Windows 10: Installing Windows via USB Boot on a LINUX OS

Discus and support Installing Windows via USB Boot on a LINUX OS in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, recently I have installed a Linux based operating system (Parrot specifically if it helps) via Unetbootin, and realised I should have just used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Myster10, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Installing Windows via USB Boot on a LINUX OS

Hello, recently I have installed a Linux based operating system (Parrot specifically if it helps) via Unetbootin, and realised I should have just used it from live boots and not change the whole operating system.

Now I am stuck, all the USB Boot softwares seem to be Windows exe based and I am unfamiliar with installing Linux softwares, I am looking for a step-by-step tutorial for downloading a Linux based USB booting software (Something like Unetbootin because you don't have to format the drive and can keep the files/folders without having them removed on the switch-over). I have a legit copy of Windows still, it's just figuring out how to install it back from this foreign to-me operating system.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/Myster10
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Myster10, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Dec 3, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Wile E Win User

Installing Windows via USB Boot on a LINUX OS

How to go about building a tri-boot system?

Yeah, but he's throwing OS X in there. Not quite as easy to do, but not all that hard. Manual configuration of GRUB is necessary.

Wile E, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Installing Windows via USB Boot on a LINUX OS

1. Installing Windows via USB Boot on a LINUX OS - Similar Threads - Installing via USB

2. windows 11 block linux usb boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 block linux usb boot: Hello Dears, I recently purchased a newer laptop it came with new Snapdragon 7c gen 2 processor and Windows 11 ARM64.But its have a bad, a really bad performance with Windows 11, after boot in idle it uses 4gb of 8gb, and I removed everything, i means, -> teams, themes,...
  3. windows 11 block linux usb boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 block linux usb boot: Hello Dears, I recently purchased a newer laptop it came with new Snapdragon 7c gen 2 processor and Windows 11 ARM64.But its have a bad, a really bad performance with Windows 11, after boot in idle it uses 4gb of 8gb, and I removed everything, i means, -> teams, themes,...
  4. Windows Install via USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Install via USB: I want to reinstall Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion 15-cs3153cl with a USB Drive because I want to get rid of some bloatware and other things, but I'm not sure if my drivers will be reinstalled or if they wont. As a sidenote, I would also like to know how risky an install like...
  5. Boot to linux OS from windows with a command

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot to linux OS from windows with a command: hello guys, i am using Windows 10 Version 21H1 19043.1023 i have also installed linux on my other drive, and i am using UEFI boot mode with fast boot enabled, i would like to know, can make any command shortcut that will reboot windows and boot to my linux os automatically ?...
  6. HELP cant install windows via usb boot drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP cant install windows via usb boot drive: Hello, I finished building my new pc Specs are(Aorus b550 pro ac, 32 gig ram, gigabyte rtx 3070, 1 tb nand ssd , ryzen 5 5600x) Now i cant get windows to install, it only shows the windows logo (I even waited 3 hours but nothing changed) than I installed windows on the nand...
  7. I couldn't login windows after dual-boot installation of Linux os

I couldn't login windows after dual-boot installation of Linux os: I did partitioned my PC. Main os is Windows after installing Kali and restarting, I was shown the grub bootloader where I can select from the listed option OS. I was logged in to Kali straight up. I need help on on that. Therefore I can't access windows10 any longer...
  8. booting linux from USB

in Windows 10 Customization
    booting linux from USB: Hey guys, i have the surface laptop 2, and i have been trying to boot linux from the USB but nothing works. i used Rufus and format the usb FAT32. i tried to boot on my other laptop Acer and it worked fine. should i turn off the security boot and TMP ? i tried to change the...
  9. Clean install via usb boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install via usb boot: Hi guys, So i am attempting to do a clean install of windows 10 on my laptop, i have changed the boot order and have gone through the installation. Now, after the installation the computer restarts, and boots back up through usb again and make me go through the installation...
  10. Installing Windows 10 in a Linux OS Laptop

Installing Windows 10 in a Linux OS Laptop: Hello, My Laptop was shipped with Ubuntu 12.04 . Ubuntu had been removed somehow,( I am not sure how it was done) and Windows 7 was Installed. Now, I tried updating it to Windows 10 using the Windows Media Creation Tool The installation got stuck at 75% percent and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installing windows on linux boot time

2. how to boot windows 10 from usb in linux os