Windows 10: Installing Windows on RAID0; AMD

Discus and support Installing Windows on RAID0; AMD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just got the new AMD 5900x and I am really struggling to try and install windows on RAID 0. I have a MSI MPG B550 Gaming wifi Motherboard, and I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/facepalmgamer, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Installing Windows on RAID0; AMD

I just got the new AMD 5900x and I am really struggling to try and install windows on RAID 0. I have a MSI MPG B550 Gaming wifi Motherboard, and I am trying to put two Crucial P1 1TB NVME SSDs into RAID 0 to boot off of. I have set SETA Mode to RAID, restarted. Deleted the default arrays, created mine with the two SSDs, verified it exists, but my issue is when I start the windows install.

Once I get to the windows install media, and I have to select the drive to install it on, I cant get my array to appear. When I first load it there are 4 options. Drive 0, drive 0 partition (12 MB), Drive 1 drive 1 partition. I have the drivers on my usb, x64/RAID_SETA I load rcbottom first. nothing changes. then rcraid, and nothing changes again, it still just those 4 options, none of which are usable, and are only half of the array. I loaded rccfg after the fact, but still no change. Am I doing something wrong? or can you not do raid with 5000 series yet? ant help would be nice.

submitted by /u/facepalmgamer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/facepalmgamer, Nov 28, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 28, 2020
  3. SnoopKatt Win User
    SIL3132 Woes (Windows installer won't recognize the raid0 array)

Hello,
    Yesterday, I just got a PCI Express raid0 card. My intention is to pair two of my older drives in a raid0 array and run Windows 7 off it. Once I plugged it into my computer, I could see the bios from the card come up on the screen. In my other Windows installation, I was even able to update the firmware and read and write to drives connected to it. So, I connected my two drives (which have identical model numbers) to it, and in the card bios, I set the two drives to be in raid0.

Here's where the trouble comes in: I popped in my Windows 7 ultimate disk (x64), and when I get to the point to choose the directory to install to, the raid0 array isn't on the list! I loaded drivers from silicon's website, but it still doesn't show up. Any ideas?
    Thanks!

BTW: here is some more information on the chipset:
    Home - Lattice Semiconductor

SnoopKatt, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Installing Windows on RAID0; AMD

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Installing Windows on RAID0; AMD

1. Installing Windows on RAID0; AMD - Similar Threads - Installing RAID0 AMD

2. Raid0 on older version of windows 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Raid0 on older version of windows 1909: After hours of troubleshooting i figured out that raid0 is not supported for older versions of windows such as 1909 which i am trying to use, why is that and is there a way to get my raid array to work for it? 22h2 seems to work just fine whenever i install windows with raid0...
  3. Raid0 on older version of windows 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Raid0 on older version of windows 1909: After hours of troubleshooting i figured out that raid0 is not supported for older versions of windows such as 1909 which i am trying to use, why is that and is there a way to get my raid array to work for it? 22h2 seems to work just fine whenever i install windows with raid0...
  4. Raid0 on older version of windows 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?: AMD stop windows update AMD driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-stop-windows-install-updates-for-amd-driver/338c2459-390c-431f-bb64-059be39dfe2f
  6. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?: AMD stop windows update AMD driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-stop-windows-install-updates-for-amd-driver/338c2459-390c-431f-bb64-059be39dfe2f
  7. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Help reading Intel RAID0 disks on Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help reading Intel RAID0 disks on Windows: My old PC took a crap so I got a new one and saved the 2 large hard drives in it, its a desktop and it now has the 2 SATA HDD that are 3TB each. They were an Intel RAID 0 array and a friend told me that I can just mount them like regular disks and read the data just fine, I...
  9. Formatting with a Raid0 Array

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Formatting with a Raid0 Array: I have a SSD with windows on, and then two 1TB hdds in raid0. I created that raid array in windows. I need to format that SSD now and reinstall windows.. but will my raid array stay intact? submitted by /u/Shame_TheRealOne [link] [comments]...
  10. Raid0

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Raid0: Can you pair 2 SSDs as RAID 0 if they are different brands? Both of my SSDs are 128GB, but one is Samsung and the other is Toshiba. 22110