Windows 10: Instantly Switch Between Last Opened App

Discus and support Instantly Switch Between Last Opened App in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, I hope everyone is keeping well! Does anyone know if there is a way to instantly switch and open the last opened app? any hacks included,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by new11, Jun 27, 2021.

1. new11 Win User

Instantly Switch Between Last Opened App

Hey guys, I hope everyone is keeping well! Does anyone know if there is a way to instantly switch and open the last opened app? any hacks included, regedit ect E.g: there's 12 apps open. Using either a shortcut or touchpad gesture, instantly switch between app A & C, C & A (or whatever the last previous opened apps is) I do know lots of all the different ways to switch tasks in Win10. However, as these methods scroll between all open apps, I'm finding myself always switching to the wrong app. Many thanks in advance for any feedback. Instantly Switch Between Last Opened App :) Precision Gesture Touchpad Win10 Pro Dell XPS15 Version; 2004 Build; 19041.1052

:)

new11, Jun 27, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Instantly Switch Between Last Opened App :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 27, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

Instantly Switch Between Last Opened App [​IMG]

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, Jun 27, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Instantly Switch Between Last Opened App - Similar Threads - Instantly Switch Between

2. I can' t switch between apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can' t switch between apps: For example i was playing a game and when I alt tabbed to go on google to do a research it wasn't loading up the page so i went back to the game and the game and i got kicked out for connection lost and after like 3seconds it went back to normal so i tried to not use alt tab...
  3. Windows 11 Switching between open programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Switching between open programs: I have both and new computer and am new to Windows 11.With Windows 10, I used to click the program on the task bar and the computer would show me that program or excel file on my monitor.With Windows 11, sometimes if I hover, then click the thing that shows up the computer...
  4. Windows 11 Switching between open programs

Windows 11 Switching between open programs: I have both and new computer and am new to Windows 11.With Windows 10, I used to click the program on the task bar and the computer would show me that program or excel file on my monitor.With Windows 11, sometimes if I hover, then click the thing that shows up the computer...
  5. Switching between apps automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching between apps automatically: I have a new ASUS laptop and when I open something like File Explorer and then select one of the files, frequently from the open file, I pop back to the File Explorer list. How do I stop this?...
  6. Switching between apps automatically

Switching between apps automatically: I have a new ASUS laptop and when I open something like File Explorer and then select one of the files, frequently from the open file, I pop back to the File Explorer list. How do I stop this?...
  7. UsbDeviceSignalHandler open when switching between Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UsbDeviceSignalHandler open when switching between Windows: I noticed that for some time I have that weird invisible window or something named USB device signal handler. I can't find it in processes what starts to worry me, that I got some **** or some USB problem I'm not aware of. I did notice any change since this thing appears is...
  8. my cursor disappears when switching between open apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    my cursor disappears when switching between open apps: When I have multiple pages on the desktop open one disappears when switching between the open apps. How do I fix this in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cursor-disappears-when-switching-between-open/e71af598-723d-4e5d-bdbf-274840731113
  9. Switching between full screen apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching between full screen apps: I know not many people use full screen apps, but how do you easily switch between them in 8/8.1 go to start screen load app go to start screen load another app now you can mouse to top left and select which app you want in 10 go to start screen load app and use...
  10. Switch Between Open Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Switch Between Open Apps in Windows 10: How to: Switch Between Open Apps in Windows 10 How to Switch Between Open Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new feature called Task view. Task view is a virtual desktop manager that allows you to quickly switch between all of your open apps on multiple...