Windows 10: Installing Windows to a new SSD

Discus and support Installing Windows to a new SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone. My laptop's hard disk is totally down system check says to replace the hard disk, it is damaged and I want to get a new SSD instead.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AbbasZeynalli, May 8, 2021.

1. Installing Windows to a new SSD

Hello everyone. My laptop's hard disk is totally down system check says to replace the hard disk, it is damaged and I want to get a new SSD instead. But since I cannot run the laptop normally so I could download the Media Creation Tool. What other cheapest solution do I have after installing the new SSD? Thanks in advance

:)

AbbasZeynalli, May 8, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 8, 2021
  3. Fresh Install of Windows 10 Home in new SSD

I have this Dell N4010 Laptop that I want to upgrade with an SSD and use the existing HDD as Data drive. I have an original windows of digital license.

Please suggest how I can install a fresh copy of the windows in my new SSD with the existing license. And please suggest how to activate the new installation of Windows.

Fahim.Anwar, May 8, 2021
  4. Installing Windows to a new SSD

New windows 10 installtion on New SSD - wont boot unless old SSD present

It seems you installed Windows while the both SSDs were connected. This would have caused your current problem. Maybe it is sufficient to do this:

1. Launch the Disk Manager.
    2. Right-click drive C:, then mark it as "active".
    3. Shut down Windows
    4. Open the BIOS and tell it that the new SSD is the primary boot device.
    5. Disconnect the old SSD.
    6. Boot up normally.

If this does not work then you might have to do this:

1. Disconnect the old SSD.
    2. Re-install Windows on the new SSD, using the Media Creation Tool.

Frederik Long, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Installing Windows to a new SSD

1. Installing Windows to a new SSD - Similar Threads - Installing SSD

2. Windows 10 clean installation on a new SSD, stuck in a loop no bootable device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 clean installation on a new SSD, stuck in a loop no bootable device: Hello everyone, this may be longBackground:I recently purchased a new 500 Gb M.2 NVMe SSD unit along with 16 GB of RAM to upgrade my laptop. I'm having zero problems with the RAM, however that's not the case for the SSD. The SSD is a Kingston KC2500, the laptop is a 2 year...
  3. Install Windows on SSD

Install Windows on SSD: I am attempting to put a fresh install of Windows onto an SSD I recently acquired, however when booting the system with the USB that contains the windows creation media. It takes me to the windows automatic repair screen.Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?...
  4. Installing windows in new SSD drive and moving old HDD in place of optical drive

Installing windows in new SSD drive and moving old HDD in place of optical drive: In my laptop Lenevo ideapad 320 14ikb, there is a 2.5 inch 1tb HDD. But it doesn't have any SSD slot. So, I decided to install a sata SSD in place of HDD and move the HDD in the CD/DVD drive using a caddy. Now, I want to setup new clean windows in the SSD No cloning. Most...
  5. Windows 10 booting from different SSD than what it's installed on.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 booting from different SSD than what it's installed on.: I've been trying to troubleshoot this for months now and have hit a brick wall.A few months ago my windowsexplorer.exe crashed forcing me to restart. The thing is it took over 30 minutes for it to get back to windows but it was pretty much after that, a few weeks later though...
  6. How to use Hard Disk HDD on caddy after windows installation on ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to use Hard Disk HDD on caddy after windows installation on ssd: I used to have windows on my hdd and i recently upgraded to 120 gb ssd and the windows is now in ssd,but i can use my hdd through caddy,both the drives are working properly but the hardisk is protected and it cant see its partitions and my previous window is still in that...
  7. Trying to install new SSD in Laptop - but have issues!

Trying to install new SSD in Laptop - but have issues!: Hi - have put a new disk into the laptop HP and the old drive is connected via USB - I also have a USB Media Creation tool image on a memory stick.Whilst the laptop will boot to the USB with the new image on it, it wont install - I guess because it wants to check I have a...
  8. A way to install W10 on a external SSD with Linux on internal SSD?

A way to install W10 on a external SSD with Linux on internal SSD?: Is there a way that wouldn t screw up dual boot? How about the drivers? i have USBC interface on both the laptop and ext SSD. And I want to install W10 on the SSD while having Fedora on the internal SSD. 180379
  9. Cannot boot with usb after installed ssd

Cannot boot with usb after installed ssd: I installed a ssd to my laptop and replaced the hdd by it so I try to reinstall windows by using usb boot, I used the mct to make it. But it is not working, It didnt boot with the usb, instead, it keep rebooting like this. https://streamable.com/ibucshI tried to install back...
  10. I want to fresh install windows 10 in my new ssd and preserve the data from hdd

I want to fresh install windows 10 in my new ssd and preserve the data from hdd: I have bought a new ssd and i want to install windows 10 freshly so i can enjoy the complete speed of ssd but i dont know how to do it i hope to use my old hdd for storage and dont want to loose old data except for the windows it has previously. i also dont know about the...