Windows 10: Installing Wrong Driver Caused WDF_VIOLATION

Discus and support Installing Wrong Driver Caused WDF_VIOLATION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was having trouble with my Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop Elan touchpad. It would activate anything the cursor traveled over. Long story short: Tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by theoldfarter, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Installing Wrong Driver Caused WDF_VIOLATION

I was having trouble with my Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop Elan touchpad. It would activate anything the cursor traveled over. Long story short: Tried various drivers from the Lenovo website but to no avail. I googled the problem and came across some Elan drivers on Softpedia site (I think). Install the latest driver, ignored the warning about it may not work (something like that) and restarted. I know I was foolish. I am even more foolish in that I had installed Macrium Reflect 2 days ago but had not yet made an image.

I am stuck in a boot loop with the WDF_VIOLATION message. This is what I have done, to no avail:

Can't boot into safe mode, the BSOD happens before getting to it.

System Restore won't work as it gives me an error (0x80070003).

Booted with the Macrium Rescue USB stick and tried to repair the boot menu. It says it has deleted the old and made the new but still get the BSOD

Downloaded Kyhi Boot DVD/USB from this forum and formatted the USB stick as FAT32 and copied the .iso on to it.
    Tried booting with it but no go. I get a message that there is no USB boot on the laptop.
    I go into the BIOS only to find that the USB boot option has gone. It was there before as changing the boot order to the USB, was one of the first things I did with this laptop when I bought it. There in no optical drive.

With no USB stick connected, I can get to the Recovery options where I can choose to Refresh windows without touching files, etc and I can also get to choose to install from the Lenovo Recovery partition. I assume they would work or maybe not and get back to the BSOD loop.

Is there any way I can get to uninstall that driver without going down the Refresh/ Restore option?

Anyway to bring back the USB boot option?

I came across another Y520 owner having a missing USB option and he was able to get it back by doing some BIOS changes, which I will do at a last resort. See here, 3rd post down: Solved: Lenovo Legion Y520 Missing USB in Boot Menu - Lenovo Community

Even if I am able to get the USB boot option back and can boot into the Kyhi software, will that enable me to uninstall the driver? The only way I know how to uninstall it is through the Device Manager. Will I be able to access that option using the Kyhi software?

Any suggestion folks or am I in a corner?
    Off to bed as it is 1.55 am and I have a headache.... wonder what caused that... lol

:)

theoldfarter, Jun 29, 2018
  2. Fox34 Win User

I cant get drivers to install

Read my guide, goes step buy step for nvidia driver install. Though I use a different driver cause I got 8 series, same method of installation

Fox34, Jun 29, 2018
  3. WDF_violation

Hi Rick,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the inconvenience caused.

The WDF_VIOLATION bug check has a value of 0x0000010D. This indicates that Kernel-Mode Driver Framework (KMDF) detected that Windows found an error in a framework-based driver.

I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot with BSOD:

windows 10 installation fails "pagefault_in_non-paged_area" pssnap.sys

Please reply with the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jun 29, 2018
  4. Installing Wrong Driver Caused WDF_VIOLATION

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jun 29, 2018
Thema:

Installing Wrong Driver Caused WDF_VIOLATION

1. Installing Wrong Driver Caused WDF_VIOLATION - Similar Threads - Installing Wrong Driver

2. WDF_Violation when trying to install newest nvidia driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WDF_Violation when trying to install newest nvidia driver: Lately I have been getting insane fps drops from 300 consistent to 60 every 10 seconds. I have a PC with: - i9-9900kf 4.7 GHz - RTX 2080 Super - 32gb ram 2660 Mhz with XMP enabled When I try to install the newest Nvidia driver, I just get blue screen saying...
  3. WDF_VIOLATION

WDF_VIOLATION: My CPU is at 97-100% when I just opened my rainbow 6 siege. And the temperature is at 90 degrees Celsius at least. Then I searched to fix that problem and said that I need to check for updates in setting and update, and then I click on update in steelseries keyboard then...
  4. WDF_violation

WDF_violation: [IMG]sometimes when i unplug my xbox controller my computer crash and give me this stop code WDF_violation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wdfviolation/44d67306-e9d5-45c3-a508-6b13854af258
  5. WDF_Violation

WDF_Violation: Sometimes when I adjust the volume level on my Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite keyboard, I get a BSOD that says WDF_Violation. Any ideas on the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wdfviolation/332b7f53-d824-43e8-9bf3-80d4ad86a98e
  6. WDF_violation

WDF_violation: sometimes when i unplug my xbox controller my computer crash and give me this stop code WDF_violation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wdfviolation/1d8e0a52-1d47-47c3-b06d-fa59f43a1b9f
  7. BSOD WDF_Violation

BSOD WDF_Violation: Hello, I have this error on pc. This is my first post and thank you for your attention.
  8. WDF_VIOLATION

WDF_VIOLATION: Hey y'all, I've never really been happy about Windows 10, but in the last few weeks I've been very upset with it. I'd be just going about my typical business, running Discord, Minecraft for Windows 10, and Spotify at the same time, when I would be just going about my...
  9. WDF_VIOLATION caused by UDE.sys

WDF_VIOLATION caused by UDE.sys: HI All, I'm encountering a blue screen when connecting a USB device to my HP EliteBook 850 G5, it doesn't matter which USB port as the BSOD happens on all. the blue screen occurs around 2 seconds after plugging in, the error stop code : WDF_VIOLATION, and it says what...
  10. WDF_VIOLATION when install/refresh/reset

WDF_VIOLATION when install/refresh/reset: Been using Windows 10 since it was released with no major problems. On 10061 I got some malware (russian game website open in browser on boot) so i tried to use Settings->Reset/Refresh but it just BSOD and reset without changing anything. So I reinstalled Windows twice...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wdf violation nvidia graphics drivers install