Windows 10: Installing Windows on new SSD - confused

Discus and support Installing Windows on new SSD - confused in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I feel stupid for having to ask this, but here goes... My PC is about 4 years old and didn't come with any Windows installation discs; it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/spicy_potato_skins, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Installing Windows on new SSD - confused

Hi,

I feel stupid for having to ask this, but here goes...

My PC is about 4 years old and didn't come with any Windows installation discs; it was pre-installed. More recently, I have become used to using SSDs on pretty much everything else, so I would like to switch from my HDD, to a new SSD. To do this, I was going to follow this guide: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10. I have installed Windows before on other PCs, but I have always had an official, physical disc to install it from.

In the guide, where it says "you will first need to have a licence to install Windows 10", does that simply mean that my copy needs to be legally obtained (which it is), or do I have to find a licence key/number from somewhere?

I'm sure this is a very basic thing to understand, but I'm so nervous of getting it all wrong!

submitted by /u/spicy_potato_skins
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/spicy_potato_skins, Dec 18, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Norton Win User
    New SSD install advice/opinions

My OS install was done last weekend and have been pulling in all of the updates over the past week so I should have ready and "clean"... been dumping/cleaning of all of the install garabage, restore points, etc

Corsair's website didn't have too much support info or I couldn't find it regarding firmware updates and tweaks. Basically the FAQ section suggested to make one change in the BIOS and nothing else had to be done *Confused Installing Windows on new SSD - confused :confused:

I'll check on those post install tweaks you mentioned and Thanks *Toast :toast:

Norton, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Installing Windows on new SSD - confused

Fresh Install of Windows 10 Home in new SSD

I have this Dell N4010 Laptop that I want to upgrade with an SSD and use the existing HDD as Data drive. I have an original windows of digital license.

Please suggest how I can install a fresh copy of the windows in my new SSD with the existing license. And please suggest how to activate the new installation of Windows.

Fahim.Anwar, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Installing Windows on new SSD - confused

1. Installing Windows on new SSD - confused - Similar Threads - Installing SSD confused

2. Installing Windows on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows on a new SSD: Hello, I am trying to install windows 10 pro on a new ssd, but I cannot get the installation to begin as whenever I attempt, the set up menu says that it cannot access the partition. I try installing drivers but it says no signed drivers available for this device. I cannot...
  3. Installing Windows on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows on a new SSD: Hello, I am trying to install windows 10 pro on a new ssd, but I cannot get the installation to begin as whenever I attempt, the set up menu says that it cannot access the partition. I try installing drivers but it says no signed drivers available for this device. I cannot...
  4. Installing Windows on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Install windows on new ssd?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install windows on new ssd?: I currently have an ssd with windows installed on mounted in the top slot on a rog strix b450f gaming and i have bought a new ssd wich is faster and with more space. I do not have any cd or usb with windows on. I bought the pc from a company wich also built the pc for me. The...
  6. Installing Windows to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows to a new SSD: Hello everyone. My laptop's hard disk is totally down system check says to replace the hard disk, it is damaged and I want to get a new SSD instead. But since I cannot run the laptop normally so I could download the Media Creation Tool. What other cheapest solution do I have...
  7. Confused With SSD And HDD Installation of Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Confused With SSD And HDD Installation of Windows: I have a laptop with SSD and HDD in it. My drivers look like this[ATTACH] how Can i know weather windows is installed in SSD or HDD ? I am also using Intel Optane Memory which looks like this [ATTACH] As you can see i have one SSD and one HDD how can know where is...
  8. Installing Windows on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing Windows on a new SSD: I'm wanting to install my OS on a new SSD, as well as my main programs and games. My question is will my Hard Drive be accessible as a bulk storage device immediately, or will I need to back up the data and wipe it? I'd rather not take any risks by going ahead immediately,...
  9. new install on new ssd,

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    new install on new ssd,: is there a way to delete just the windows files on my old ssd or am i going to have to format my old ssd to get rid of the old installation? submitted by /u/traveler9001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hxhkz5/new_install_on_new_ssd/
  10. Confuse partitioning organization after fresh installing on new SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Confuse partitioning organization after fresh installing on new SSD: Today I've bought myself an SSD, to speed up things... *Smile D:\ (Disk 1) is the Hard Disk (500GB), C:\ (Disk 0) is the Solid State Drive (120GB) (Both GPT/UEFI) Well, I decided to clean install Windows 10 on it, but the partitions look very odd. Screenshot of...