Windows 10: Instant game crash in insider release preview channel

Discus and support Instant game crash in insider release preview channel in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; how is it possible that the release preview channel which is supposed to be the most stable channel of the insider program cant run games? upon startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JonasRietdorf, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Instant game crash in insider release preview channel

how is it possible that the release preview channel which is supposed to be the most stable channel of the insider program cant run games? upon startup they instantly crash.

microsoft has alrdy acknowledged this problem and narrowed it down to an issue with the graphics stack.

recently I was in the dev channel and switched to the release preview one because I have my uni stuff on my pc now. looks looks I have to leave the windows insider programm altogether if all preview rings are this unreliable.

:)

JonasRietdorf, Dec 19, 2020
  2. Pauli O Win User

Stuck on Insider Preview?

Those linked instructions to opt-out are for old versions. This "Stop getting previews builds" will eventually get you out of getting previews, but it take some time. Now Dev channel is in build 20170 and next time when previews of next Windows versions
    reach these Dev channel builds is some time before 21H1 is released.

If you want to get out of previews and return to released version right now, your only option is to backup all your data and do a clean install using Media Creation Tool.

Download Windows 10

EDIT:

Next time you have questions concerning insider previews I recommend you to post those to Insider forum to get up to date information, not links to 3-5 years old out dated instructions.

Results in Windows Insider Program - Microsoft Community

Pauli O, Dec 19, 2020
  3. TechGuy_82, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Instant game crash in insider release preview channel

unable to update from release preview channel to windows 10 2004 Error Code (0xc1900101)

currently running window insider release preview channel. Edition Windows Home Version 1903 OS build 19025.1051

Got windows update to 2004 from window update center, but update failed with error code 0xc1900101

this is a desktop with AMD Ryzen 5 cpu, 24GB of RAM.

I've tried steps listed on Can't update to Windows 10 Version 2004. Error 0xC1900101 but
    didn't work

when running sfc /scannow on CMD I got

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

then I check the log on C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log I found

2020-08-02 11:57:37, Info CBS Cannot finalize a session that has been finalized. [HRESULT = 0x800f0842]

don't know if it is related.

This build expires on July 31. It is already passed that date and windows keep prompt me to update. But I couldn't install the suggested update. It would be great if anyone can help

CharlieBond2, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Instant game crash in insider release preview channel

1. Instant game crash in insider release preview channel - Similar Threads - Instant game crash

2. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 released to the Dev Channel

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 released to the Dev Channel: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 has been released to the Dev Channel. It adds a new way to use Windows Spotlight, a Multi-App Kiosk Mode, and fixes many bugs. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 Windows Spotlight The update adds a new...
  3. Moving from Insider Program's "Beta" to "Release Preview" channel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving from Insider Program's "Beta" to "Release Preview" channel: There is contradictory information on how to move back from the Windows Insider "Beta" to "Release Preview" channel. It's supposed to be easy, says Microsoft, yet it's anything but.After some recent, frequent, huge updates to Windows 11, spaced maybe one week apart, I can see...
  4. Moving from Insider Program's "Beta" to "Release Preview" channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving from Insider Program's "Beta" to "Release Preview" channel: There is contradictory information on how to move back from the Windows Insider "Beta" to "Release Preview" channel. It's supposed to be easy, says Microsoft, yet it's anything but.After some recent, frequent, huge updates to Windows 11, spaced maybe one week apart, I can see...
  5. Windows 11 Build 22526 released to the Insider Preview Dev Channel

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Build 22526 released to the Insider Preview Dev Channel: Microsoft has released Windows 11 Build 22526 to the Developer Channel. Let's see what the first Insider Preview of 2022 brings. [ATTACH] The announcement article mentions that the company is testing a windowed mode for Alt + Tab. The feature is only available for some...
  6. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 released to the Developer Channel

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 released to the Developer Channel: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 is now available for participants in the Developer Channel. This version contains a ton of fixes, with a few minor changes to the overall experience. [ATTACH] Notable changes in Windows 11 Build 22504 Build 22494, which was released...
  7. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 released to the Developer Channel

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 released to the Developer Channel: Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 to the Developer Channel. Let's dive in to see what's new, the bugs that were fixed, and of course new problems that have surfaced with this version. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499...
  8. Missed the Release Preview Channel invitation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missed the Release Preview Channel invitation: I missed the invitation to go to the Beta channel and the Release Preview Channel . My computer does not meet the hardware requirement for Win11. How can I get the current version, 21H2 Build 19044.1147 KB5004296 downloaded so I don't have to wipe my computer?...
  9. About Windows Insider Program - Release Preview Channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About Windows Insider Program - Release Preview Channel: Would it be safe to join Release Preview Channel and install from there Windows 11? Or would it be a big risk and it would be recommended to stay on the normal versions and not join the Release Preview Channel and wait for the normal upgrade to come? I need an advice if it...
  10. About Windows Insider Program - Release Preview Channel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Windows Insider Program - Release Preview Channel: Would it be safe to join Release Preview Channel and install from there Windows 11? Or would it be a big risk and it would be recommended to stay on the normal versions and not join the Release Preview Channel and wait for the normal upgrade to come? I need an advice if it...