Windows 10: InstallShield 1628: Failed to complete Install

Discus and support InstallShield 1628: Failed to complete Install in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey there, I was recently trying to install an older "Made for Windows" game off the CD when this error popped up, as of yet not found the solution to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by roguespider, Sep 8, 2018.

1. roguespider Win User

InstallShield 1628: Failed to complete Install

Hey there, I was recently trying to install an older "Made for Windows" game off the CD when this error popped up, as of yet not found the solution to fixing it. It would seem that the "InstallShield" folder is missing from the Program files directory all together. Also when using the command prompt there are no errors. Is there a "InstallShield Reinstallation" available? Is there a way to reinstall Installshield? What other options are there?

:)

roguespider, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Darwin Dim Win User

InstallShield Error 1628

Hi,

The Error - 1628: failed to complete installation error that you've encountered may occur if the
    InstallShield application is corrupted or damaged. As an initial step to resolve your concern, we suggest that you rename the
    InstallShield folder by following these steps:

• Locate the InstallShield folder under the C:\Programs File\Common Files\
    • Right-click the InstallShield folder, and then click
      Rename
    • Type InstallShield1, and then press ENTER.
    • Try to install the program.

Note: Ensure that your account has administrative rights.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Sep 8, 2018
  3. PRADEEPTA KUMAR JENA Win User
    InstallShield Error 1628

I keep getting an Installshield 1628 error (Failed to complete installation) when trying to install Cyberlink Media Suite on a new laptop with Windows 10.

Any help would be appreciated.

Moved from: Windows > Windows 10 > Device & drivers > PC

PRADEEPTA KUMAR JENA, Sep 8, 2018
  4. YancyDionne Win User

Error 1628 failed to complete installation

any time I try to install a program it crashes with error 1628 failed to complete installation... I've tried every fix I could find on google and nothing works, I fully believe windows update corrupted my installshield.

YancyDionne, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. InstallShield 1628: Failed to complete Install - Similar Threads - InstallShield 1628 Failed

2. Error 1628 : While installing Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 1628 : While installing Flight Simulator: Have used Paralles to get Windows 10 on my Imac so that I could then install all my Flight Sim X files. Only get part way when the 1628 code comes up. I cannot bring up the idrive.exe and msiexec.exe files to end the process as suggested as in step 3 of suggested fixes. I...
  3. Error 1628

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 1628: Have used Paralles to get Windows 10 on my Imac so that I could then install all my Flight Sim X files. Only get part way when the 1628 code comes up. I cannot bring up the idrive.exe and msiexec.exe files to end the process as suggested as in step 3 of suggested fixes. I...
  4. Game installation fails - 'Not enough memory resources to complete this command' ( 2)...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game installation fails - 'Not enough memory resources to complete this command' ( 2)...: I had made a question about this 6hrs ago and then i was calm but now i am totally pissed off the game downloading took me around 4 hrs but the installation which should had been only around 2-3 hr is just giving me errors from 2-3 days. I am absolutly annoyed and please...
  5. Game installation fails - 'Not enough memory resources to complete this command'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game installation fails - 'Not enough memory resources to complete this command': Hi, I just recently got a copy of a game i wanted from a really long time from my friend and started installing it as soon as i got it, but the first time my game files got corrupt as i had the antivirus on and it just was a false alarm(Being an idiot i clicked on delete...
  6. 1628 : Failed to complete installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1628 : Failed to complete installation: I have windows 10 and have been trying to install Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate collection and keep getting 1628: Failed to complete Installation. Have tried everything in their support about it and nothing works....
  7. windows 10 installshield wizard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 installshield wizard: So im trying to install a program through installshield wizard, but the problem is that its trying to install the files to the C drive which has no open space. Im trying to install the files to a different drive but i dont know how. Could yall help me out?...
  8. Build 11082 fails to complete installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Build 11082 fails to complete installation: Starting a new thread as the search function didn't find any posts about installation failure similar to my issue. I am an "Insider", on the fast ring. Build 11082 fails to install, no error messages are shown. The 1st stage (installing files) appears to complete OK. System...
  9. SSD seems to have failed completely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD seems to have failed completely: Microsoft has streamlined activation over the years, your hardware is the 'key' now. In fact, if an OEM PC was built and supplied with W8 or W10 a product key would have been embedded in the firmware. If so, Setup should read this and not even bother to ask if you want to...
  10. Unable to complete installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to complete installation: Hi all. Apologies if this is a repeat topic, I had a look and couldn't see anything here that answered my question. I'm trying to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on a laptop. The laptop was previously on 7. I am also replacing the HDD with an SSD, and adding new RAM....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 1628 cyberlink installshield windows 10