Windows 10: installing with UEFI/GPT - 1803 build

Discus and support installing with UEFI/GPT - 1803 build in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; trying to install a UEFI/GPT setup, but keep getting "unauthorised changes on firmware/OS or UEFI drivers" message. When i disable CSM/UEFI in BIOS it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by coinup, Oct 19, 2018.

1. coinup Win User

installing with UEFI/GPT - 1803 build

trying to install a UEFI/GPT setup, but keep getting "unauthorised changes on firmware/OS or UEFI drivers" message.

When i disable CSM/UEFI in BIOS it works but I cant seem to get the installer to create the extra three partitions for a proper install, only one.

:)

coinup, Oct 19, 2018

2. GPT vs MBR for SSD OS Disk ? (win7 install)

So

I've got a new PC coming and this time it's the first time I will be using UEFI, i have read all the big stuff but I don't have the hardware yet so It's still kind of half baked but I'll do dig deep into it once I start building in the coming days.

I've read the win7 install guides, MS GPT FAQs (not fully yet), etc,

But I wish to know if:

I can use UEFI as an upgraded bios without having to use GPT disk format?

GPT disks can have any sort of partition cloning for full operational OS backup ?

Will GPT format improve performance on SDD or improve reliability in terms of data integrity or error rate?

When isntalling win7 with MBR but using UEFI, will it work normally without needing to uefi-boot the window7 install?

If I cannot backup my OS in a 100% clone that will boot normally when recovered, i will probably not use GPT, that shit is a step backward.

RuskiSnajper, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

As the title says, I'm trying to install Windows on a RAID array in uefi on my Maximus V Formula. When using legacy ROM I can install just fine but I go into CSM and change settings to UEFI only, I can build the array in the UEFI Raid driver (IRST tab in "BIOS") but the array does not show up in the boot menu and when I try to install windows (boot from UEFI DVD drive), The drive does not show up in the Windows install. The next thing I tried was to enable UEFI and legacy oprom in CSM, boot from UEFI DVD drive and install to the RAID array (probably detected by legacy oprom) and it will install. After first reboot, Windows Boot manager will show up as an option in the BIOS boot menu so I set that as first boot device and reboot. I will get to the starting windows screen and then BSOD (too quick to get codes) The last thing I tried was Changing to legacy mode and installing windows to a different drive. once installed, I initialized the Raid array as GPT and rebooted, changed csm back to UEFI only but they RAID array still doesn't show in the boot device list so I repeated the earlier process hoping that It might work because I had initialized as GPT but it still BSODs on starting windows screen. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

mystiksinner, Oct 19, 2018
  4. FX-GMC Win User

Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

I think you were on track with your first try. Windows installer probably needs the RAID driver in order to detect it on install.

installing with UEFI/GPT  - 1803 build [​IMG]

FX-GMC, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

1. installing with UEFI/GPT - 1803 build - Similar Threads - installing UEFI GPT

2. Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt: For some reason Secure boot is unsupported even though i have uefi and gpt I just wanna upgrade to windows 11 man https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secureboot-unsupported-with-uefi-and-gpt/4ecbea94-66a5-4900-8727-902125e0b6df
  3. Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt: For some reason Secure boot is unsupported even though i have uefi and gpt I just wanna upgrade to windows 11 man https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secureboot-unsupported-with-uefi-and-gpt/4ecbea94-66a5-4900-8727-902125e0b6df
  4. Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT: I would to know how easy it is to change Legacy Mode to UEFI and change MBR to GPT ? I remember changing another pc...is this the command ... C: \ windows \ system32>MBR2GPT.EXE / convert / allowfullos Have checked disk management and my Asus K31ADE pc is in Legacy Mode and...
  6. legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Support
    legacy mode to UEFI-MBR to GPT: I would to know how easy it is to change Legacy Mode to UEFI and change MBR to GPT ? I remember changing another pc...is this the command ... C: \ windows \ system32>MBR2GPT.EXE / convert / allowfullos Have checked disk management and my Asus K31ADE pc is in Legacy Mode and...
  7. MBR to GPT. UEFI issue HP laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    MBR to GPT. UEFI issue HP laptop.: I converted my disk from MBR to GPT using CMD. Now in bios I have selected UEFI and disabled legacy, but OS is not booting. How do I get it to boot?...
  8. GPT - UEFI problem, reinstall required?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GPT - UEFI problem, reinstall required?: Hi guys, New to the forum, thanks for the help you provided in the past *Biggrin Hope you can help as my PC is now inaccessible. Yesterday I installed the new MB and CPU/RAM. Everything was fine, I started Windows, installed chipset drivers (moved from Intel to AMD),...
  9. install using gpt, uefi required?!?

install using gpt, uefi required?!?: is there any possibility to install w10 using gpt on and old pc without uefi?!? thanks 52181
  10. GPT or ??? New Install Build 14332

GPT or ??? New Install Build 14332: I created bootable flash drive using Rufus. The source is a downloaded windows 10 insider build 14332. It's official, check below. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...P7YwGMT7WTLqUA)() When I boot I'm told, "windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1803 error gpr uefi

2. windows does not recognize mbr2gbt