Windows 10: Installing WSL leads to a blue screen loop, how can I prevent this?

Discus and support Installing WSL leads to a blue screen loop, how can I prevent this? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have before tried installing WSL and ubuntu through the store, but they complained about a missing feature as discussed in the previous support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pepijn8, Mar 8, 2023.

1. Pepijn8 Win User

Installing WSL leads to a blue screen loop, how can I prevent this?

I have before tried installing WSL and ubuntu through the store, but they complained about a missing feature as discussed in the previous support request see the following in the ubuntu application:WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370114 Error: 0x80370114 The operation could not be started because a required feature is not installed. Press any key to continue...I read somewhere that Hyper-V was the missing feature, installing lead to booting into a blue screen, it did not appear to be recoverable.I reached the same result blue screen loop when installing WSL over command prom

:)

Pepijn8, Mar 8, 2023

2. Installing WSL causes a blue screen

Hi Dave,

I performed the clean install and tried to install wsl right away, and still the same blue screen with the same message.

OwenAllemang, Mar 8, 2023
  3. Installing WSL causes a blue screen

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your reply.

I tried to update the thunderbolt driver but didn't fix anything.

I tried updating the Realtek Card reader driver from the manufacturer's website (Lenovo)

it installed version: 10.0.18363.2133

Then, I tried to install wsl, and when rebooting, it got suck in a blue screen loop, now saying RtsPer.sys.

I had to boot in safe mode to uninstall the Realtek Card reader driver to be able to boot correctly.

These are the two minidumps that were generated during these blue screens:

Dropbox - minidumps.rar - Simplify your life

Then it rolled back the windows version (as before updating the driver), but now I could not update windows.

Nor could I reinstall the driver, either through windows update or from the download from Lenovo.

To fix the installation, I used the windows media creation to repair windows, which fixed the windows update issues and reinstalled the Realtek Card reader driver.

It installed version: 10.0.19041.21342

Trying to install wsl and rebooting still caused a blue screen (same code, but didn't say what failed)

Here is the minidump:

Dropbox - 092222-14031-01.rar - Simplify your life

4. Installing WSL leads to a blue screen loop, how can I prevent this?

Installing WSL causes a blue screen

I'm trying to install wsl on my laptop:

Running the command:

wsl --install

After I reboot and I get a blue screen with:

Stop code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

What failed: TbtBusDrv.sys

I would appreciate it if I could get some help to fix this issue.

Here is the minidump generated, if that helps

Dropbox - 092122-16156-01.rar - Simplify your life

Thema:

Installing WSL leads to a blue screen loop, how can I prevent this?

1. Installing WSL leads to a blue screen loop, how can I prevent this? - Similar Threads - Installing WSL leads

2. Restoring previous windows leading to blue screen loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring previous windows leading to blue screen loop: Hi!I was updating my pc not knowing it would also update my windows 10 pc to windows 11. Personally, I prefer windows 10 over the 11. Because of my preference, I wanted to restore windows 10 from windows 11. As my pc was restoring previous window, the blue screen popped up...
  3. Restoring previous windows leading to blue screen loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring previous windows leading to blue screen loop: Hi!I was updating my pc not knowing it would also update my windows 10 pc to windows 11. Personally, I prefer windows 10 over the 11. Because of my preference, I wanted to restore windows 10 from windows 11. As my pc was restoring previous window, the blue screen popped up...
  4. Uninstalling WSL lead to infinite Blue screen of the death loop on reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling WSL lead to infinite Blue screen of the death loop on reboot: Yesterday I have got my new machine and after a lot of trouble I was able to install and activate Windows 10 Pro. After installing all needed drivers I have began downloading software that I used on my old machine. That lead me to installing WSL. WSL itself installed fine...
  5. Uninstalling WSL lead to infinite Blue screen of the death loop on reboot

Uninstalling WSL lead to infinite Blue screen of the death loop on reboot: Yesterday I have got my new machine and after a lot of trouble I was able to install and activate Windows 10 Pro. After installing all needed drivers I have began downloading software that I used on my old machine. That lead me to installing WSL. WSL itself installed fine...
  6. Uninstalling WSL lead to infinite Blue screen of the death loop on reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Installing WSL leads to a blue screen loop, how can I prevent this?

Installing WSL leads to a blue screen loop, how can I prevent this?: I have before tried installing WSL and ubuntu through the store, but they complained about a missing feature as discussed in the previous support request see the following in the ubuntu application:WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370114 Error: 0x80370114 The...
  8. Installing WSL causes a blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing WSL causes a blue screen: I'm trying to install wsl on my laptop:Running the command:wsl --installAfter I reboot and I get a blue screen with:Stop code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLEDWhat failed: TbtBusDrv.sysI would appreciate it if I could get some help to fix this issue.Here is the minidump...
  9. Installing WSL causes a blue screen

Installing WSL causes a blue screen: I'm trying to install wsl on my laptop:Running the command:wsl --installAfter I reboot and I get a blue screen with:Stop code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLEDWhat failed: TbtBusDrv.sysI would appreciate it if I could get some help to fix this issue.Here is the minidump...
  10. Installing WSL causes a blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging