Windows 10: Installing Windows on new Hard drive-Do I keep my license?

Discus and support Installing Windows on new Hard drive-Do I keep my license? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi My hard drive failed and I was wondering if I install a new drive and load fresh Windows, do I keep my license? At present I use a digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KevinPheiffer, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Installing Windows on new Hard drive-Do I keep my license?

Hi

My hard drive failed and I was wondering if I install a new drive and load fresh Windows, do I keep my license?

At present I use a digital license. Also I'm NOT changing the motherboard.

I have no recovery disc or anything, it would be a clean, fresh install.

Thank you.

:)

KevinPheiffer, Oct 22, 2019
  2. little cat, Oct 22, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Installing Windows on new Hard drive-Do I keep my license?

Problems installing new hard drive

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Installing Windows on new Hard drive-Do I keep my license?

1. Installing Windows on new Hard drive-Do I keep my license? - Similar Threads - Installing Hard drive

2. I erased my entire hard drive, and my license was gone with it. How do I get my license...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I erased my entire hard drive, and my license was gone with it. How do I get my license...: Basically, I was trying to do a fresh install of windows manually because something was wrong with it and it went wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-erased-my-entire-hard-drive-and-my-license-was/9bc6de33-0d93-48e1-81fc-4af84b357010
  3. How do I move my Windows 10 license to a new hard drive?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I move my Windows 10 license to a new hard drive?: I've got a 5 year old desktop computer. Back then platter hard drives were what was used. It's given me 5 years of service, but it has become no longer reliable. Therefore, I've decided to replace it with an solid state drive SSD, which arrived yesterday. Now I'm just waiting...
  4. I lost my hard drive and my license?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I lost my hard drive and my license?: Hi everyone recently i lost my hard drive. Before installing a new windows 10 in another hard drive im wondering what will happen with my old windows 10 key, its lost i supose, i don't have any backup avaliable. Then i started to run some recovery stuff to my broken hard...
  5. Reuse license to Install Windows 10 on a new hard drive

Reuse license to Install Windows 10 on a new hard drive: I'm installing a new hard drive on a PC hard drive that failed, it was upgrade from windows 7 to 10, can I reuse the license? and if so, do I have to install window 7 first then upgrade or just install windows 10? what are the steps to do this, do contact Microsoft?...
  6. I can't install windows apps on my new hard drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't install windows apps on my new hard drive: Hello everyone ! So I have a big problem right now, I can install apps and games on every hard drive I got, except the latest one I had a month ago, I get error 0x80070057 whenever I try to install things from windows store or Xbox beta app on it I can install anything from...
  7. Windows 10 hard drive failure and license to new drive

Windows 10 hard drive failure and license to new drive: My laptop has a hard drive that is failing. It is running Windows 10. I have downloaded the ISO, but need to know how to activate the license on the new drive. Thanks!...
  8. Keep windows license when replacing hard drive

Keep windows license when replacing hard drive: I have had a broken PC with a corrupt HDD hard drive for a while. I've been thinking about replacing its hard drive recently. I don't need the data in it, but if i buy a new hard drive, can I still have a windows license and stuff like that?...
  9. Can I do a clean install now and keep my license ?

Can I do a clean install now and keep my license ?: Just as the title says. (It's a 'preview' license) 15415
  10. how to install Win10 on a new Drive (same pc) and keep my license

how to install Win10 on a new Drive (same pc) and keep my license: Hi, I bought a new SSD drive, and i want to install windows 10 on it. Can you please tell me what are my option to do that AND keep my windows 10 registered ? Thank you 67728

Users found this page by searching for:

1. replacing laptop harddisk keep windows license