Windows 10: InstallShield Wizard Error reading setup initialization file

Discus and support InstallShield Wizard Error reading setup initialization file in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Any solution to this problem: InstallShield Wizard Error reading setup initialization file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ISMKHL, Dec 8, 2020.

1. ISMKHL Win User

InstallShield Wizard Error reading setup initialization file

Any solution to this problem:

:)

ISMKHL, Dec 8, 2020

2. InstallShield Error 1628

Hi,

The Error - 1628: failed to complete installation error that you've encountered may occur if the
    InstallShield application is corrupted or damaged. As an initial step to resolve your concern, we suggest that you rename the
    InstallShield folder by following these steps:

• Locate the InstallShield folder under the C:\Programs File\Common Files\
    • Right-click the InstallShield folder, and then click
      Rename
    • Type InstallShield1, and then press ENTER.
    • Try to install the program.

Note: Ensure that your account has administrative rights.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Dec 8, 2020
  3. InstallShield Wizard 0x80040707

I can't install or update a program called Clear.fi on my computer. InstallShield Wizard starts to install it, but suddently this pops-up and the installation stops:

InstallShield Wizard

Error: 0x80040707

DLL-function call crashed: GetDXver.GetDXVersion

The installation is terminated

Do you guys know what is causing it, and how I can fix it?

(I'm running Windows 10, upgraded from Win7)

Gustav Metnik-Beck, Dec 8, 2020
  4. MonaJose Win User

Installshield wizard freeze - no error information

Hello

I have a problem with installation of old game (no idea if it is for 32 or 64 bit - not written in the instruction). I have original box and CD bought ten years ago.

My new computer has windows 10 64 bit and this is the problem when I try to install:

I click on CD/DVD icon – installshield wizard configurations – license agreement and setup style to choose – begin installation – “Please wait a while the InstallShield Wizard installs
    gamename. This may take several minutes.”

It is stuck at this part forever. The “status” of installation does not move at all. Also no error information shows up.

I looked for answers and tried:

open CD/DVD in new window – “open as administrator” setup.exe or autorun.exe

Both didn’t work and end stuck at installshield.

Please help

MonaJose, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

1. InstallShield Wizard Error reading setup initialization file - Similar Threads - InstallShield Wizard Error

2. InstallShield Wizard - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    InstallShield Wizard - Windows 10: I'm having an issue with InstallShield Wizard where it crashes seconds after I launch the .exe, and I have no Idea what the issue is. I've tried running in compatibility mode and attempted to launch the installer with every version of windows back as far to Windows XP service...
  3. InstallShield Wizard - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    InstallShield Wizard - Windows 10: I'm having an issue with InstallShield Wizard where it crashes seconds after I launch the .exe, and I have no Idea what the issue is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installshield-wizard-windows-10/a9efda64-5c9e-4e44-8256-46d58dedf230
  4. InstallShield Wizard - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    InstallShield Wizard - Windows 10: I'm having an issue with InstallShield Wizard where it crashes seconds after I launch the .exe, and I have no Idea what the issue is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installshield-wizard-windows-10/a9efda64-5c9e-4e44-8256-46d58dedf230
  5. InstallShield Wizard ends up suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    InstallShield Wizard ends up suddenly: Hi all!I have this program Motosim from Yaskawa Motoman Corporation, and when clicking in Uninstall under Programs and Features, the InstallShield Wizard starts, and in the pop up window the process Windows Installer seems to load, but when finishes loading, the pop up closes...
  6. InstallShield Wizard ends up suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    InstallShield Wizard ends up suddenly: Hi all!I have this program Motosim from Yaskawa Motoman Corporation, and when clicking in Uninstall under Programs and Features, the InstallShield Wizard starts, and in the pop up window the process Windows Installer seems to load, but when finishes loading, the pop up closes...
  7. InstallShield Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    InstallShield Error: Hello: I am receiving this error whne trying to download/install an app. Are you able to suggest a workaround to resolve this issue: An error occurred while downloading the file http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/a/c/aac39226-8825-44ce-90e3-bf8203e74006/dotmetfx.exe....
  8. Installshield wizard freeze - no error information

Installshield wizard freeze - no error information: Hello I have a problem with installation of old game (no idea if it is for 32 or 64 bit - not written in the instruction). I have original box and CD bought ten years ago. My new computer has windows 10 64 bit and this is the problem when I try to install: I click on...
  9. Setup wizard

Setup wizard: I am trying to download epic games installer on my windows 10 hp touchsmart 15 but it keeps saying that installation ended prematurely can somebody help me out please?...
  10. windows 10 installshield wizard

windows 10 installshield wizard: So im trying to install a program through installshield wizard, but the problem is that its trying to install the files to the C drive which has no open space. Im trying to install the files to a different drive but i dont know how. Could yall help me out?...