: Installing Windows on new Hard drive-Do I keep my license?

Discus and support Installing Windows on new Hard drive-Do I keep my license? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi My hard drive failed and I was wondering if I install a new drive and load fresh Windows, do I keep my license? At present I use a digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KevinPheiffer, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Installing Windows on new Hard drive-Do I keep my license?

Hi

My hard drive failed and I was wondering if I install a new drive and load fresh Windows, do I keep my license?

At present I use a digital license. Also I'm NOT changing the motherboard.

I have no recovery disc or anything, it would be a clean, fresh install.

Thank you.

:)

KevinPheiffer, Oct 22, 2019
  2. little cat, Oct 22, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Installing Windows on new Hard drive-Do I keep my license?

Problems installing new hard drive

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Installing Windows on new Hard drive-Do I keep my license?

1. Installing Windows on new Hard drive-Do I keep my license? - Similar Threads - Installing Hard drive

2. How do I move my Windows license over to new a hard drive?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I move my Windows license over to new a hard drive?: Hi all,I'm installing a new SSD in my computer that's going to be replacing my current one so I will be installing a new copy of Windows 10 on it, my current license key is linked to my Microsoft account.Once I sign into my account on the new Windows installation, is there...
  3. Will my new Hard drive keep the OEM license in my old laptop?

Will my new Hard drive keep the OEM license in my old laptop?: I currently have a Lenovo Legion Y530, and have replaced the hard drive once before, due to busting the old one Gamer rage. I'm currently using a 250GB hard drive and have a 4TB one on the way. I talked with the Live help earlier, and the person said the license wouldn't work...
  4. installing windows on new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing windows on new hard drive: my old hard drive got fried with a power surge. got a replacement hard drive, got a USB for installation, but it won't install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-on-new-hard-drive/29b67674-63e4-4db0-b671-4324d96b31be
  5. How do I move my Windows 10 license to a new hard drive?

How do I move my Windows 10 license to a new hard drive?: I've got a 5 year old desktop computer. Back then platter hard drives were what was used. It's given me 5 years of service, but it has become no longer reliable. Therefore, I've decided to replace it with an solid state drive SSD, which arrived yesterday. Now I'm just waiting...
  6. Reuse license to Install Windows 10 on a new hard drive

Reuse license to Install Windows 10 on a new hard drive: I'm installing a new hard drive on a PC hard drive that failed, it was upgrade from windows 7 to 10, can I reuse the license? and if so, do I have to install window 7 first then upgrade or just install windows 10? what are the steps to do this, do contact Microsoft?...
  7. installing Windows on new hard drive

installing Windows on new hard drive: The hard drive on my computer crashed. I have a new hard drive but I don't know how to install Windows 10 on it once I put it in as it will have no OS. I had windows 10 on drive that crashed. How can I get windows 10 on new drive without having to buy Windows 10 again. Have...
  8. Windows 10 hard drive failure and license to new drive

Windows 10 hard drive failure and license to new drive: My laptop has a hard drive that is failing. It is running Windows 10. I have downloaded the ISO, but need to know how to activate the license on the new drive. Thanks!...
  9. Installing Windows to a new hard drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows to a new hard drive.: To cut a long story short, the hard drive in my old PC died. Fortunately, I was in the process of building a new one, so I have the parts at my house, except a case, as I'm getting one from a friend. However, that hard drive is the one that had Windows installed on it, and...
  10. Keep windows license when replacing hard drive

Keep windows license when replacing hard drive: I have had a broken PC with a corrupt HDD hard drive for a while. I've been thinking about replacing its hard drive recently. I don't need the data in it, but if i buy a new hard drive, can I still have a windows license and stuff like that?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. replacing laptop harddisk keep windows license