Windows 10: Installing Windows on new SSD in a laptop

Discus and support Installing Windows on new SSD in a laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop has a 512GB hard drive and I just bought 1TB SSD to use for the OS and all my games. There is an open spot for the SATA SSD so I know there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wuoahter, May 5, 2020.

1. Installing Windows on new SSD in a laptop

My laptop has a 512GB hard drive and I just bought 1TB SSD to use for the OS and all my games. There is an open spot for the SATA SSD so I know there will be no issues there. I want to know the procedure to move the OS to the new SSD while still having the hard drive for extra storage.

My laptop currently has windows 10 home.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/Wuoahter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Wuoahter, May 5, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 5, 2020
  3. Fresh Install of Windows 10 Home in new SSD

I have this Dell N4010 Laptop that I want to upgrade with an SSD and use the existing HDD as Data drive. I have an original windows of digital license.

Please suggest how I can install a fresh copy of the windows in my new SSD with the existing license. And please suggest how to activate the new installation of Windows.

Fahim.Anwar, May 5, 2020
  4. omega83 Win User

Installing Windows on new SSD in a laptop

Can't Install Windows on New SSD Installed on New Win10 Laptop

Hello Stankiem.

Good suggestion indeed but I already checked that out on HP's website. I am running the latest version (v1.06).

See below.

Installing Windows on new SSD in a laptop [​IMG]

omega83, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Installing Windows on new SSD in a laptop

1. Installing Windows on new SSD in a laptop - Similar Threads - Installing SSD laptop

2. Install new M2 SSD in laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install new M2 SSD in laptop: Hello, decided to upgrade my laptops SSD. I physically installed a new M.2 SSD on my laptop on the only slot there is or where the old one was. I have a windows installation media in a USB and when I boot up the laptop, the windows install screen comes up but when I get to...
  3. Install new M2 SSD in laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install new M2 SSD in laptop: Hello, decided to upgrade my laptops SSD. I physically installed a new M.2 SSD on my laptop on the only slot there is or where the old one was. I have a windows installation media in a USB and when I boot up the laptop, the windows install screen comes up but when I get to...
  4. Installing Windows on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows on a new SSD: Hello, I am trying to install windows 10 pro on a new ssd, but I cannot get the installation to begin as whenever I attempt, the set up menu says that it cannot access the partition. I try installing drivers but it says no signed drivers available for this device. I cannot...
  5. Install windows on new ssd?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install windows on new ssd?: I currently have an ssd with windows installed on mounted in the top slot on a rog strix b450f gaming and i have bought a new ssd wich is faster and with more space. I do not have any cd or usb with windows on. I bought the pc from a company wich also built the pc for me. The...
  6. Installing Windows to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows to a new SSD: Hello everyone. My laptop's hard disk is totally down system check says to replace the hard disk, it is damaged and I want to get a new SSD instead. But since I cannot run the laptop normally so I could download the Media Creation Tool. What other cheapest solution do I have...
  7. Resetting my Laptop and Installing to New SSD

Resetting my Laptop and Installing to New SSD: Hi,I wanted to do a factory reset to my laptop and reset my pc. I have two drives installed in my system. What I wanted to know is when I Reset my PC, will I be able to choose which drive I want to have my Windows installed in?...
  8. Laptop crashing after new SSD installed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop crashing after new SSD installed.: Hello everyone, found this great forum and really hoping i can get some help. Thanks in advance! I have an ASUS N551ZU, gaming laptop from 2015. IT has been working great...overheated but great. So I installed a new SSD and put the HD in a caddy disk. Also I replaced the...
  9. Installing Windows on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing Windows on a new SSD: I'm wanting to install my OS on a new SSD, as well as my main programs and games. My question is will my Hard Drive be accessible as a bulk storage device immediately, or will I need to back up the data and wipe it? I'd rather not take any risks by going ahead immediately,...
  10. Can't Install Windows on New SSD Installed on New Win10 Laptop

Can't Install Windows on New SSD Installed on New Win10 Laptop: Hello everyone, Here is my issue. I just got a deal on a brand new HP Probook 450 G3 that came with a 1To HDD and Windows 10 pre-installed. I used the spare money to purchase an Windows 7 Pro x64 license and a Sandisk 256Gb SSD. My intention was to pull the original HDD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. just installed windows on new ssd what partitions do i need on my old drive