Windows 10: InstallShield Error 1628: Failed to complete installation

Discus and support InstallShield Error 1628: Failed to complete installation in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have been trying to install Zoo Tycoon 2: Ultimate Collection. I have been able to install in previously with no issues. I am trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KayleighA1, Feb 1, 2019.

1. InstallShield Error 1628: Failed to complete installation

Hello,

I have been trying to install Zoo Tycoon 2: Ultimate Collection. I have been able to install in previously with no issues. I am trying to reinstall it so I can put it on a different drive. When trying to install the game, InstallShield throws up and error. I have tried everything i could find related to this issue to try to resolve it but nothing has worked.

Things I've tried:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/910816/microsoft-games-installshield-error-messages

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

It is getting rather frustrating considering that this worked completely fine just a few months ago.

:)

KayleighA1, Feb 1, 2019

2. InstallShield Error 1628

Hi,

The Error - 1628: failed to complete installation error that you've encountered may occur if the
    InstallShield application is corrupted or damaged. As an initial step to resolve your concern, we suggest that you rename the
    InstallShield folder by following these steps:

• Locate the InstallShield folder under the C:\Programs File\Common Files\
    • Right-click the InstallShield folder, and then click
      Rename
    • Type InstallShield1, and then press ENTER.
    • Try to install the program.

Note: Ensure that your account has administrative rights.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Feb 1, 2019
  3. InstallShield Error 1628

I keep getting an Installshield 1628 error (Failed to complete installation) when trying to install Cyberlink Media Suite on a new laptop with Windows 10.

Any help would be appreciated.

Moved from: Windows > Windows 10 > Device & drivers > PC

PRADEEPTA KUMAR JENA, Feb 1, 2019
  4. InstallShield Error 1628: Failed to complete installation

Error 1628 failed to complete installation

any time I try to install a program it crashes with error 1628 failed to complete installation... I've tried every fix I could find on google and nothing works, I fully believe windows update corrupted my installshield.

YancyDionne, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

InstallShield Error 1628: Failed to complete installation

1. InstallShield Error 1628: Failed to complete installation - Similar Threads - InstallShield Error 1628

2. InstallShield Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    InstallShield Error: Hello: I am receiving this error whne trying to download/install an app. Are you able to suggest a workaround to resolve this issue: An error occurred while downloading the file http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/a/c/aac39226-8825-44ce-90e3-bf8203e74006/dotmetfx.exe....
  3. Trying to Delete 2016 FTR Player and 1628: Failed to Complete Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to Delete 2016 FTR Player and 1628: Failed to Complete Installation: File shows origin as FTR LABS PTY LTD. Certificate was SAFE at the time and seems to have expired in January. I'm trying to update to new version of For The Record and install shield prompt instructs to delete previous version. When I attempt that in control panel I get...
  4. InstallShield Error 1628 cannot complete script based installation

InstallShield Error 1628 cannot complete script based installation: I am trying to install a program that uses the InstallShield platform but when I launch the program it keeps failing with the error 1628. I have tried to register and unregister msiexec.exe, renaming the Installshield folder and running the installer with a clean boot but...
  5. Error 1628 Failed to complete installation

Error 1628 Failed to complete installation: I try to install MPLAB program but this error get out to me . 1628: Failed to complete installation . How to solve it ?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-1628-failed-to-complete-installation/c5090af4-0203-470b-9095-f94645e5b870
  6. Error 1628

Error 1628: I try to install MPLAB program but this error get out to me . 1628: Failed to complete installation . Who to solve it ?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-1628/c5090af4-0203-470b-9095-f94645e5b870
  7. ERROR 1628

ERROR 1628: I encountered an issue after installing Windows 10 on my Imac using Paralles desktop, then I tried to install all my Flight Sim X files to play Flight Simulator. But in the middle of installation the 1628 code comes up. So I cannot end the process...
  8. Error 1628

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 1628: Have used Paralles to get Windows 10 on my Imac so that I could then install all my Flight Sim X files. Only get part way when the 1628 code comes up. I cannot bring up the idrive.exe and msiexec.exe files to end the process as suggested as in step 3 of suggested fixes. I...
  9. InstallShield 1628: Failed to complete Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    InstallShield 1628: Failed to complete Install: Hey there, I was recently trying to install an older "Made for Windows" game off the CD when this error popped up, as of yet not found the solution to fixing it. It would seem that the "InstallShield" folder is missing from the Program files directory all together. Also when...
  10. 1628 : Failed to complete installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1628 : Failed to complete installation: I have windows 10 and have been trying to install Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate collection and keep getting 1628: Failed to complete Installation. Have tried everything in their support about it and nothing works....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installshield wizard windows 10

2. installshield 1628 windows 10

3. error 1628 installation error

4. complete installationerror message 1628 failed to ,
  5. message failed to complete installshield wizard,
  6. zoo tycoon 2 1628 failed to install,
  7. 1628 failed to complete installation window 10 unistallation,
  8. 1628 failed to complete installation quectel,
  9. installshield 1628 failed to complete,
  10. installshield update W10,
  11. keep getting 1628 failed to complete application,