Windows 10: installing wrong file type

Discus and support installing wrong file type in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to install a file but the file it the wrong file type and I don't understand why.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RonanBerry1, Apr 13, 2021.

1. installing wrong file type

I'm trying to install a file but the file it the wrong file type and I don't understand why.

:)

RonanBerry1, Apr 13, 2021

2. Data Supplied of Wrong type

Seeing that there are a few hundred million Win10 installations out there, chances are that the problem does not lie with the "crappy operating system" but with your PC, maybe the hardware. I suggest you do this:

1. Copy a sample .mp3 file to your PC.
    2. Upload this file from your PC to some cloud storage.
    3. Upload the same file from a Mac to the same cloud storage, under a different name.
    4. Post the URLs here.
    I will then examine the files to see what's wrong.

Frederik Long, Apr 13, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 13, 2021
  4. installing wrong file type

Cortana search box - type request

Hi Richard,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What steps have you taken so far?
    • did you receive and error message?

I would suggest you to run System File Checker. its a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restored corrupted files. Follow the steps below:

• Press Win + R on the keyboard
    • Type CMD the hit OK
    • Type: sfc/scannow at the Command Prompt.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

installing wrong file type

1. installing wrong file type - Similar Threads - installing wrong file

2. When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type: All images saved from Chrome are being saved with the file type "File" regardless of the original file type of the image i am saving.I have tried from different browsers and they are saved in the correct format.I've contacted Google support and they say this is a Windows...
  3. When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type: All images saved from Chrome are being saved with the file type "File" regardless of the original file type of the image i am saving.I have tried from different browsers and they are saved in the correct format.I've contacted Google support and they say this is a Windows...
  4. When I save an image file it saves as the wrong file type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Files downloading as the wrong type of file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files downloading as the wrong type of file.: I am trying to download .rar files they are mods for a game, The Sims to be specific and when they download, they become photoshop files. I cannot open them in photoshop either, and I want them to stop downloading as photoshop files. They're still .rar files technically, but...
  6. Wrong file type

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wrong file type: I downloaded some community made stuff for a game but when i extract the zip file they dont show up as .blk (how it should be) but instead as autocad extraction Te and when i look up how to change the file type i tried but no luck.. any help? -thx submitted by /u/clavinZKL...
  7. The things inside the file are the wrong type :c

in Windows 10 Customization
    The things inside the file are the wrong type :c: Hello, I have been trying to figure out this problem all day. I open my file explorer and I had downloaded a mod for a game. But inside the file, the type is not correct, I think I accidently changed it some how and I do not know how to put it back. Please help me!! Thank...
  8. SSD wrong Type

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD wrong Type: How can I change an SSD Type Dynamic to Type Basic? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-wrong-type/b38a9db3-b836-45fa-87dd-3e7f36869dee
  9. wrong icon for certain file types windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    wrong icon for certain file types windows 10: I had installed a program to convert some video files to a type I can play with an xbox. After I downloaded the program I noticed a bunch of the icons on my desktop were now this: [img] I immediately uninstalled the program and ran virus scans. The virus scans...
  10. Some file type show wrong icon.

in Windows 10 Support
    Some file type show wrong icon.: Hello, i'm using windows 10 insider now in build 10547, recently some file with specified extension showing the wrong icon, all the wrong icon is same as in the screenshoot: [img] All error files have icon same like this picture, but all file is can opened with right...